Service Charges dispute - Suggestions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I really hope someone can help me. I just received a service charge bill for £6,000 for 'roof repairs'. My flat is on the ground floor and there is one other flat above me so the roof repair is essentially £12,000 which seems extremely excessive. My freeholder is the council and there are 7 properties in the block. However, my property has no communal areas. I also receive regular bills for communal areas for things such as lift repairs, entrance doors, lighting etc none of which affect me as I don't have any communal areas.

Does anyone know if I have any comeback? I requested the surveyors report stating the roof needed repairing but it was literally one shhet of paper which stated an inspection had been done at ground level, i.e. they never even got on the roof to look.

Any help would be really really appreciated.

Read your lease, you may well have to pay for comunal areas, even if youy dont use them (This is very common)

Read the points at the start of this thread. You can claim that the 12k is 'unreasonbly high', but you will need proof.

You must be given a s20 consultation notice before any work starts (if it is to cost each lessee more than 250 each), this should give u an opurtunity to put forward alternative quotes, etc. If this process wasnt followed the landlord can only recover 250 each from you..although it is possible for the landlord to get retrospective permission from a LVT if it was deemed emergency work.

I recommend leasehold advisory website and also landlordzone forum.

Andy

• dx100uk unpinned this topic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks