Tesco/RBoS - confused - help needed, please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I recently sent off my SARS request for both mine and my husbands Tesco credit cards, which are a joint financial venture between Tesco and RBOS. After loads of hassle (them claiming they hadn't received any letters whilst offering us small amounts of money, then sending tiny printouts of the charges and no statements), we finally got our statements after threatening court action.

Now, I know that they own us quite a lot of money, but my question is this:

Tesco Credit Cards didn't seem to know what they were doing, and all of the statements have come from RBoS. In fact, I only got the statements after phoning Tesco customer services and asking for them. Even then, they tried to tell me that I would have to send off another £10 fee as they had already supplied what I asked for in the small printout, and anything else would cost extra :evil: .

So do I send the request for payment off to Tesco Personal Finance, or to RBoS? All of the letters I have been sending have been sent to Tesco, but I didn't know if I could cut out the middleman and go straight to RBoS?

Any help and advice gratefully received.

Thanks,

T

Edited by Josie8

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

I would think and this is just my opinion that you should stick to going through Tesco as this is who you took the card out with. You mentioned the CS said they had already supplied you with info for your 10 quid. Well, the Data Protection Act states that a data controller must supply you with all relevant requested information in a timely and LEGIBLE manner. If this printout is microscopic then they HAVEN'T fulfilled your original request and are in a position (once the 40 days are up) to take them to court for non-disclosure and a request for the courts to enforce a disclosure. Tell Tesco this, tell them you won't pay any more money and tell them that you want your statements within the 40 days else you will go to court to get what you want (in the meantime, read up about non-disclosure claims).

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!