First Group buses

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone actually had any success following a complaint about Worst Group? Or even GMPTE?

I have had to complain about a couple of incidents. Past complaints usually result in a letter promising that it won't happen again, or that the driver will be spoken to (when anyone else with common sense would give the driver a P45).

I know I am probably being a bit overly optimistic that Worst Group might actually take a complaint seriously, but my blood is boiling - really!

Hi Gyzmo,

Unfortunately, PCV drivers are in short supply and the last thing that a bus operator wants to do is sack a "qualified" driver. The only time that this would happen is if the driver costs the company money i.e. lots of accidents/claims relating to that driver. First Group are effectively "self-insured" therefore accidents/claims cost them money. I doubt that they would be unduly worried if a driver was just unhelpful or rude.

It's the world we live in I'm afraid.

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

I know. what bugs me is that Graham Stringer (my MP and a member of the Transport Committe) is always harping on about how terrible bus services are in teh area. And what does he do about it? Besides a few press articles to make himself look good, absolutely sweet FA.

Just btw (to get it off my chest) my complaints are a driver who started the bus moving when I was about to get off (with a walking stick at the time), and had the cheeck to tell me that I shouldn't have been on my mobile (even if I was (I wasn't), what's that got to do with the price of fish?), and another driver who deilberately failed to stop (he was smiling and sticking two fingers up at those waiting). One person stood out on the road and the driver just swerved onto the opposite side of the road to avoid stopping at the stop.

There a lot of elderly and infirm people where I live who relyon these bus services, but honest to god the service are total s**t.

there - rant over!

I've just written a letter of complaint over something similar to First Bus. I can totally understand your point of view.

Not fun being treated badly when all you want to do is get from A - B.

I saw a bus driver a while back do the same thing, pull off with someone half on the bus.

I've just written a letter of complaint over something similar to First Bus. I can totally understand your point of view.

Not fun being treated badly when all you want to do is get from A - B.

I saw a bus driver a while back do the same thing, pull off with someone half on the bus.

I know that its easy to say in hindsight, but were there any witnesses to any of these events.

If the bus company are not prepared to instigate any formall disciplinary procedings against the drivers involved then it may be time to considerer talking to the police for the consideration of dangerous driving.

" There was an incident a while ago which involved an elderly person who was seriously injured, while alighting a bus, when the driver pulled away from the stop where the person involved had just got on the bus, and the driver pulled away, without giving the passenger involved time to sit down, as I belive this case is subject to the crown prosecution for consideration for dangerous driving......

it may be worthwhile pointing this out to the bus company involved and observing their change of policy.

Also if the company did investigate your complaint and ended up taking some form of action against the driver, be it dismissal or something else, then they probably wouldn't inform you that such action had been taken due to DPA restrictions.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Right ok don't bite my head off but I am or rather wasa bus driver - I now drive coaches!!

I have to agree there is a lot of arrogant and nasty drivers out there and trust me they do get dealt with. All bus companies have disciplinary proceedures and the driversa invloved will have been pulled into an office with a manager and a trade union guy to answer to your complaint.

The driver will not have been shown your letter - that is private but he/she will have been told what the complaint involved and given the chance to explain it.

If found guilty - and there is no getting out of your complaint - there is no legal reason to fail to stop unless the either the stop does not have the service number on it, the service does not use that stop or more importantly any intending passengers fail to put their arm out to "hail" the bus. Legally if passengers at a stop do not hail the bus, the driver does not have to stop - unless the stop is a compulsary one ie a timing point.

However some drivers do this just for fun - and they are a disgrace to our industry and give all us good drivers a bad name.

If he was found guilty to get back on topic, he will if it was his first offence have been given either a verbal warnign to stay of file for 6 months or a written warning for 12 months. Managers do take passenger complaints seriously, even if you as part of the general public feel that they do not.

It is correct yes that the industry is suffering from a lack of drivers - mainly down to poor pay and working conditions - but that would not stop a driver from being disciplined.

The letter you received will be a standard template letter in most parts kind of like the ones we use here on CAG with some personal details added, but that does not mean your complaint wash "brushed under" the carpet!!!

Remember though not all of us are like that - but the vast majority of the time a lot of complaints are indeed unfounded and in a lot of those cases some are even blatant lies that can be proved by viewing onboard cctv. It is highly possible the drivers involved have been targeted by something like this in the past and it has soured their perception of the public and that is just the sort of person we do not need in our industry.

:eek:ABBEY

Data Protection Act request complied with within 40 Days and no £10 charge..

31/01/07 Prelim Letter sent with schedule of charges.

19/02/07 LBA Sent with schedule of charges

08/03/07 MCOL started

09/03/07 £160 GOGW payment into account

23/07/07 Court Date set for 10/10/07

02/08/07 CPR Part 18 Request Submitted

10/08/07 Stay requested by Abbey :mad:

20/08/07 Claim Stayed by District Judge :mad:

:eek:HSBC

02/02/07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Letter sent

22/02/07 Statements received and again no £10 charge...."happy to provide at their cost"

26/02/07 Prelim Letter to be sent with schedule of charges.

12/03/07 LBA sent with schedule of charges

oh and just to add another thing any company cannot just sack a driver cos they did that to you - that would be unfair dismissal - they have an obligation to correct his mistakes by sending him on appropriate training.

