Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Closed Thread
    Basic Account Holder GlasweJen Informative GlasweJen Informative GlasweJen's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : May 2007

Default Useful contacts **Correct as at Feb 2014**

I'm starting a thread of useful contacts to have when having a dispute at work, please add any organisations/webpages which offer impartial advice on employment law.

Acas (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service)
    Acas - Home
    08457 474 747

Citizens Advice Bureau (England and Wales)
    Citizens Advice corporate website - Home

Citizens Advice Scotland

The website of the Citizens Advice Bureau Service in Scotland

Similar Threads:
    Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder GlasweJen Informative GlasweJen Informative GlasweJen's Avatar

Cagger since : May 2007

Default Re: Useful contacts

The Disability Rights Commission
    Home - The DRC
    (links to Welsh and Scottish advice are at the bottom of the home page)

DirectGov
    Employees : Directgov - Employment
    general information on employment

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Weird Al Yankovic Informative Weird Al Yankovic Informative Weird Al Yankovic Informative Weird Al Yankovic's Avatar

Cagger since : Aug 2007

Try the Employment Tribunals own website too.

Under 'Procedures' there is a list of the jurisdiction they can rule on which is a good pointer to see if you feel you have a claim. Very handy.

Also, I always refer people to their home insuranceicon policies as employment disputes are usually covered too. Could also be included with car insuranceicon policies, the AA membership etc.

All too often overlooked, or not even realised, and it may have been paid for already which makes professional help free in a way.

And, usually, you can phone straight away and get some answers from a lawyer.

Basic Account Holder tezza123 Novitiate

thank you for the information.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Joa Informative Joa Informative Joa Informative Joa Informative Joa Informative Joa's Avatar

Cagger since : Mar 2006

Also:
    Community Legal Service Direct
    0845 345 4 345
    Free, confidentialicon and independent legal advice
    Legal Aid Calculator

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder paulgmb Novitiate

Hi Jen,

my Trade Unions website is packed with useful info; Home

Regards,

Paul

and of couse the tuc website; Trades Union Congress - TUC - Britain at work which is packed with useful info and has links to lots of other useful sites.

The low pay commission WELCOME TO THE LOW PAY COMMISSION

Basic Account Holder mortlake Novitiate

Cagger since : Apr 2007

Smile Re: Useful contacts

Employees.org.ukTo find out how to make your case in the three months allowed...

For narrowing down a case with an online case assessment tool For checking that you have got it about right by phone For looking up the basic position in law, and even the detail For finding a solicitor close to home (if only to settle)If you want more legal help than you can afford and legal aid / no-win no-fee won't help
    If you are lucky enough that the other side want to settle, please ask them to sack the bully rather than settle for money alone. If you are getting a lawyer to settle for you, please try to get them to understand this before you take them on.

This is all on the first page of Employees.org.uk. The rest of the site is more rambling and describes how trades unions may just be claims handling agencies dressed-up as something more.

John

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder TheCoolerKing Novitiate

Cagger since : Jul 2008

Not sure if its been mentioned before, but a really good book about preparation for an Employment Tribunal is
    "Employment Tribunal Claims: Tactics and Precedents" by Naomi Cunningham and Michael Reed.
    If you look it up on the internet Chapter1 can be read free, plus there is a very helpful on-going blog.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    elche Highly informative elche Highly informative elche Highly informative elche Highly informative elche Highly informative elche Highly informative elche Highly informative elche's Avatar

Cagger since : Jun 2008

Excellent website from the TUC

home - from workSMART.org.uk

......................... ......................... ....................
    Please post on a thread before sending a PM. My opinion's are not expressed as agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. Always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star.

I am sorry that work means I don't get into the Employment Forum as often as I would like these days, but nonetheless I'll try to pop in when I can.

'Venceremos'
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    elche Highly informative elche Highly informative elche Highly informative elche Highly informative elche Highly informative elche Highly informative elche Highly informative elche's Avatar

Cagger since : Jun 2008

New ACAS booklet on workplace respresentation

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=760

Che

......................... ......................... ....................
    Please post on a thread before sending a PM. My opinion's are not expressed as agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. Always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star.

I am sorry that work means I don't get into the Employment Forum as often as I would like these days, but nonetheless I'll try to pop in when I can.

'Venceremos'
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Blueboy666 Novitiate

Cagger since : Jan 2012

Please also find Unite The Union, they have experts in Equality and were part of the main framework in getting it passed through parliment and onto the statute books.

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details