how much are you allowed to have in the bank before you cant claim sick benefit?

BenScoobert
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My dad is unable to work due to recovering from a heart bypass and other things.

He has just got a payout from the union for losing his driving license of £7k. He is also due to take some early pension money of £12k and he has a £3k isa.

He's worried that they will stop his benefits if he has this much money, I know it sounds a lot but he is living off around £9k a year.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks

Ben

Page 28 of this:

http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/stellent/groups/jcp/documents/websitecontent/dev_012319.pdf

details how pension income can affect Incapacity Benefit

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

The way I read it it is about sick benefit ie Incapacity benefit, not sick pay

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

• 4 months later...

Looking at the thread i think his dad is is no longer employed and claiming incapacity benefits, not SSP

He has had a heart bypass and lost his Licence, so long term sickness may be what the lads talking about....

You state ur dad is living off £9k per year, thats neither SSP nor incapacity benefit figures... is it rolled up with payments from shares or stocks etc etc

The benefits section will look at all in-comings for your dad, some will affect his benefits some won't, but its best to declare whatever funds he does have, to save any hassle and possible over-payments that might/could occurr....

After you have spoken to him, about where his income is from and what its made up of, you will be more clued up when trying to sort such complex matters... Hope ur dad is making a recovery from his operation...

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

Thanks for the response. I forgot all about this thread.

Its ended up him moving in with us as the social security system doesn't seem to look after people who paid into the system all their life.

Seems he needs to be an illegal immigrant or a pregnant teenager........

if he's worked recently he should be getting incapacity benefit,other income would not even be asked for.Not sure what your comment about moving him in with you would have to do with the DWP,unless be was claiming Housing Benefit