benefit overpayment - help anyone???

archer_66
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i need help with this please anyone?

ok ill try and keep it short!

about 5 and a half years ago my ex wanted to be a pain in the back side and tell the income support people i was working and earning upto 400 pound a week! (i wish!)

this caused a major problem for me during which i was investigated and i appealed against the decision of having to pay bavk the over payment .

i supplied ALL documents that they asked for. I provided proof of earnings from my part time job came to less than the amount allowed and that i did not work longer hours than was allowed.its complicated as i was/am self employed ...i work for a delivery company that pays per parcel delivered and collected but have to take out the petrol and car running costs etc.

i got an accountant to do me my accounts for the year as i working part time for some one else to off set the money i was losing working for the delivery company.i got a book out of the library b4 i started to see if this was ok and it was.the accountant was shocked by the accounts and asked me how i could afford to live!!! i submitted all documents to the appeals and the benefit people b4 it went to appeals.when i got there the lady behind the desk told me she didnt understand what the figures meant even the accounts! i tried to explain my figures -outgoings and incomings and the minus at the end of it.she wrote to me saying that i had to pay the money back

i wrote saying that i did not agree with the decision and heard nothing more.

but every year or so i get a letter asking to repay the money i send them a letter saying i didnt agree with the decision and it goes quiet

but last year i got a solicitors letter saying they wanted the money now or they were sending bailiffs in.i told them the same thing and i had to get in touch with the archive people to get it looked at again

they said theyd put it on hold til they got the archives up.i heard nothing ....but today another letter from their client wasnt prepared to wait any longer and want the money now.

what do i do?????????????????its been nearly 6 years

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

think there might be a pattern here!?:lol:

GE Money- won

barclaycard-- N1 put into court

capital one - won

NatWest- won

never lose sight of your goal!

I thin kyou should have probably ben claiming working tax credits rathe than income suport. Contact welfare rights for help.

You mention baliffs - have you ahd a CCJ agianst you - or a liablity order for council tax?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

no theres been no CCJ or liability order for the overpayment.on income support book it said you are allowed to earn so much money and work so many hours,well it used to then im not sure about now.i proved both were within the limits set by them

ill get the contact details of welfare rights ill google it and see what happens thanks

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

think there might be a pattern here!?:lol:

GE Money- won

barclaycard-- N1 put into court

capital one - won

NatWest- won

never lose sight of your goal!