calibrax vs BoS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent my SAR on Nov 2nd, got a letter on 27 November saying that duplicate copies of statements were on the way. This morning I got an envelope and the statements only go back to 2004! The letter was from a Ken Patton, "Data Protection Consultant", "Business Risk - Retail". Address on the letter is HBOS plc, Trinity Road, Halifax, HX1 2RG.

Does anyone have a phone number I can call to complain? No number is on the letter...

Thanks! However, the rest of the statements arrived today by courier. Went through them adding up the charges... £770 over the last 6 years!

So on Monday morning they will be sent a payment request letter. They WILL pay me, or I'll see them in court :)

Letter sent to the Halifax/BOS this morning...

bankchg2.jpg

I specifically mentioned the fact that my SAR request was sent on the 1st November, as I intend to claim charges for 6 years from then, i.e. back to Nov 1st 2000. The SAR letter I sent also notified them of my intention to claim. In Nov 2000 I was charged £160 in a single month so I definitely want to claim that!

I believe that by doing this, it will validate my claim from Nov 1st 2000 - what do you guys think?

There is a growing opinion that the limitation of 6 years is FROM THE MOMENT YOU DISCOVER THE LOSS, not from the moment the loss occurred. With that in mind, for my first claim I have included charges from 01-01-00 to present (nearly 7 years in fact) and when charges have been applied since my first letter, I have ammended the claim in a subsequent one.

Now I haven't actually had a pay-out yet so I don't know if this approach is going to work yet, but I thought you might like to know.

• 1 month later...

Finally got an offer today - £507.50.

The claim I was making was for £770, but I know that about £240 of the charges were borderline for the 6 year cutoff, and so may not have been upheld in court. So I'm happy with the settlement 8):-D