All big companies have courses such as Defensive Driving, Customer Care and Disabilty awareness - he would be sent on one of those first - which I also might add is now a legal requirement with all current licence holders having to do these course EVERY 3 years and have at least 30 hours training every 5 years, and all new drivers within a yea of gaining their PCV licence now also have to pass a Drivers Certificate of Professional Competence which will cover all these areas and also legal issues.

Only after he has received the appropriate training and he continues to behave in this manner and he has had the legal 3 point disciplinary proceedure - ie verbal warning, written, then final written can he then have his contract of employment terminated.

What he did unfortunately does not ammount to gross incompetence or negligence unless he has already had the training (or been disciplined for doing this before) and he is aware of his legal AND moral responsiblites.

Sorry but that is the law, and nothing can change that.

08/03/07 MCOL started

22/02/07 Statements received and again no £10 charge...."happy to provide at their cost"

Also if the company did investigate your complaint and ended up taking some form of action against the driver, be it dismissal or something else, then they probably wouldn't inform you that such action had been taken due to Data Protection Act restrictions.

You are absolutely correct there. They very well may have sacked him but they will not ever divuldge that information to the public as it seriously undermines his/her ability to gain employment elsewhere.

08/03/07 MCOL started

• 2 years later...

Well due to exactly the problem of not having any real means of complaining, a solution to the problem has been found. Have a read of the link below.

First Bus Complaints

1 - Contact us and give us the driver number on our website, we will submit the complaint under our driver watch scheme, where there is an easily searchable database where you can check by driver number other sins. First Bus will be able to do this too.

2 - Leave comments about subjects that are annoying you most about First Bus.

3 - Read the latest news on what has been going on with First Bus.

We also do campaigns about issues that are on the minds of first bus customers, so you can submit ideas to us too.

In order to make a change, we need to get together in big numbers. I have done this sort of thing before in different industries and it has worked. So please bookmark the link and keep coming back, and if you have something to say, say it, leave a comment.

Also we have a facebook group

Due to the popular use of Google, you can bet their are drivers and even executives reading. And if we make a big enough noise, changes will have to come.

• 1 month later...
Well due to exactly the problem of not having any real means of complaining, a solution to the problem has been found. Have a read of the link below.

First Bus Complaints

1 - Contact us and give us the driver number on our website, we will submit the complaint under our driver watch scheme, where there is an easily searchable database where you can check by driver number other sins. First Bus will be able to do this too.

2 - Leave comments about subjects that are annoying you most about First Bus.

3 - Read the latest news on what has been going on with First Bus.

We also do campaigns about issues that are on the minds of first bus customers, so you can submit ideas to us too.

In order to make a change, we need to get together in big numbers. I have done this sort of thing before in different industries and it has worked. So please bookmark the link and keep coming back, and if you have something to say, say it, leave a comment.

Also we have a facebook group

Due to the popular use of Google, you can bet their are drivers and even executives reading. And if we make a big enough noise, changes will have to come.

So you're with F**ked group? Don't get caught reading the Bloodbus in the canteen lol

First in Glasgow have been after this guy after a blog he did and they still haven't caught him (he stayed anonymous). Still it gave us all a laugh.

Guest Old_andrew2018

I found First customer services very helpful in refunding ticket charges and postage when I complained about drivers being unwilling to accept Multibus tickets.

It took a few months for any instruction to filter down, before someones asks the drivers weren't foreign.

First are now having completion on the route I use from a national company whose fares are cheaper.

Don't you mean competition?

Down here (Brighton, that is) we have a particular ticket called an Explorer which is a council thing, which means you can use any bus from any company in the whole of Sussex for £7. That must be the equivalent of that Multibus ticket you mentioned.

• 1 year later...

I hate the buses they are horrible there was snow on the pavement last week cleared up now but ice on the pavement the buses refuse to come down our road but my daughter has a broken leg and has to walk now 40 mins a day the council won't even provide her with a taxi

Also a bus started driving when I was on and slammed me into a window then for saying to the busdriver why the he'll did you do that I was kicked off the bus like a criminal it's ridiculous how much thought they put to not picking up passagers but so little thought into their job

• 4 years later...

Hello and Welcome,

You will get an address from the 'contact us' on this 'link'...............

http://www.firstgroup.com/greater-manchester

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

Has anyone had any success with Transportation Claims Ltd?

On 6th June I was clipped on my right arm by a First Bus whilst walking on the pavement.

Driver did not stop but it was a loud bang and pedestrians behind me came and checked I was OK.

To be honest I was more angry than hurt at the time as I had my wife and kids with me and had literally seconds before made my daughter move away from the kerb.

I phoned First bus customer services within 15 minutes of the incident to report it and although I was still extremely angry I accepted they would look into it and get back to me.

I gave them route number, exact location and time as it was an hourly service it would have been a simple process to determine the driver and bus concerned.

I received an email cofirming my complaint within minutes.

After hearing nothing for a week I called back and they said they could not discuss with me as was a matter of data protection for the driver, but I would hear from them shortly.

2 further days later I get a fairly bland letter stating my complaint had been passed to Transportation Claims Ltd and that no further contact with First would be acceptable on the matter and they would be in touch.

4th July, I called Transportation Claims Ltd quoting the claim ref from the bland letter.

The person I spoke to looked up the claim ref and said the matter was being investigated and they must be having trouble finding the exact bus or driver.

He then said he would send me the relevant claim forms to fill in and by the time I fill them in and return them the investigators should have finished the investigation.

I wasn't badly injured, just some bruising and a sore shoulder and elbow so wondering if this is really worth pursuing?

Thanks in advance fro any advice.

they are internal to first group buses

not an external claims company

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...