Hunting debate - Vote now!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You are a British fox. How would you most like to be killed?

1. I would like to be shot by a farmer.
  2. I would like to be chased cross country by posh people, then bitten by dogs.
  3. I would like to be dug out by terriers, then bashed on the head with a shovel.
  4. I would like to be mown down by traffic.
  5. I would like to be caught in a wire snare.
  6. I would like to be trapped in a cage, then stoned to death with champagne bottles in an Oxbridge college.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto. It's disgusting.

Abbey - *SETTLED IN FULL!* ;)

-£445 refunded after one phonecall

HERE

Lloyds - Reclaiming Charges ***WON!***

-09/05/07 - Prelim delivered

-22/05/07 - LBA sent - no response

-11/07/07 - Filed at court

- 26/07/07 - Full settlement offer!!!! Donation made ;)

HERE

Next - Trying to Sue us with no agreement! :lol:

-29/06/07 - Defence filed

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

-19/09/07 - Claim struck out!! :p

HERE and continued HERE

PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES IF I'VE HELPED!

Much better to be a beagle. Free fags, make-up and toiletries for life...

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

Robert I'm sorry to say it but you may have a distorted view of the world

You may think that but . . ......

Total repaid to date £1947.58

Lloyds Currrent a/c £745.27

Moneyclaim filed 17th June

Defence and AQ 25th July. Case struck out 11 Aug

reinstated and hearing 15th Jan 2007

Lloyds loan a/c D A request expired 19th June

Proceedings under S7 Data Protection Act issued 29th June defence and counterclaim 27 July

Hearing Jan 3 2007

Listed final hearing April 2007-

Judge declared an interest and disqualified himself

new date to be set

Hmmmm...quite possibly.

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

I did not know that the 'seagulls' site did free stuff !!!:confused:

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I'm pro hunting.

It is traditional

It is a spectacle, though I've never been to a Hunt yet, I fully intend to as soon as I can

Foxes, to farmers, are vermin, as rats are to takeaway owners! Yes, I agree, shooting them would be more humane (quick death etc), but it's going to be killed anyway, so why not have some enjoyment in doing it.

I'll now put on my flame-proof suit, though I hope people respect that we're all entitled to an opinion.

What made me chuckle was when some people got hold of the League Against Cruel Sports' (yes, those terrorists, IMHO) freepost address,and started encouraging people to send bricks etc to it. What pee'd me off was Royal Mail waiving the £3m (IIRC) bill that the LACS incurred.

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

I'll now put on my flame-proof suit
"Smokin' like a beagle" as they say...;)

Well, we can go on forever here, however, you either approve, or you don't.

You can not convince the unconvertible. The Tony Blair party has tried it and failed miserably. Let those that do, do, and those that don't, stay the hell out of it. In a rural community, the Hunts provide most of village life, the Dances, dinner's, pony clubs for the kids (Oh yes, every pony club is associated with it's local hunt, if you didn't know) Bingo for the old folk and give a lot of money to keep the village halls open.

Not all of the 'People in Pink' are well off, the average Huntsman earns less than 15K a year. It's not the best job in the world, collecting dead stock from the farms in the area, in order to keep the dogs (hounds) fed, and having to work 70+ hours a week, cleaning and preparing the body's that 'Deffra' i.e you and I would have to pay for. To be 'In the pink' you either work bloody hard, or you throw a lot of your own money at it to keep it going.

At the end of the day, we all have our own views. Me, I will never be a good enough horseman to be where I want to be, up front,where I can see what the 'Dogs' are doing, so I don't hunt, if you want to, do so.

If you believe that hunting is bad, I salute you, just don't push it down my throat when you shop at 'Tesco' or what ever, and see what happens to the animals they produce. If you feel that strongly about Hunting it's case of ' Do or Don't' at the end of the day, the cubs that play in my garden, I will feed, if they 'eat' my chickens, look out !!!

BTW, I believe my husbandry is 'spot on' with electric fence,s and buried wire etc, I have not had a big 'Fox Kill Yet' Say's he touching wood, if I do, I will do all in my power to 'prevent' it happening again.

You Chose,

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

How about this for a workable compromise...

Catch all the countryside foxes + let them feed on all the rats/takeaways in the towns/cities??

Make all the non-essential rural folk compulsory move to the towns/cities also.

This will cut down on all the subsidisation that the good town/city folk have to pay for, to provide un-economic services for them.

If God had intended for us to be still riding horses in this day + age,

She wouldn't have invented the Internal Combustion Engine, surely?!

4 X 4's should also be banned.

Not only are they gas-guzzlers, high polluters + child killers in town/cities,

they also don't allow drivers to build up a respectably decent roadkill score of all those little furry things that twitch unless U catch them right, making U have to reverse to record a 'humane' kill, thus wasting valuable journey time.

Farm Collectives are the future...Eastern Europeans have been used to them for years now!...lol...:D

P.S....S*d the seagulls...FREE fags for humans!!!...:p

I'm a hunt saboteur.

I go out the night before and shoot the fox!!

Advice given is either my experience or my opinion and is given without liability. If in doubt, consult a qualified professional.

If you PM me for advice I will only reply in your own thread

Never under estimate your ability. I won over £17,000!

For the full story - look here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/17630-thecobbettslayer-NatWest.html

Guest peed orf

When the popualation of any animal gets too big Mother Nature sorts it out. The only animal she's having a problem with is the human. The sooner they're wiped out, the sooner the world can get back to being the way it was ment to be.

You can not convince the unconvertible. The Tony Blair party has tried it and failed miserably. Let those that do, do, and those that don't, stay the hell out of it.

Same with paedophilia, Granny Bashing, Necrophilia, Rape, Slave Labour.

