R B S; letter sent to me advising 4-6 weeks to look into claim? is this normal?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, I sent an inital letter off to R B O S on 17th May asking for over £4k in bank charges back, they sent me a letter within the 14 days advising that they are looking into my claim and will take 4-6 weeks?

is this normal? has anyone esle had this? Should I wait a few more weeks before doing anything?

any help is appreciated

Hi Angela,

I had exactly the same letter but with 6 to 7 weeks.

Did not take any notice of this and stuck to my time table and sent 2'nd letter after 14 days. Still did not get a reply.

I'm new to this myself so would not like to give any advice but good luck with your claim.

It's perfectly normal. It's a tried and tested way of delaying claims. I dread to think how many people have fallen for it.

If your preferred method of reclaiming is via the courts then ignore their timescale and stick with your own.

If you are intending using the FoS as your preferred method of reclaiming then you need to give the bank 56 days (8 weeks) to sort it out before you can escalate to the Financial Ombudsman.

Don't forget who's in charge of this reclaim attempt... you. For once what you say goes, and not what the bank says.

thanks for all your replies, I was thinking about emailing thier cutomer relations tem but I was worried that it wouldnt look professional - almost like im desparte for them to settle?

think I will wait 1 more week and then send the LBA - keep you all informed - thanks again