Help!! Having a blonde moment!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just added up all my charges with RBS going back to 2001 when i opened the account, and it comes to a total of 9,985.00! Am i doing it wrong? can i ask for all applied charges for d/d and bounced cheques and the related admin charges for them?I want to send them a first letter with this amount but am confused. Can anyone offer any advice (or reassurance)?

Hi there and welcome to the forum. Can I suggest you take a couple of days to read all the Frequently Asked Questions and to have a look round the Scottish section. There is a lot of really good information in there.

Obviously it is impossible to say if you have totalled your charges etc. up correctly but as mine came in at about £8.5k then your figure is quite possible. You can claim any charges for bounced direct debits/standing orders and bounced cheques and any related charges too.

Good luck

Woolfie

• Confused 1

Advice & opinions given by Woolfie are my own, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

My brother had trouble with his calculations. He was including cheques etc that had been bounced, along with the charges for bouncing them. Make sure you don't include the items themselves, just the bank charges relating to those items.

Also include charges applied for being overdrawn etc. Do not include charges that were agreed to, such as a monthly account fee that carries privilages.

The interest element that you can claim is a little more complicated. Get the list of charges correct first. If you can use Excel, download my spreadsheet from the library. You can enter your charges in here as a complete list, and the total should be correct. You can then move onto the matter of interest afterwards in the same spreadsheet.

Let me know how you go.

Vamp.:)

[