Just because it's gone on for years, and is a way of life for somme people, it doesn't make it right.

Guest peed orf
I did not know that the 'seagulls' site did free stuff !!!:confused:

That proves you don't know what you're talking about. They don't even have a donate botton.

It's nice to see, all the back stabbing stopped, when the "trouble makers" left!

It's nice to see, all the back stabbing stopped, when the "trouble makers" left!

Well, yeah, that was the point of gettign rid of them! Shame to see that some keep on coming back, though. You'd think they would have got the hint. I don't know, some people..! :rolleyes::-D:rolleyes:

Farm Collectives are the future...Eastern Europeans have been used to them for years now!...lol...:grin:
Collectives? How quaint!

That proves you don't know what you're talking about. They don't even have a donate botton.

lol.

The "trouble makers" are like a bad penny they keep coming back.

Guest weegirl

I really don't agree with this 'sport' being an important and valued part of rural life. I work in a widespread rural community and have several farmers as clients, and they all hate the hunts. The hounds run through fields scaring the **** out of the cattle, ewes throw lambs, my clients lose money etc etc.

The hunt is not supposed to go through private land, but all they have to say is that 'the fox went that way' and that is okay. Wonderful.

I have yet to see a village that benefits from these hunting groups. Activities they organise tend to involve their own members & families, and are a sideline to their main objective - hunting and their fundraising usually goes into this activity. There are far more community activities organised via local community projects whose sole aim is to improve the quality of rural life - raising money for more important issues to support rural community infrastructure like accessable transport etc.

Guest peed orf

I am not trying to be a "trouble maker" but after everything that has been said on CAG about liable and then people on here are spouting on about Legal-seagulls being a profit making entity when they're not.

I find the hypocrisy hard to stomach.

And before you tell me "to go if I don't like it" it still won't make you right!

I am not trying to be a "trouble maker" but after everything that has been said on CAG about liable and then people on here are spouting on about Leagle-seagulls being a profit making entity when they're not.

Where did anybody suggest anything of the kind?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Guest SummerSausage
I am not trying to be a "trouble maker" but after everything that has been said on CAG about liable and then people on here are spouting on about Leagle-seagulls being a profit making entity when they're not.

And before you tell me "to go if I don't like it" it still won't make you right!

I think you misunderstand the meaning of 'profit making entity'. To be classed as such it's not a requirement that they actually make a profit, just that they be set up with the intention of doing so. Legal seagulls' business model actually looks pretty straightforward. They've clearly done a deal with one or two firms of solicitors to pass on particularly 'difficult' cases, for which they will no doubt receive a kick-back; they're going to be offering "discounted online conveyancing, Home Information Packs, Will Services and an emergency General Legal Advisory Service", for which they will again receive commission; and they're offering a 'VIP service' at £9 per year. All of these things are designed to make money for the owners of the site. It is of course true that CAG does some of these money making activities as well, but the difference is that CAG is heavily involved in actual campaigning, and uses its money to try to bring about the end of unlawful bank charges - unlike Legal seagulls who are not involved in any proper campaigning at all. The owners of Legal seagulls probably did a straightforward calculation based on say 1 in a 100 members making use of one of the additional services, which would cost an average of £x. From there it's a pretty simple extrapolation to figure out how much money they can make based on the number of registered users they have. As of this afternoon they have 237 members - which means that the real number will be somewhere around 40 - 50 (it is standard procedure for anyone starting a forum like that to artificially inflate the user base, in the same way that beggars in the street always leave a few coppers in their tin - it makes them look more successful). At the current rate Legal seagulls will need to be running for an awful long time before they can hope to make any money at all, but that doesn't detract from the fact that they are a profit making organisation.

I seem to be almost a quasi spokesperson for Legal seagulls so I will respond. Barracad, you are right it was not said that it was profit making but a commercial site. To Summer, which one of the people on here are you the alter ego to(I can spot somethings a mile away)? I am alter ego to Nattie and I endorse legal seagulls having been told what the facts were from the site owners and how the legal side works. The VIP concept is one that Penalty Charges has, is Stephen Hone making a profit? I am sure he does not. Legal seagulls offer services available to someone which they can use or not use. No hand is forced behind the back you will be pleased to know!! Interesting you make the comparison with no win no fee companies, i did actually read about them and yes there are firms offering to claim charges back on average at a cost of 15% to 25% excluding VAT.

Summer, as Nattie, i built my reputation on this site as someone who would not endorse profit making sites or no win no fee firms that do not offer 100% of the money back on bank charges. Any other services offered can be used but as a member you can simply do as you do here BEAT the banks. You mention other things on offer such as HIPS packs, will service etc, all through an insured solicitor.

You are right that Legal seagulls are not YET in full campaign mode however, there is information on there that is not on any other charges site with regards to NatWest. Last week i spent 7 days doing that which includes for the first time information with regards to charges refunds not available anywhere else.

Legal seagulls has a wealth of experience on the site of people who have claimed and is still relatively small, but will grow as did the CAG. This site started small and built up its base slowly but surely and built up press contacts. Legal seagulls is part of the same team as CAG because people can do it all by themselves and chill out with a similar bear garden(soft core and hard core for the over 18's) and a chat room. Stephen Hone has had nice words to say about the site, and Martin Lewis has not visited it as far as I am aware, Please can you do what you do well and we will do what we do well and that is to face one enemy--The Banks.

I feel like a troublemaking rogue which i am not. I will now go and sit in the corner and write my lines sir. and I would let the fox roam in the peaceful contryside.

Love seagulls though, quite distinguished dogs I would say.

And The cobbet slayer, that was hilarious mate re hunt saboteur.

I came I saw I helped. I could do no more.