Useful contacts **Correct as at Feb 2014**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm starting a thread of useful contacts to have when having a dispute at work, please add any organisations/webpages which offer impartial advice on employment law.

Acas (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service)

Acas - Home

08457 474 747

Citizens Advice Bureau (England and Wales)

Citizens Advice corporate website - Home

Citizens Advice Scotland

The website of the Citizens Advice Bureau Service in Scotland

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

The Disability Rights Commission

Home - The DRC

(links to Welsh and Scottish advice are at the bottom of the home page)

DirectGov

Employees : Directgov - Employment

general information on employment

Edited by stu007
Removing National Min Wage Help info as no longer valid

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

Try the Employment Tribunals own website too.

Under 'Procedures' there is a list of the jurisdiction they can rule on which is a good pointer to see if you feel you have a claim. Very handy.

Also, I always refer people to their home insurance policies as employment disputes are usually covered too. Could also be included with car insurance policies, the AA membership etc.

All too often overlooked, or not even realised, and it may have been paid for already which makes professional help free in a way.

And, usually, you can phone straight away and get some answers from a lawyer.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 5 months later...

Not sure if its been mentioned before, but a really good book about preparation for an Employment Tribunal is

"Employment Tribunal Claims: Tactics and Precedents" by Naomi Cunningham and Michael Reed.

If you look it up on the internet Chapter1 can be read free, plus there is a very helpful on-going blog.

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent website from the TUC

home - from workSMART.org.uk

:)

...................................................................... [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please post on a thread before sending a PM. My opinion's are not expressed as agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. Always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] I am sorry that work means I don't get into the Employment Forum as often as I would like these days, but nonetheless I'll try to pop in when I can.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]'Venceremos' :wink:[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]

• 2 years later...

New ACAS booklet on workplace respresentation

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=760

Che

Edited by stu007
Removing invalid link

...................................................................... [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please post on a thread before sending a PM. My opinion's are not expressed as agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. Always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] I am sorry that work means I don't get into the Employment Forum as often as I would like these days, but nonetheless I'll try to pop in when I can.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]'Venceremos' :wink:[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]

• 9 months later...
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks