Yorkshire Visa now Marlin Chasing - **Ack'd AS SB'd - CLOSED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3259 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

Well after turning the house upside down( I do have nice clean cupboards tho)I cannot find the letters to Marlin, so I have no idea what I sent to Marlin and exactly how I worded them. I do know I said the account was in dispute.

I am so mad with myself because I printed copies off until then.

Do I not go the statute barred route now ??

I know they are going to start because I keep getting phone calls, which I do not answer.

Thanks Guys

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all

Well after turning the house upside down( I do have nice clean cupboards tho)I cannot find the letters to Marlin, so I have no idea what I sent to Marlin and exactly how I worded them. I do know I said the account was in dispute.

I am so mad with myself because I printed copies off until then.

Do I not go the statute barred route now ??

That is a great pity.

There is no harm in sending a statute barred letter along the lines of:

To The Compliance Manager

Marlin FG

Date

Ref: Use theirs:

Sir /Madam,

I refer to the alleged deb for £xxxx.xx as referenced above, please note I do Not acknowledge any liability to Marlin.

Having reviewed my credit history I have concluded that any such alleged debt is statute barred, there for I will not make any payment or offer of payment now or in the future.

Marlin will now confirm that this matter is closed.

Used signed for post check delivery date:

I know they are going to start because I keep getting phone calls, which I do not answe

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks Brigadier.

If it goes to court because they don't agree, what happens if they produce the letters that I sent and theres something on them I shouldn't have said. Don't want a CCJ after all this time. I was fighting on the "application form and the t&c's" and the way YB tried altering the application form( by cutting off the heading "application form" so it looked like a credit agreement).

My husband agrees with you because we want it out of the way now.

Thanks Brigadier.

If it goes to court because they don't agree, what happens if they produce the letters that I sent and theres something on them I shouldn't have said. Don't want a CCJ after all this time. I was fighting on the "application form and the t&c's" and the way YB tried altering the application form( by cutting off the heading "application form" so it looked like a credit agreement).

My husband agrees with you because we want it out of the way now.

Hi alamand, it is a case of prodding the sleeping dog, if they have anything to dispute the SB claim let's get it out in the open, it can then be challenged. Mysterious payments of £1 or £10 that just happen to be the fees for CCA requests or SARs are the most likely things to crop up.

The app form trick is quite common but I have not seen one modified in this way for a long time.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I have checked the balance and it is still the same so that should be fine,

I will wait for their next letter then, as I didn't respond to their last one.

1 more question, I send what you have put and not the SB one??

I have checked the balance and it is still the same so that should be fine,

I will wait for their next letter then, as I didn't respond to their last one.

1 more question, I send what you have put and not the SB one??

It is your choice as to which you send I am no lover of template letters for this particular subject.

I go by results.

Brig.

Hi Brig,

Well letter received asking for income/expenditure and phone message left from Marlin.

I have written your version and it will be in the post tomorrow. Signed for of course.

I have checked experian and noddle and no default or anything from Marlin or YB, in fact YB did not put anything at all on all 3 credit reference agency's even at the beginning, which I find strange.

IMHO it will be SB'd

the FOS decision makes no odds.

they are just trying it on.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Brig,

Well letter received asking for income/expenditure and phone message left from Marlin.

I have written your version and it will be in the post tomorrow. Signed for of course.

I have checked experian and noddle and no default or anything from Marlin or YB, in fact YB did not put anything at all on all 3 credit reference agency's even at the beginning, which I find strange.

Good morning Alamand.

I agree with dx, Marlin have been chasing a raft of SB and unenforceable debts some have been seen on here but I think it's the tip of the iceberg.

• 8 months later...

Hi every one

I received a reply stating that the acc is indeed statute barred n the matter is now closed.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Sorry I'm late with reply but when I have been logging on the site on my comp, this thread is not showing up. I have logged in through my phone, 1st time ever, and it's now here. Very very strange.

Once again thanks to everyone.

Alamand