RBS CC part offer (after claim filed)

munchkin0110
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6062 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I filed a claim for £279.71 (plus court fee of £30.00) on 3 August 2007 which has been acknowledged. Last week I received a cheque from RBS for only £129.00 in full & final settlement, conditional on me writing to the court to discontinue proceedings and to keep terms of the settlement stricly p&c (although letter isn't marked 'without prejudice'!

I presume I should just send it back as you do with offers before claims are filed. Or should I accept it as part settlement only (not sure I can do that with wording of letter).

I can't believe they have only made a part offer after the claim has been filed.

Any advice appreciated please .

Munchkin

Egg - settled in full at LBA

Barclaycard - settled in full after defence issued but before hearing date advised

Barclays - settled in full after defence issued but before hearing date advised

Hi Munchkin,

Given that you haven't agreed to a partial/reduced settlement, I'd be inclined to cut the cheque in half and staple it to a rejection letter.

You could, if you wish though, keep the claim at court and bank the cheque - obviously sending them a letter explaining that you're accepting it as a partial settlement only and that you'll continue with the court claim to recover the outstanding balance.

Best of luck! ;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.