style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6527 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all!

reclamationproclamation,in my view:

1.Just pay your share of the bills i.e. if there are 4 tenants in the house divide the final bill amounts owed by 4.It may also be wise to send a copy of your tenancy agreement to the Gas & Electricity companies because you are not responsible for the payment of all the full bill amounts just your share.

2.Also,if you are a full time student,student nurse or on a youth training scheme you should not have pay Council Tax.

3.However,if you are studying and have another income i.e. a salaried job - you would possibly have to pay Council Tax as the amount you earn would be the deciding factor in the amount of Council Tax that you would pay.

I hope you find this information/suggestions useful.

If you need any more help or have a question,just ask.

Keep us posted.

All the best!

Hi all!

1.Just pay your share of the bills i.e. if there are 4 tenants in the house divide the final bill amounts owed by 4.It may also be wise to send a copy of your tenancy agreement to the Gas & Electricity companies because you are not responsible for the payment of all the full bill amounts just your share.

2.Also,if you are a full time student,student nurse or on a youth training scheme you should not have pay Council Tax.

3.However,if you are studying and have another income i.e. a salaried job - you would possibly have to pay Council Tax as the amount you earn would be the deciding factor in the amount of Council Tax that you would pay.

I hope you find this information/suggestions useful.

If you need any more help or have a question,just ask.

Keep us posted.

All the best!

Thankyou for your help.

When we signed contracts we signed two copies each, one of which the Lanlord's agent has. If we can get hold of these and send a copy to the supplier will they issue a bill to the tennants?

We don't pay council tax, not sure why it's in there.

Cheers

Hi all!

reclamationproclamation,please answer the following questions:

1.Do you have seperate meters say in each room or only 2 meters for the whole house?

2.Do you have a copy of your tenancy without resorting to go the letting agent?

The answers to the above questions should enable me to hopefully help you further.

Hi all!

reclamationproclamation,please answer the following questions:

1.Do you have seperate meters say in each room or only 2 meters for the whole house?

2.Do you have a copy of your tenancy without resorting to go the letting agent?

The answers to the above questions should enable me to hopefully help you further.

We just have two meters for the house, we have copies of our own contracts, however the Landlord's agent with whom we have a good relationship has a signed copy from each tennant with the tennants address on.

Thanks

Hi all!

1.You are worrying over nothing at the moment regarding your housemates,so go back to the letting agent and see what he/she says.

2.Update us after you have visited the letting agent.

3.It is good for say 2 of you to you go together just in case there is a problem later down the line mainly to do with refunding your deposits.

4.Another thing you could do - maybe abit sneaky but hey not paying one's share of bills is also sneaky! - Pretend you want to keep in touch with your 2 non-paying housemates and obtain their forwarding addresses.Then if there is a problem about the bills further down the line either through the letting agent or the utility companies pass on their forwarding addresses in return for seeing that you do not owe anything regarding the bills.

I hope you find this information useful/suggestions.

If you have any questions,just ask.

Keep us posted.

All the best!

Just a little one on unpaid bills in Student digs. A friend of mine works as a Letting Agent dealing with similar group houses. He always has a home address to which any deposit being returned is posted by cheque. From his experience the Utility Company, upon being informed that a percentage of the bill is due from a tenant who has left already will contact the University direct, to get an address, and then demand repayment of the full bill from the defaulting tenant. This has resulted, to his knowledge, of a University refusing to graduate a student until the debt was paid. The poor bugger had to pay the full bill because he couldn't get in touch with any of the other housemates and the Utility Company refused anything other than full settlement.

Strictly speaking, tricky ground for the utility company but still bloody stupidity on the part of the tenant in question