Royal Bank Of Scotland Charges

Soad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been with the Royal Bank of Scotland since 1978 when they where called Williams & Glnny and have always paid any bank charges without question but my latest bank charges are over £777.00

First we accidentally went over the agreed overdraft which caused a few direct debits to bounce and it seems to be a viscous circle because of this high amount taken in charges trying to get back within the overdraft to avoid more charges.

We questioned this from the bank but they declined to give a refund stating the charges are correct

How much will it cost to take to court?

Thanks for your help

I will donate when I have some money

Hi all as bad as each other I think but you might want to set up a new account anyway as the banks seem to be closing accounts down when people are claiming back unlawful charges.

Stacy

NatWest - Settled in full 22/05/06

RBS- Prelim sent 9/05/06 £1,147

£500 offer 27/05/06, rejected 30/05/06

LBA sent 25/05/06 :razz:

MCOL 15/06/06

Defence received 20/07/06

Settled in full 01/09/06 wahey!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi All

About to get the ball rolling, is there a template for when I apply for my last 6 years statements, I cant seem to find one ?

Thanks

All the letter templates are here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/libraries-bank-charges-materials/

You will need to go into "bank templates library" & send the "data protection act, subject access request" with your £10. It might help to familiarise yourself with the letter templates and the information in the FAQ section before you get going.

Good luck!

Have sent a letter to the bank asking for the charges of £1400.00 since last December are refunded to our account, the next day they phoned me and said we are looking into this and said they would call back next Thursday with the answer

If and I say if they did offer to refund the charges of £1400.00 could I then do a claim for the rest of the 6 years or should I turn that payment down and go for the lot

I would accept it !!! (as an interim payment)

But I wouldnt sign anything limiting my future ability to claim

Then I'd go for the rest

:-)

dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

I would accept it !!! (as an interim payment)

But I wouldnt sign anything limiting my future ability to claim

Then I'd go for the rest

:-)

dave

Or just claim them all at the same time.

Five threads merged - please do not start a new thread for each question!

There is a DPA request template in the library section - use this. It requests a list of charges so they can only charge you the maximum £10 rather than charging you for each statement.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

On the SAR template its asks for a complete list or charges (I have been at this bank over 25 years) they wont send it for all the 25 plus years at the bank will they (hope not) or do I have to state that I want the last 6 years or do they just do that anyway

You may as well ask for the whole lot and they'll provide whatever they have, although they may not hold the information going back 25 years.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

On the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) template its asks for a complete list or charges (I have been at this bank over 25 years) they wont send it for all the 25 plus years at the bank will they (hope not) or do I have to state that I want the last 6 years or do they just do that anyway

Ask for it all. You may want to claim back further than the 5 or 6 years at a later date. There is no reason to pay 10 pound twice!

Got a reply for RBOS regarding the £1400.00 of bank charges since December 05 and they offered only £371.00 !!!!

So next step is is to send the Data Protection Act request letter requesting my charges for the last 6 years

Should I give them a cheque or a crossed postal order payable to the bank

Regards

Soad you seem to be doing this "piecemeal"

step 1 SHOULD be send dpa sar request with £10 (cheque or PO is fine)

they will probably only send you six years worth

step 2 highlight charges and add up (six years worth or more)

(step 2a) get another account (advisable)

step 3 Send nice letter saying youve charged me £XXXX can I have it back, you have 14 days (prelim template letter)

step 4 Send letter DEMANDING it back further 14 days (LBA template letter)

step 5 file with court

step 6 get money back

Before you begin you should have familiarised yourself with the procedure

you seem to be only going for two years worth. this is ok but will involve extra cost in the long run.

follow the proper way and you won't go wrong. Get inventive and you could c**k it up.

good luck with your claim

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Hi,

HELP!! I'm new to this so please excuse my ignorance if I am asking stupid questions. I, like everyone else here have been charged criminal amounts by RBS over the years and I want my money back!

I have almost all of my statements for the last 6 years apart for the first 6 months of 2001. I was originally just going to claim from Jan 2002 and forget 2001 but having read some of the comments here I am thinking I should get the statements from the bank before completing my calculations, would you agree?

Can I also ask if anyone can clarify a couple of other things:

Presumably you can only re-claim overdraft interest that was charged while you were still within your agreed overdraft limit?

Can you only reclaim charges made for rejected direct debits if the charge was more than the actual direct debit itself?

On some of my statements I have a monthly fee of £15.00 which is obviously just for the pleasure of me keeping my money in their bank + overdraft interest. But I also have a maintenance charge of £28.00 + a returned direct debit charge of £38.00 on top. Can I reclaim the maintenance charge and the direct debit charge?

Again, apologies if I am asking too many stupid questions but want to be absolutely sure of what I am doing before I go in guns blazing!!

Many thanks in anticipation for any help I can get.

Sounds like you have a royalties premier account, if so you can't claim the service charge of £15/month however this is often disguised by adding on overlimit fees.

you can claim ALL other charges. leave the overdraft interest alone its a bit hard to calculate and only usually adds afew tens of pounds anyway.

Dave

Well am about to get the ball rolling with the Data Protection Act Subject Access Request going out recorded delivey with the £10.00 today

Should I send it to my local branch or the head office ?

I am in England

Regards