Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Thread: Unfair charges

Default Unfair charges

Hi,
    I want to send a letter to the Bank of Scotland and have looked through the libraryicon to find out which letter i should be sending out but im not sure which one is appropriate. I'll try and explain my situation as briefly as possible as it does not involve ovedrafts charges ,direct debits charges etc. Basically i signed a hire agreement which was financed by the Bank of Scotland and after my bank froze my account in error i had to make payments to he Bank of Scotland by credit card. Now in the small print on the back of the hire agreement i signed it states that any payments made by any means other than direct debiticon is subject to a charge of 35 + Vat which i find hard to believe and excessive. I would therefore like to claim the money back but dont know the letter i should be choosing so can you advise please.

thanks
    Ratmin

Similar Threads:

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

Interesting that they are charging you VAT on the charge.

Which bank is it that froze your account in error?

MAJOR UPGRADE - March - SEE ANNOUNCEMENTS

Warning: I use dictation software. Beware of homophones!
    Have you read our dealing with customer services guide?
    Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Are they really charging VAT on it?

Advice & opinions of Dave and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.
    Follows
    Following

It doesn't sound right but you would need to see the precise wording of the agreement to see what is actually being paid for.

I have it right in front of me and it states 2. Payment 2.1 All remittances made other by direct debiticon will be subject to an administration charge per remittance of 35 plus VAT.

Default Re: Unfair charges

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but i will be coming to the end of my 5 year term and would like to know if i have a case.

Hi ratmin. I'd suggest that this letter might meet your needs. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...tml#post650206

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.
    Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007
    Smile 1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received 1,000.50 14/7/06 + 20 30/7/06
    Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.
    Follows
    Following

Thanks for the info caro, much appreciated.

Caro, Ive just read my contract again and it says that an adminicon charge of 35 plus Vat will be added to any payments not made by direct debiticon. Wont they argue therefore that they have made an adminicon charge rather than a penalty charge. Thanks

Well they could argue it, but it will be for a judge to decide I would say. What costs 35 to administer a card payment, and why add VAT too?

What sort of loan was it?

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.
    Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007
    Smile 1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received 1,000.50 14/7/06 + 20 30/7/06
    Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.
    Follows
    Following

Hi Caro,

Sorry for the late reply again but there is so much happening with other things i keep forgetting to check the forums. Anyway Im hiring a coffee machine for my shop and that is 1 of the terms and agreements on the back of the contract. I was paying by direct debiticon but my account was frozen in error. The full details of what happened was posted by myself back in March 2006. If you scroll down you will find the details. Thank you.ratmin

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details