• Tweets

• I see the poops are still trying to deflect from their own criminality and and abuses by whinging on about raynors buying her council house - now about election registration - anyone who owns a flat or house understands that you dont give up your and your childrens home just because of a new relationship and while we are on about that ..   lets start with When is jenrick being revisited for both lockdown abuses and self admitted (claims estate is his main home - not the property in his electorate or his london property) - and electoral registration abuses as he claimed he was at his estate 'main home' away from both London and his electoral 'home'  - much of which paid for by the taxpayer   Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick 'breaks lockdown rules twice' by going to 'second home' - Mirror Online WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK Key Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick drove 150 miles to his 'second home' after urging the nation to remain in their homes in a bid to...   ... perhaps follow with more self admitted lobbying while in a potion where they shouldn't “A few of us in parliament have lobbied the government – and with the help of the Treasury select committee, the chancellor has listened,” John Baron wrote.   Tory MP faces lobbying questions over Treasury committee role | Investing | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Co-owner of investment management firm called for ‘urgent’ post-Brexit changes to City rules at committee meetings     About time labour got in the game and started pressing for these self admitted/bragged Tory abuses were properly investigates.
    • No I didn't I got the dates mixed up.   
    • Sorry about that, TJ. The person who posted it specifically said it was free access. Here's another version of the FT article. https://archive.is/KYrPa
    • Isnt there some indication in there of at least intent to inform arbuthnot? IF he wasn't then it would seem to be Vennells decision to keep him 'uninformed .. Although seems to me if arbuthnot was unaware - he was either incompetent or should have very detailed records of denials. Seems vennells is constantly at the core of all the lying about all these issues though.
    • Paywalled/subscribe HB I'm unaware of the details on this HB but why is it a potential taxpayer burden? Hasn't a judge already ruled port has rights of access - so shouldn't costs be on the private company (South Tees Development Corporation) trying to change established access?     LIVE: High Court updates as CEO gives evidence in access rights row between STDC and PD Ports - Teesside Live WWW.GAZETTELIVE.CO.UK The face-off between the Teesport operator and Mayor Ben Houchen's South Tees Development Corporation continues in the High Court  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Lena vs NatWest - **WON**

Lena
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Just wanted to clarify that I am doing this right! And also any advice along the way by all of you would really help.

Am just going to post my case to date and hopefully we can share if information with regards to standard responses!

I asked for SAR on Friday 2nd June and had a standard response asking me to send a fee of £5 for statements or £5 for a full SAR, Incidentally I have all my statemens so I calculated the amount myself. :)

Sent the Preliminary Letter last Friday 9th June and received a standard response again dismissing my claim from the elusive Stuart Higley.:-|

Am now going to send a LBA and see what happens from there? Does this sound about right?

Just want to make sure i am not going toend up incurring all the court costs in case it does get that far!!

Incidentally my claim is only for £692, but that is a lot of money to me. I hope this does not make a lot of difference to the process.

Anyway will keep you posted, i will send the LBA tomorrow.

Thanks

Lena

Yes, that's fine, LBA.

You will not end up paying their costs. Even if it ended up in court (and the words snowball and hell spring to mind here), it would be small claims court, where costs are not awarded unless you suit was frivolous, which it isn't. That's why we have a letter by letter procedure so that you can show a judge you tried to stay out of court.

I did kind of think that I was doing it right but just needed someone to say, 'yes'!

Roll on tomorrow I am prepared full steam ahead!

Thanks

Lena :D

sounds like you are doing great lena

welcome to the site! as you have all your statements you don't need the SAR so forget that. pat yourself on the back for being so organised:)

sounds like you are doing very well but do read up all about letters before action, it seems to help if u can personalise it yourself. there are loads of suggestions if you do a LBA 'search'.

Be sure to give them the correct notice period (check templates) and wait for their response.

it may then go to online claim, but the costs will be relatively low considering your claim is under £1500. r u entitled to a discount? anyhow you'll get it back when they settle!

let us know how you get on

good luck with the LBA

kate:)

Update

I have managed to get anther set of contat details for a Michael Duncan colleague of Sir Fred Goodwin CEO of Natwest and RBS- his mail details are as follows; [email protected]

I sent my LBA yesterday and am waiting for a response, I send verything by email and post so i know that they have received my email letters as it has been read- I asked for a read receipt and delivery report!! :D

Now just a waiting game! Will keep you all posted.

Hi Kate

Just found out that I will have to pay £30 to start the court proceedings on moneyclaim online. And yes you are right I do get this back.

I soke with an very sympathetic and interesting advisor yesterday and she agreed with everything that I said, surely not good for company image- even the Natwest staff have no confidence in the way that charges are applied!!!

Anyway willlet you know of the results of mt LBA!! Here's hoping and fingers crossedxxxxxxxxx

Right got an update for you.

I made a call yesterday to just check that Stuart Higley received my letters and I actually managed to speak with him! So he is real!

This morning I have receved a response from him against my letter before action and he is standing his ground saying that they will not refund any charges.

Do I now register my claim and give them 14 days? Do I send a letter before to advise that I am starting legal proceedings?

From my understanding by reading the FAQ's I think that I should now simply register the claim on money claims online? Just want to clarify that I am doing this right!

