Welcome Finance

Jase1982
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I had a loan through Welcome Finance, about 2 years ago. Looking back through the old documents, it seems that I paid over £300 in PPI.

My questions would be, can I claim that back? How succesful is any claim likely to be? and how do I go about claiming it back, (if I can)? Do I send them a SAR?

I definitely do not remember being told about any PPI. Obviuosly, 2 years ago I was not wise to financial matters and feel completely ripped off!

+ the APR was 45%!!

Nope. I was struggling financially an dwent to them in order to get a loan so that I could consolidate. I did however not realise about the PPI that had been added, and was taken aback somewhat by the APR.

Looking back, the guy looked extremely uncomfortable and shifty when I questioned the APR and he then left me in the room on my own to go over the 'Contract'

I was young, naieve.....

welcome are a nasty company with very dodgy people working for them. i have questioned my other halfs ppi amd medicare they added on to his loan as he was self employed when he took out the loan.

i wrote to them at there head office several letters later they agreed to cancel the ppi but not refund what he had already paid. they have not sent him a policy for the ppi or medicare so he is unable to see if he was even covered being self employed.

i would write to them and dont give up as they give you the brush off usually.