result :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, just received a letter this morning offering me £1950 as a goodwill gesture without admitting liability. Was after £2200, but that will do me, that is £1950 i thought i would never see again , only had to send the the second letter threatening court action. so just a little note to wish everyone good luck and keep up the fight :)

hi, just received a letter this morning offering me £1950 as a goodwill gesture without admitting liability. Was after £2200, but that will do me, that is £1950 i thought i would never see again , only had to send the the second letter threatening court action. so just a little note to wish everyone good luck and keep up the fight :)

If this is the first offer from RBS (unsigned letter from Mark Douthwaite by any chance??) write back accepting the £1950 but as only partial payment towards full amount of £2200, if that is what is legitimately due to you - do not sign or return the acceptance form - they are relying on you accepting a smaller amount than is actually due - use one of the rejection letter styles here:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

amended to suit your individual case - it does work - I was offered about 73% of my claimed amount, accepted it as partial payment and was offered my full amount within 3 weeks which I accepted.

Just stick it out - you will win:)

“It's not personal, Sonny. It's strictly business.”

hi yanni, i am quite happy to accept the £1950 offer against £2200 claimed, i cant say that my claim is 100% accurate(think i worked it out ok), and i am happy to receive money i thought i had lost for ever. i know what you mean about holding out for full, but for now i am happy with this result

No worries, if you're happy with the result then that's fine -

I know what you mean about getting money back you thought you had lost, it's just I was almost tempted to accept first offer but the example of others on CAG who had held out for full claim inspired me to do same and I was offered the full amount - I just hope Capital One, who I'm suing for default fees, are as generous with their "acts of goodwill" - it really does make me laugh when they come out with this - I mean, who do they think they are kidding:oops:

“It's not personal, Sonny. It's strictly business.”