Rbos

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I wondered if anyone could offer advice on how to get started with reclaiming bank charges? I reckon my bank have crippled me with charges amounting to around 3 grand over the past 6 years, even though i have been a full time student all of this time. Is there a letter format i can use? Does anyone have past experience with the RBOS on this matter? i would be very greatful for any advice at all.

Nicola

Hi there,

I wondered if anyone could offer advice on how to get started with reclaiming bank charges? I reckon my bank have crippled me with charges amounting to around 3 grand over the past 6 years, even though i have been a full time student all of this time. Is there a letter format i can use? Does anyone have past experience with the RBOS on this matter? i would be very greatful for any advice at all.

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

The best way to get started is to read ALL the FAQs and as many of the threads as you can spare the time for. There are a number of dedicated folks here, (Not me I hasten to add, I'm just here to do the same as you), and they have arranged this site as an aid to recovering your money for you. Virtually all the information you will require is available in the FAQs and letter templates, spreadsheets and sundry other things are also available in the Library.

I have spent over a week so far just browsing the FAQs and threads, trying to get a real feel for the procedures and trying to work out all the possible pitfalls, since I have all my statements for the last 5 years, I reckon to be ready to commence in the next week or so. Since I doubt you do have all that information, you will need to send your bank the DPA latter (In the library) to request that information, and note, that it gives the bank 40 days to comply, so you will then have plenty of time to browse this site and get your fiduciary education!:D

As I said, almost everything you need to know can be found on the site here in the FAQs, but if you genuinely can't find something, post here in your thread and someone will be sure to have an answer for you.

Best of luck:p