Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2428 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I attended my first FND appointment at Ingeus today.

It seems I have the privilege of being in the very last intake since this scheme is now cancelled.

My impression is that all funding to the FND scheme will be ended in August. So presumably whatever happens then I will be off FND.

Most annoying to me is the way these people sink their claws into your life, say for example I get the job I went for last week, they will take the credit and a payment for getting me into work.

Total parasites.

Whilst I waited for my appointment I watched half a dozen 'clients' each push a cursor around a screen to no great purpose, that's when they were not slumped into catatonic inactivity. And one woman - I'm guessing a client - tried to help another who frankly was never going to be able to do even the simplest thing on a computer.

The reason for this post is that other than corporate self promotion there is very little info out there about this company, whilst plenty of people have something to say about A4E, there seems to be no one blogging about Ingeus.

Are Ingeus wonderful? Based on just today I would say not - more on my own appointment later - or do they shut down any one who talks about them.

Do you have any experience of Ingeus, if so please share. :!:

Edited by Raven1

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just realised they have recently changed their name from Working Links to Ingeus and when you search for Working Links a few more references appear. Oddly enough there are a disproportionate number which refer to the office I visited yesterday.

In a nutshell I left in tears after the advisor spent 30 mins doing her level best to totally undermine and demoralise me. The slightest questioning of anything she said - and some of it was extremely bizarre - was turned back at me as 'my negativity'

Also when I set out my health restrictions she spat at me that I was 'inflexible'

Towards the end she just seemed to want to argue and I had to actually advise her that I was not prepared to argue with her.

I am an intelligent articulate middle aged woman with a proven work history, I strongly suspect this person took one look at my grey hair and decided I was an easy victim one who would afford her some amusement if she approached the appointment in that manner.

Unhappily for them what they did not realise is that yes, I do tend to blub when taken by surprise with some unexpected nastiness ( which is essentially what this was, I went in there expecting to be treated like an equal) and I'm not particularly proud of that, but once I calm down I come out fighting, not effing and blinding but in the adult way via the formal complaints process.

I have emailed her this morning advising that I was not happy about the way the meeting was conducted and citing a couple of specific examples of her inappropriate behaviour. Also stating that I wished to make it the subject of a formal complaint.

What ever happens they won't be making me cry again!

Edited by Raven1

You need to start recording all encounters with these people.

This is not about paranoia this is about empowerment!

They now have to power to sanction you benefit on an oral direction (something they say).

You can not defend against this unless you record.

By the bullying and the fact that they are running rough shod over your rights they see you as a soft touch and it will continue.

That is unless you can prove exactly what they say i.e. the recording.

Have a look in the NHS section and aska few questions for legalities but as an aid to memory you can not be stopped.http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?256545-Audio-recording-your-consultations-with-NHS-doctors(1-Viewing)-nbsp

Pick your time fight back then strike with the evidence i.e recording

I spoke to the manager at Ingeus this morning and I have been assigned to a different advisor.

I don't think they will ever see me as a soft target again although I am quite sure that's what happened initially.

I'm fully up to speed on empowerment, it just took me by surprise.

Nobody rides roughshod over my rights ;)

It's the others I feel sorry for those who are afraid to speak out.

Edited by Raven1

Good for you. Nobody should be treated in such a way.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

• 1 month later...

Hi Raven

I usually post on the Consumer forums.I have been following the tender [process of these companies...in my own area there are 3 contractors...Maximus, Ingeus who subcontract to Ixion Holdings and Reed in Partnership.

I have been reading all the pre stuff by Coalition and IDS Ian Smith

There are complaint feedback systems in place...as there performance is monitored by the DWP...Yes before the Govt use to pay up front with stuff like ND..but that was not working as insufficient people were getting back to work and paying taxes...so now the payment will be on outcomes....the rationale by the Govt being that if you dont get back into wotk and remain on JSA..the treaury is no worse off than before 'cos money has not been paid upfront to these private sectors....and IF you do find work then it will all have been worth it to the treasury in the savings accrued from you being off benefits and a one time payment of 14,000 to the private company who placed you into work....

m2ae

Hi All,

I am new to the forum after web searching regards Ingeus as I have my first appointment with them next week. To be honest since my letter I have been in an agitated state and getting wound up about so called sanctions and bad attitudes.

As Raven I am in similar circumstances IE a long professional career to date this being only the second time I have ever been unemployed in my life to date at 51 years old.

I am single claiming JSA and housing benefit and am terrified that if I receive a (false style) sanction I will not be able to eat? I am not sure if I would still be able to claim housing benefits and am so afraid of becoming homeless as I have no family or anyone I can rely on but myself..

I am a fighter and will take all the necessary steps to retain some form of dignity regards my situation, however that will be no good if all my benefits get stopped and I can’t afford food or rent, does anyone have any further information regards this sort of situation.

Regards

Bbest

Hi bbest,

If you were to find yourself sanctioned (for whatever reason) then you can put in a claim for hardship payments due to no other income, depending on whether you are currently on JSA (CB) you have to put in a claim for JSA (IB) and then apply for the hardship payments on the grounds of having no other income and, that by not receiving hardship payments you would not be able to access basic needs such as food, heat and energy and clothing (or something like that!). If you are then allocated hardship payments you would receive 60% of the usual amount of JSA - around £40:50 a week for the length of your sanction - and you have to continue going in and signing on as usual during the sanction period.

Feebee_71

Edited by Feebee_71
alteration to wording

I feel quite lucky then! I have been with Working Links for a year.

The most I get though are 2 minute appointments every few weeks, with sometimes, 3 or 4 months gap between as they keep changing advisors for some reason. And to think they are likely being paid per week for having me on the books.

They have been as much use as a chocolate teapot. All they care about are Work Trials, because they get their bonuses for them - to the point that employers come in wanting to interview people on the books, for real, paid jobs, and get persuaded by working links, to go for work trials instead, because then WL can make lots of bonus money by sending loads of candidates for months.

When I started with them, I filled in all the paperwork including detailed medical stuff, since I cannot do certain work due to problems.

A shoulder injury (I was assaulted, knocked to floor and one "horizontal" Bone was wrenched out of place, so while a fit shoulder, your bones lie on top of each other, mine has a very large gap, complete with a massive lump sticking up out of my shoulder) I have trapped nerves causing numbness in my left hand (the side of the injury) caused either by an admin job in a warehouse, where despite my injury I was forced to do manual labour, or by the botched Physiotherapy I had - Physio told me my x ray showed no skeletal injury so I must have a pulled ligament. Having returned home to Wales, I had an app with a consultant, who did a new x ray, and even I could see the injury!!

I have Neuropathy on toes on both feet, which I suspect is spreading to other parts which seems to be causing balance problems, and difficulties standing for long times.

So they knew all this, and rang me up excited because they had found me a work trial!

Lifting and moving heavy boxes in a warehouse. When at the moment I struggle taking the weight of a shopping bag......... Idiots

So then they rang offering me a work trial... as a Chef in a busy restaurant.

err, why? I asked bemused

"because you have a food hygiene certificate"

Apparantly, that qualifies me to be a Chef and not, like I thought to simply work in food factories, or helping out as a kitchen porter.

How on earth can people be advising jobseekers when they don't even know what a particular qualification means?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Feebee_71,

Just taken anoth look at what you said aqbove with the emphasis on If you are then allocated hardship payments you would receive 60% of the usual amount of JSA - around £40:50 a week for the length of your sanction. If................... does that mean they can refuse to even provide you with enough for basic food then??

Also I have a health condition so I am able to take my support worker with me so that could be interesting -) has anyone any experience of this?

regrards

bbest

Hi bbest,

If you were to find yourself sanctioned (for whatever reason) then you can put in a claim for hardship payments due to no other income, depending on whether you are currently on JSA (CB) you have to put in a claim for JSA (IB) and then apply for the hardship payments on the grounds of having no other income and, that by not receiving hardship payments you would not be able to access basic needs such as food, heat and energy and clothing (or something like that!). If you are then allocated hardship payments you would receive 60% of the usual amount of JSA - around £40:50 a week for the length of your sanction - and you have to continue going in and signing on as usual during the sanction period.

Feebee_71

Short term sanctions do not qualify for hardship payments.

Seriously Silky,

Thanks for the additional info. My knowledge has been gleened from receiving a sanction of 17 weeks - though I only know because I was told over the phone when querying why my money hadn't been paid (from before the start of the sanction period!)

I was subsequently changed to ESA due to a back injury so never got as far as making the claim for hardship.

Feebee_71

Hi Feebee_71,

Just taken anoth look at what you said aqbove with the emphasis on If you are then allocated hardship payments you would receive 60% of the usual amount of JSA - around £40:50 a week for the length of your sanction. If................... does that mean they can refuse to even provide you with enough for basic food then??

Also I have a health condition so I am able to take my support worker with me so that could be interesting -) has anyone any experience of this?

regrards

bbest

bbest,

I said if because the decision to award gardship payments are made by human beings and I think errors can happen!

Feebee_71

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I attended my first Ingeus appointment about 6 weeks ago. This is a short description of my experiences with Ingeus...

First appointment:

25-30 minutes talking about myself (NOT MUCH TO SAY!) hahaha. And we talked about my C.V which I then emailed to Ingeus at home.

Second appointment:

I turned up at 4pm to be told that my advisor was ill, so I was only at the Ingeus office for 5 minutes. Thanks for calling me INGEUS!

Third appointment:

25-30 minutes (seems to be their average time) Well anyway we talked more about my C.V and my advisor had updated a few little bits. He then printed me off 6-7 job centre jobs, which I could have done at home!!!

Fourth appointment:

Before I had attended this appointment I had an offer of a work trial from a local restaurant. I had attended an interview with the restaurant on the Saturday, and they wanted me to do a work trial on the Sunday. I bought a black shirt and black trousers, and turned up for the trial on the Sunday. After arriving I was told I would have to work 8 hours unpaid. I refused this offer, as the restaurant manager had told me there would be no definite job at the end of the trial.

On attending my fourth Ingeus appointment and telling my advisor, my advisor was adamant that I should have taken the unpaid work trial. After explaining my situation he began to become slightly aggressive with me and searched his computer for the restaurant phone number. He then passed me his phone for me to call them! His attitude stunk! Ingeus have done F%$K all for me, yet they seem to want to take all the credit for finding you a job. I never phoned the restaurant as I refused due to a small argument I had with the restaurant. But my point is, if I had received a job out of the restaurant Ingeus would have taken full credit.

Fifth appointment:

I had another job centre job search (WOOOPIE DOO!). I then asked about travel money due to my friend mentioning I was entitled to it. My advisor then sorted everything out, and apologised for not mentioning I was entitled to it at a previous meeting. I only received £2 petrol instead of £10 for the previous meetings ect.

He said the case needs to be brought up on the day of the meeting, yet they have funding for if you have an interview. So I will have a nice day trip to London which is 250 miles from me! Hahahaha.

Sorry to waffle on so much, but I f$%King hate this Ingeus with a passion! They have done nothing for me at all. I used to complain about the job centre. But they actually do more for you than these silly little agencies.

I DONT WANT INGEUS TO TAKE ANY CREDIT WHEN I FIND A JOB! If I find a job, it will be me that finds it NOT INGEUS!

I am trying to figure out how I can sort all the paper work out when I do find a job. I was thinking about filling in my job centre book with:-

Reason for signing off...

Going on a 2 month holiday, or something like that. I don’t want to put down I have found a job as I don’t want Ingeus to get any credit what so ever.

Do you think this would work? ;)

Edited by Masso

It makes me feel even worse about Ingeus. Why should Ingeus make between £4000-13,700 when I find myself a job!

I have read further articles online of people being forced to apply for any job as the staff who work for Ingeus are told to force any job on a client. It’s all about numbers and so that Ingeus and other agencies can make money! It’s not about client happiness and looking after clients needs.

My first post just proves that Ingeus will do anything they can to force you into a job. Like they tried forcing me to take the unpaid work trial THAT I FOUND MYSELF! Yet Ingeus would take every credit for me getting that job.

It’s a shame that I am forced to stay on this Ingeus placement for 2 years. I 100% want to get myself back into work, but I don’t want Ingeus getting any credit what so ever. It would be different if Ingeus actually helped me find work and actually phoned potential employers for me.

But all they seem to do is print me job centre jobs which I could do at home...

Edited by Masso

Ingeus attended in Notts - I, like a number of contributors on here, am over 40, have a really good and high level work background. But, the job situtation out there at present is horrific. I have repeatedly asked Ingeus if they will help me gather other skills say my First Aid, Basic Hygiene Cert - they are only interested in getting you into work - so although I argue that these would expand my work base (I am a financial, admin person by career) I keep getting a NO! Initially I was attending fortnightly, then monthly, I am now back to fortnightly as they obviously are under pressure to get me into work. I want to work, I need to work, but they are not able to offer anything I can't do myself with regards to jobsearch, CV,s and applications. Ingeus get £400 for every 25+ that is placed onto their programme, so it isn't as if they don't have funds (my funding allowance is apparently £100 and I know I have decimated that by going to interviews in London 150 miles away and claiming back my travel from them). The other annoyance is that they get up to £14,700 if you get work whilst with them (needless to say I won't be allowing that to happen - I will put that when I get a job I am actually going travelling or something). I find the staff at Ingeus young and patronising and totally out of their depth with the intelligent, work hard, highly qualified and experienced claimants that they are now seeing. I have an appointment today - I will be pushing again for course attendance - if I get a 3rd no (and JCPlus have confirmed they are the ones to ask) I am going to do my nut!

If thats what you want to put down ten you can, also if you wanted to you could just declare that you no longer wanted to claim JSA for personal reasons! They may try to phone you when the JCP office notify them that you have closed your claim to try to establish what your reasons are (Ingenue not JCp!) but you are under noobligation to advise them!