re charges on benefits

doogle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter has a young child and relies solely at the moment on income support and other benefits. I have been told that under the Social Security Act 1992 that the banks are not allowed to take charges from benefits as they are meant for a person to live on. She is experiencing extreme hardship at the moment due to these charges would it be worth while looking for a solicitor to act on her behalf? Would be grateful if anybody has some sound advice on this issue.

• NatWest - Settled in full 8 weeks after LBA (without interest)
  • Capital One - LBA 27th July - Offered & paid £28 - Rejected - settled
  • Monument - LBA 18th July - Offer 19th July - Refused - settled

• WFS - 8 Point Complaint - awaiting response - Failed CCA Request - awaiting response - Awaiting S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) info

***WFS Written Off £8k 01/08/07***

Monument sent my info even tho i forgot to send payment!!! Thanx Monumnet

she has to be really firm with the bank, perhaps you could go with her, she might also consider opening a parachute account and having her benefits paid into their and then commence proceedings against her current bank for unlawful charges, If you let us know which bank, we can move this thread to the relevant bank section

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Many thanks for the advice Chancer1 and Lula. I have sought legal advice as well and the solicitor is writing to the bank on her behalf. The bank in question is Lloydstsb. I will update when I hear some more news