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks

Lena

Hi Lena

From your LBA you gave them 14 days to respond. You've been lucky cos they have responded quickly to tell you to f off! Therefore you are free to start Moneyclaim, you entered into reasonable written correspondence, got no result, so sue them for the return of your money.

best of luck

kate

Thanks Kate

I am going to register the claim on money claims online today. I can't beleive that they are doing this, my claim is only for £700 what's the point? If they think that I am going to give up or give in they have another thing coming.

I am a typical Leo, very stubborn and very determined so they better just hold onto their hats because i am annoyed now!!! :mad:

Grrrrrrrr....

Rant over :) , here goes with the court claim....

"I am going to register the claim on money claims online today. I can't beleive that they are doing this, my claim is only for £700 what's the point? If they think that I am going to give up or give in they have another thing coming."

EXACTLY! Thats what they are hoping. Thank the Lord for The Small Claims Court. so mere mortals like us can fight for the return of our money however large or small an amount without being deterred by legal costs.

They will settle soon, let us know if they acknowledge, ignore or defend.

Ahhhhh HELP

Should I have waited the 14 days before I filed a claim? I have doen this already as I have had a response telling me to sod off with the LBA?

Am i in trouble now?

Help please? :(

you're not in any trouble hun :) I think it's just down to personal choice whether to file after the sod off or after the 14 days, some do it one way some do it the other way.

Keep your chin up hun, you're getting there step by step, just keep thinking of that little financial bonus light at the end of the bank's rsole/tunnel

Bandit

08-05-06 - Data Protection Act sent to NW

08-05-06 - MP letter sent to Oliver Letwin (Cons, Dorset West)

25-05-06 - Statements and Data Protection Act received (14 days)

07-06-06 - Prelim letter sent to S.Higley claiming £1226.03

09-06-06 - LBA sent, due to negative response

29-06-06 - Claim served (Acknowledged 30-06-06)

27-07-06 - NW's Deadline - received 27-07-06

24-08-06 - AQ received and returned - Deadline 08-09-06 - Both returned

20-09-06 - 1st Offer - £850.00 with confidentiality REJECTED

05-10-06 - 2nd Offer - £1456.80 with confidentiality ACCEPTED

Oh thanaks for that Guys. I was worried for a minute there!

I decided to cver my back and email again to both Stuart Higley and Michael Duncan just to let them know that since they have failed to oblige to the LBA a claim has now been filed. Overriding the 14 days as they have responded negatively.

Just a waiting game now i take it? ;-)

Just checked the status of my claim and it shows that ut has been accepted by the courts and was issued on 19th June 2006. That gives them until July 6th 2006 to file a defence.

When I emailed Michael Duncan I expressed that i would be sending in an additional full SAR request as per the DP Act- and asked if he could clearly identify where the charges were as said by Stuart Higley to be justifibale and if they had ever required manual intervention.

I think that they have realised that they will not win as I had an email response from Michael saying that he has now reuqested for the Senior Executives at the Customer Relations department to look into my case.

They might settle out of court who knows?? Lets hope they do!!! If not i am prepared to go all the way!:D

Hi Guys

Just checked Money Claim online and they have acknowledged the claim? Tried looking at the FAQ's and explanations on the money claim website but it was not very clear what this means?

It just says that they have 28 days to respond, I take it that is with a defence?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!:confused:

Hi Lena

Don't panic! It's quite normal that they have acknowledged the claim, it's just another delaying tactic. They have 14 days from being served with the claim to acknowledge, admit or defend. If they don't acknowledge within 14 days you win by default. If they do acknowledge within 14 days of service that gives them a further 14 days to file a defence. You will be sent an allocation questionnaire by the court when they file a defence and the 28 days are up. This form enables the court to 'allocate' the case to the right 'track'; in this case Small Claims. Of course they may not bother to file a defence and you would win by default.

They will still settle without setting foot in a courtroom, some people have received solicitors letters 3 days before court, basically saying 'See ya in court!' Then have received the cheque in the post next day, this happened to Mountain Of Debt. Good thread to read now your at this stage.

Good luck

Kate

• 3 weeks later...

Fab news everyone, they paid in full including court charges. I knew deep down they would. After all they can'f prove the claim ' the charges are disproportionate, and therefore not fair'

Had a lovely letter saying they accept no liability and I am not allowed to discuss this with anyone or make it publically aware that they have paid?!!:p

Jus wanted to say many thanks to all the poeple that have taken time to set this site up and everyone who has responded to any of my outbursts or questions!!

I get married 2 weeks today and this will certainly be such a help!

I will make a donation, might need a few pointers on how and where to go and do it??! :oops:

Go get them everyone!!! They will PAY!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Hun that is such fantastic news. I'm so chuffed for you cos you really had some emotional times during this. So glad to have helped, you'll have to do the same for me now. LBA went off last tue. fingers crossed.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding also, I'm getting married next June and I know my money will be a help. U must feel brill.

Kate x

Congratulations!!

That is great news.

Please complete our bank charges survey.

And a donation would be greatly appreciated :)

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks Guys,

Kate I will help you as much as possible, I found that dropping them a quick call t the customer relations department, just clarifying information given seemed to have the desired effect. Everytime I receive correspondance from them telling me to s*d off!

Try it might work for you aswell. I now know that they cannot argue these charges and will pay, they are just trying to push their customers as far as they will go! Any more help I will be happy to give advice on my claim, but I think you probably know more than me anyway!!!

Also can anyone help me figure out how to Donate money?

Also can anyone help me figure out how to Donate money?

There is a grey button near the top of the page which can be used for donations.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.