CAG CRA S.A.R Club

sosumi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

experian even have a debt recovery service:

Experian's Debt Collection and Recovery suite brings together the company's data, analytics and software assets to provide organisations with an integrated, end-to-end debt management capability.

Experian uniquely combines sophisticated operational and risk management technologies, expert analytics and consulting with a billion bureau records to efficiently deliver unprecedented levels of customer insight and operational performance for debt collection.

Today, more than 90 per cent of the UK's leading banks, building societies and debt collections organisations, as well as many of the UK's largest utility and telecommunications companies, use one or more components from Experian's range of collections services.

Each of the elements within the Debt Collection and Recovery Suite can help an organisation to improve its collections efforts. By blending these capabilities, organisations can start to achieve even greater returns.

I thought they were a data controller that advised on creditworthness???

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not heard of any CRA winning a case it appears they disappear once challenged in court do they pay people off?????

they hide behind industry standard not law, should we all not be bringing cases in court against cra's

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!

experian even have a debt recovery service:

Experian's Debt Collection and Recovery suite brings together the company's data, analytics and software assets to provide organisations with an integrated, end-to-end debt management capability.

Experian uniquely combines sophisticated operational and risk management technologies, expert analytics and consulting with a billion bureau records to efficiently deliver unprecedented levels of customer insight and operational performance for debt collection.

Today, more than 90 per cent of the UK's leading banks, building societies and debt collections organisations, as well as many of the UK's largest utility and telecommunications companies, use one or more components from Experian's range of collections services.

Each of the elements within the Debt Collection and Recovery Suite can help an organisation to improve its collections efforts. By blending these capabilities, organisations can start to achieve even greater returns.

I thought they were a data controller that advised on creditworthness???

yes the company that runs the DCA branch always seem to sell the debts whenever they get a either cca or sar request...without looking is it wescot that belong to them....

patrickq1

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I know it's an old thread but I'm in the process of sending a SAR to the CRA's.

Maybe it'll answer a few questions that the CRA's don't seem to want to tell me.

Also because I'm paranoid and don't like the idea that every Tom, Dick & Harry can access or share info about me. I would like to see exactly what they have on me.

It'll go by recorded delivery tomorrow.

Have £20k+ in debt, seriously want to be debt free, currently in temporary accomodation and having business problems.

firstly try to sar experian and find out which companies have information on you , might be a better track then you can sar the cra's and find out why they hold information and if its incorrect you can then make sure they clear it etc ?

patrickq1

• 1 year later...
Has any one done any thing on this???

This should be taken to a court for a ruling on there actions

This is an old thread and you've just woken it up again IIM.:madgrin:

Strange thing is, I live a few doors from an MP-ex cabinet minister who kicked ar*se when the CRA's first began their evil businesses back in the 70's and he was telling me he nearly had them closed down before the ink was dry on their headed paper for the invasion of privicy.

I've never believed they had licence to do what they do, but as I am so involved in saving my own home just now from rogue finance companies I have never really followed much up with the CRA's albeit I have a spat going on right now with Equifax who dipped into an idle account I have which had 0.76p in it when I applied for my free credit report recently. I don't use that account much now, but they had kept the record of it on their system from a previous report request some time back.

I posted this elsewhere and got shot down for being petty and over reactive, but on 5th November that 0.76p went into 0.24p overdraft breaching my bank contract. Now as far as I was concerned the money had left my account as how else does one explain £1 going missing from it?

I asked Equifax if they were responsible and asked them to tell me who gave them permission to 'take' £1 from my account. They came back and said " don't worry Andrew, we only temporarily take it and put it back a few days later".

Under the wrath of cries I am over reacting by saying this was theft on here I argued a principle. Who gave them permission? Brigadier stated they all do this to check ones ID and that I would have been informed in their T & C's of the free offer, well I haven't found that yet, but in my pursuit of Equifax (despite my drumming down by others) I have now obtained a confession from Equifax that they DID NOT ask my permission to dip into my account, but I should not worry because the money did not leave my account - Oh No? Yes it did! Apparently it was not Equifax, but their merchant, so Equifax have issued a request to a third party company to dip into my account - to me that makes it even worse as they have passed on bank details to this company of mine.

The amounts are piddly, but what they did was to put my account into unauthorised overdraft and whilst I have not been charged £25 as they are entitled to, no doubt my bank are as complicit in these types of transactions as the CRA's are and just allow this to happen.

