• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

becky v cabot old monument card !

becky75
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When was the last payment made by you, to this account.

Who is the solicitor acting on behalf of ?

Are you able to scan a copy of the letter you have received and post it on the forum - minus any personal details ?

If so, follow the instructions below ..

Dx100 – Instructions on uploading pdfs

Scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all personal info including barcodes etc. using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

Go to one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

open a new message box here

hit go advanced below the message box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB: you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

Then hit reply button

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I thought pretty much all of the Monument stuff went over to Barclaycard at least 5 years ago!

My money is on Lowell being behind this!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Agree Sidewinder! :(

Is it just me or do Lowell Group only seem to be the ones doing a Mass-Bankruptcy Scheme?

Bet you its Lowell, Passed onto Hamptons Legal.

But then again i also think it could be Bryan Carter or BW Legal... Hmmm, Want to place a tenner on this?

Becky aside of it all who is the letter from? Could you tell us a bit more info on the debt. Lowell may attempt Bankruptcy based on it being more than £750 set in law.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Lowell use bankruptcy as a form of debt collection. Why the regulators dont do something about it is beyond me.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

two threads merged for history

seems like the OP was spoofed into a fee paying DMP 6yrs+ ago

bet monument/cabot never ever got any money anyhow.

i'd bet this is statute barred.

get acopy of your CRA file becky.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

HI

I have been on to my credit report and Lowell has been all over it !!!

I cant even see where I woe monument everything says cabot now

I have not paid monument any money since I began to use debt management (but gave up on them0

The solicitors Lowell have used are called WRight Hassall

Lol... How did I guess lowell in the first place. First time I've heard Lovell use someone called Wright Haswell (To me this sounds like a pun)

What does its say on your credit profile

We could do with some help from you.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

The solicitors Lowell have used are called WRight Hassall

Right Hassle or Right Assole..

Should have had that tenner on Lowell!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

yeah my thoughts too ! sound like a***holes to me !

I don't know if im reading my credit file properly as I cant see monument on it just Lowell,lowell,Lowell ! - think they like to chase me !!! actually have no idea who I owe now as their names all over my file!

should I write them a 'nice' letter ? what sort should it be?

thanks

looks like they've purchased all your debts then.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry if I'm not being v clever ! I put a post up last week about abounding bankruptcy I think on 17th !

I was looking to see if I should still cca or what to weird next but I can't find my post ? Perhaps it me ?? ( panic now set in )

Thanks

Hi becky75,

Click on your username to find your posts and any threads you have started.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi becky75

If you have a look at this link: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?106837-becky-v-cabot-!/page2 your post from the 17th Jan is at post #25.

Your post was merged with a previous thread on the same matter to keep the history in one place so you get the best advice.

• Haha 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

No time limit for a CCA request or a SAR - if you are going to call anyone it should be the original creditor, not the DCA. A SAR (which has a £10 fee) should produce all information that they have on you, including statements, which would show the last payments to the account.

DONATE HERE

although you cra file says lowells for most of your debts

of the Lowell ones

can you identify which 'was' the monument card

in the debt summary listing

it should tll you the last payment date

[noddle will for sure]

get that CCA request off!

dx

and they

thanks - think having a moment last nite !

I will get cca off

- in mean time will that put the whole bankruptcy 'thing' on hold whilst I do it ?

scared i'll buckle under time pressure and just offer to pay off if they carry on chasing !-

but cca will give me time wont it?

thanks soory know ask load questions 1 I appreciate all your help x

its a threat-o-gram ignore them!!

dx

and they

• 2 years later...

Hi Becky _ I'm in a similar situation but am confident I'll get this sorted thanks to this site and mostly DX. It's interesting reading all the other cases and how successful they have been, I just wondered how you got on and what happened?