Nat West Credit Card Settled in full!

drive
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

17/04/07 - I had copies of all my Credit Card statements so started the process and requested my charges back of apx. £700 incurred on my Nat West Visa Card over the last few years.

I received an immediate response from Nat West, informing me they would reply in 10 days.

25/04/07 - Nat West letter: Partial Offer of £280 in full and final settlement, which was calculated as the difference between the original £20 late payment charge amount and their new £12 late payment charge.

11/05/07 -I rejected their offer using the letter in the Templates section on this site, giving them 10 days to pay in full before court action.

Nat West promptly wrote back within a few days, stating they were not going to increase their offer and would not accept the terms in my letter.

Ooops! I really didn't want to go to court and was hoping the claim could be settled amicably.

01.07.07 - I finally (yes, two months later!) got it together and submitted an N1 at my local court.

10.07.07 - Solicitor’s response. Nat West would defend my claim in full!

18.07.07 - Received full settlement by cheque including all charges, 8% interest and court fee. Whoopee! £960

Now how hard was that! No AQ. No Court date.

If it wasn't for this site, I would have given up a long time ago and very possibly would have accepted their initial partial offer.

To be fair, Nat West's speed of response to my three letters (and N1) was nothing short of excellent.

I need to let the court know that I've received settlement as soon as the cheque clears.

Now for the big boys. Abbey x2 (apx £8000 - N1's submitted!).

Don't give up! Keep following the advice on this site. Use the templates. It works!!

Drive, what a great result................

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

And enjoy your winnings!!! :D :D :D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Fantastic....Congratulations.......

And full credit to NatWest, where credit is due...(no pun intended)

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.