offer of £40. But don't tell anyone!!

Pere Ubu
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Firstly they apologise for the delay in responding. Then they go on the say...

I am sorry you feel the charges you have incurred are unfair and represent a penalty. From our records, we believe you have incurred charges amounting to £80.

In your correspondence you have outlined case law which you say supports your view. Needless to say, Barclaycard is aware of all the information you have drawn to our attention. Imust inform you however, that we disagree with your legal analysis.

On this occasion and as agesture of goodwill, I confirm I am willing refund to your account of £40. The refund will appear on your Barclaycard Visa account statement dated 10 March. This offer is made wihtout any admission of liability and is on condition that it is confiential between us.

Please note that the Data Protection team will provide the last 6 statements only. Copy statements from prior to the last 6 months can be provided at a cost of £3 per statment.

Obvioulsy I will be claiming the the full amount and as for confidentiality I have never agreed tot it. I will be writing to them requesting information regarding charges to my account as I believe this avoids the cost per statement.

How comes they dont know the legally they can only charge £10 Maximum?? :roll:

Natasha

Abbey-received DPA letter on 13/03, received some breakdown till 2004 waiting for the more recent ones(where most charges occurred)

sent reminder email on 17/4/06

called abbey on 19/04/06 to remind them:rolleyes:

sent another email on 26/04/06:mad:

Approx charges £2500

received £500 refund in dec 06

sent LBA

Capital one- sent DPA letter 17/03

Sent prim letter for charges of £260 14/04

Received a refund £109 awaiting further refund of £151

Settled IN FULL

Barclay card- Sent DPA letter 17/03 sent reminder 14/04

received info claiming £120

settled in FULL

I'm not sure about this point. I read somewhere that if you ask for info about charges then £10 fee but if ask for statements then what you are asking for in effect are copy statements which may be a service therefore more than £10. Not sure but to avoid any delay etc I would just ask for charges applied to the account.

Redefine your DPA to one requesting a list of charges made against the account and for records of manual intervention when making them

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

I wrote to Paul Farell of Barclays asking what their legal anaylsis of the law in my letter was, that i would be interested to read it. His answer was that their legal analysis was the conditions relating to the use of the account including details of the charges.

I also asked in my letter what Barclays was prepared to pay for the confidentiality they wanted. He didn't answer this but has increased the offer by another £40!! Without any admission of liability etc. But this time there has been no request for confidentiality.

Believe me. confidentiality is worth far more to the bank than £40

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all...

I asked Barclaycard for copy statements, simply to fill gaps in my records, from Oct 2003 to March 2004 and for Aug 2004. I asked if it would cost £21 (for 7 statements) or £10 as per DPA. The reply wasn't clear but I was told that statements going back to May 2004 would be £10, but before May 2004 would cost £3 each.

I've asked for clarification and why the cut-off date has been applied...

You don't get diamonds as big as bricks...

Quite right.

You are entitled to a full DPA dislcosure for £10

get the clock ticking if you haven't already. send the request and the £10. That will put them under some pressure.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks