TV License, watching recorded programmes on freesat

flyte
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, a quick question, do I need a TV license to watch old programmes through a freesat box ?

My wife watches a couple of American cookery programmes made years ago, these obviously cant be "live" and they are broadcast by foreign channels via satellite.

Surely the BBC dont have the right to make me pay for pre-recorded programmes not made or broadcast by them ?

If you watch them as they are being broadcast live then yes, you need a TV License. Who made or is broadcasting the programmes is immaterial.

It doesn't matter if the show is just a repeat, what matters is that you are watching a live transmission, not a live show.

Ah ok, that just sucks but comes as no surprise. Its a bit like me owning a fish shop and saying "oh, by the way, I now own everything in the sea", "if you buy fish from anywhere you must pay me a fee". In the 20's it was called racketeering.

There's nothing connected to my TV now but I have a mountain of DVD's and music, I've become so disillusioned by the lies and censorship of the BBC news broadcasts that I'm actually ashamed to have ever contributed to this bunch of thieves.

its being broadcast and you are recording it in real time

so you are watching a 'live feed'

DVD's and music are already recorded to a medium and you've purchased them = eQ of the real time record licence fee..copyright

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...