This is wrong, no matter what their motives for doing so and ar*se needs kicking. They get away with these things because people accept that as it happens every day is okay to do. The DCA's thought this too until we rebelled and showed them the way to do things at a considerable cost to their industry. Something I personally am quite proud to have been at the heart of changing.

I don't have the time to dedicate to this pursuit sadly, but someone needs to take up the challenge.

A1

I find the CRA response odd YOU gave them the card detalls, card number, expiry date, security code, the notional debit was reversed and caused you no problems.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hello andrew1. I agree with you. I monitior my current bank account daily, and it is not only CRA's who can "take" £1 or similar from an account without notice. Occassionally, when purchasing or enquiring with a debit card online, and "extra" £1 is taken as it shows as "funds not available" for a few days and then it reappears. In most instances there is not a t&c page readily accessible. JMTW.

I find the CRA response odd YOU gave them the card detalls, card number, expiry date, security code, the notional debit was reversed and caused you no problems.

I gave it a long long time ago and I do not agree with you brigadier, you make this sound like it's trivial since it was only £1. You miss the point. It put me in breach of my contract with my bank ie. It put me into unauthorised overdraft. That's the plain fact about it, the money did vanish from my account whatever any of you say.

To say it does me no harm ? - well, just take a look at the facts and don't get wrapped up in the amount. Did it or didn't it get taken from my account? Yes or No - the answer is Yes!

I give my card details to Sainsbury's but that doesn't give them carte blanche rights to dip into the account whenever they feel like it either.

When we see banks adding charges and interest and charges again for simply going a few pence into the red then I think this is a valid argument.

I see it happen all the time with Amazon and other online sites because they dont actually take the full amount until the item is shipped. It would actually be nice if they were to let you know this.

I must admit, I dont actually understand why Equifax would need card details for a "Free" credit report anyway and understand Andrew1's frustration at this happening. Presumably they ask for the card details in order to confirm who your identity and address.. but a bit out of order taking any amount to do this.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

They didn't ask for it CitizenB, they had this particular account and card detail from a long while back and just assumed that was the account I was still using when I recently requested my 'free' report.

I wouldn't have known about it had I not been the vigilant character I am with my bank accounts.

There was 0.76p sitting quite innocently keeping this account open, but it went into overdraft when they decided in their ultimate wisdom to temporarily take the £1. That then put the account into O/d of 24p-an unauthorised overdraft at that.

I do not accept that just because they all do it that that makes it right. It doesn't.

People seem to be wrapped up in the fact this is now normal practice so it's okay - no it's not. Sorry if that upsets people, but look what's happened and tell me that's right. If I dipped into your account, would you be happy as you are now? No, didn't think so!.

They didn't ask for it CitizenB, they had this particular account and card detail from a long while back and just assumed that was the account I was still using when I recently requested my 'free' report.

I wouldn't have known about it had I not been the vigilant character I am with my bank accounts.

There was 0.76p sitting quite innocently keeping this account open, but it went into overdraft when they decided in their ultimate wisdom to temporarily take the £1. That then put the account into O/d of 24p-an unauthorised overdraft at that.

I do not accept that just because they all do it that that makes it right. It doesn't.

People seem to be wrapped up in the fact this is now normal practice so it's okay - no it's not. Sorry if that upsets people, but look what's happened and tell me that's right. If I dipped into your account, would you be happy as you are now? No, didn't think so!.

Sorry, I misread that Andrew.. it actually makes it worse.. why were they actually storing your old credit card details ? Surely that is against the rules unless you specifically gave them permission to do this and presumably you never did.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It's a debit card, I fortunately don't have credit cards any longer, learned my lesson a while back.

Whether it's an old card or not is not the point though CB, it is a live Debit card. They just took the money, either themselves or their instruction to a merchant and I wasn't asked. I have not come across the t & c's Brigadier confidently believes accompanies my free application and I have no reason to doubt what he says other than Equifax have yet to provide them. I certainly didn't get advised when I made my application, that, I am totally confident about.

I know this seems like a storm in a tea cup,but it happened and I am not happy about letting it go without accountability and neither, I might add, should anyone else.

I didn't mean to waste anyone's time on this, there are far more important things to help people with than my quid and a principle. It just addles me.

I've noticed this happen several times on my Barcs account, which is not used too much these days. There's been days where I just cannot reconcile a quid or so but 3/4 days later, it's back again. Has me pulling my hair out sometimes. I accept that some might say a quid is a trivial amount but it's the principal

It seems odd that this has happened several times, have you given your card details out?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: