style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have building societys put you in the red through charges even though they say your account can neve  

6 Caggers have voted

1. 1. Have building societys put you in the red through charges even though they say your account can neve

• yes - a lot of times
    • once or twice
    • never just take charges when I am in the black again
    • never has done they just do not charge me if it would put me in the red

Can any one tell me if I can claim back charges for not enough money in to cover direct debits or standing orders from Yorkshire building soc. Sometimes due to over site I have been as little as a penny short and because they do not do overdrafts they have refused my payment and then of course I do very often end up in the red as they charge £20 and if say my DD or SO was £20 and I had £19.99 in ban they would take the £19.99 and put me in the red for 1p. Even though they tell you there is no way you can ever be over drawn on your account - if they apply charges they are happy to do this as break their own rules.

A couple of times even though I have cancelled a DD or SO they have charged me the £20 but I did manage to get that back albet they treated me as if they were doing me a big favour doing so - but I had cancelled at least 2 days before due date.

So don't really understand if I can claim back my charges or not as it is a building society not a bank so if anyone can tell me I would be grateful.

Thanks

Debbie

The answer is yes but read the FAQs

• 7 months later...

Yes you can. Read through all the F.A.Q's and other sections on this site and they will help you through the process.

Sarah.

Yorkshire Bank

Started Process 19th Sept 2006.

All Stages Followed.

Next Step Court!

Hearing Date 7th June 2007.

WON!!!!! 6th June 2007 :D

Frequently Asked Questions

Example Step-By-Step Instructions

• 6 months later...

Yorkshire Building socy - I asked for £160 in charges to be returned but they deposited £60 in my account and wrote saying the office of fair trading says they can charge £12 for each failed transaction. they also said they would close my account if I challenged them. Can they do this.

• 11 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks