Allied International Credit DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, thought I would post this incase any of you are having dealings with this Glasgow based DCA.

Allied International Credit (UK) Ltd or AIC, are not very competant. Which we all know is a pre-requisite for being a DCA.

Yesterday OH rec'd a card stating that AIC's client (in this case LLoyds), has informed them that full payment must be made immediately. Ok nothing different here...apart from OH was made BR a few months ago!!!!!

Then, on the same day as receiving the card, I receive a phone call asking OH to call them urgently on a "personal business matter".

I advise AIC that OH was made BR by their client in May 07.

They say "I know, but we still need to speak to him"

Well actually AIC, you are unable to speak with OH, as OH has no debts, and does not owe you or your client any money, and is not allowed to discuss this or any other matter with you.

MUPPETS.

Would have loved this one to go to court....sadly, don't think it will get to court as OH phoned them back, and was a tad sarcastic, and they hung up on him.

So if any of you receive anything from AIC - dont panic.

Think they need to learn how to do their job properly!!!

• Haha 2

Just a note to say that she in glass houses should not throw stones, as AIC registered office is in Basingstoke. Red's muppet status restored. Might see if they have any jobs going for me. Takes a muppet to know one!!

LOL

Red

I blame Lloyds really. They seem to like using these muppets. I gave up bothering to reply to anything AIC send me a long time ago (it's a waste of a stamp).

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Its only really now that I can really acknowledge just how incompetant these DCAs are!

And would Lloyds really be that dim to pass on a debt? Especially as they have a special invitation next monday to a creditors meeting following OHs BR?!

I agree CB, nothing suprises me any more where DCAs are concerned!

Oh well, it made me laugh so thats a bonus. And that was without a tickle :p

hi

i've had dealings with AIC also, (recently sent a CCA request to them). Lloyds passed my credit card debt onto them about 4 years ago and periodically over the years I've had letters from them offering me a one-off reduced payment with the promise that I will never hear from them again followed by a letter from them a week later saying that they will not accept my offer of a reduced payment!:rolleyes::p they don't seem very bright!

• 1 year later...
Its only really now that I can really acknowledge just how incompetant these DCAs are!

And would Lloyds really be that dim to pass on a debt? Especially as they have a special invitation next monday to a creditors meeting following OHs BR?!

I agree CB, nothing suprises me any more where DCAs are concerned!

Oh well, it made me laugh so thats a bonus. And that was without a tickle :p

Well, it seems that the banks don't really care who they pass the debt data to as long as they get paid for it. So it may well end up with Allied International Credit DCA.

The banks have already declared these debts to be a bad debt (in most cases) and they have written the debt off. They have the compensation for this from the insurance covering bad debts and they have also got the "tax break" from HMRC by offsetting this loss against their profits.

But they also sell on the data on the debt (i.e. your identity, phone number, address etc.) because it gets them a few more quid (usually they sell the data for about 10% of the full account value, sometimes less, sometimes much less if the data has been sold from one DCA to another).

So why are the banks allowed to sell on data for dead debts?

HMRC recognise this as a dead debt (hence the tax break). Do banks regard themselves as a higher authority than the Crown?

The debt is DEAD - so how on earth are they allow to sell information regarding that dead debt?

What we need is a new law - a Debt Data Assignment Act - to prevent this data from being sold to muppets like Allied International Credit DCA in the first place.

Any MPs or law lords reading this?

:). The 3 Minute Balance Transfer. Concise 7 page ebook shows you how to save thousands with a simple service anyone can use. The service is free to use and the ebook is free to members of this forum.

• 10 months later...

hi

i've had dealings with AIC also, (recently sent a CCA request to them). Lloyds passed my credit card debt onto them about 4 years ago and periodically over the years I've had letters from them offering me a one-off reduced payment with the promise that I will never hear from them again followed by a letter from them a week later saying that they will not accept my offer of a reduced payment!rolleyes.giftongue2.gif they don't seem very bright!

Hi Maggieboo!

I am also interested in the results of your CCA request - Keep us posted

Now back to AIC. I had one of my ever so polite conversations with them this morning. No issues, but as a result, I decided to google their name in. As AIC, I got very little other than their website and of course a referral to this forum.

I then googled in: Allied International Credit. On the top of the list I saw www.moneymanagersuk.co.uk/, so I had a look. They specifically refer to AIC and all people who have bad experiences or are being chased by AIC, and they promise to speak to AIC on your behalf to reduce your payments and even reduce your debt to zero.

Be warned!!! Yes they are muppets, and the real muppets would be insulted if we compared them with this lot. On the website I decided to look at their contact information, and much to my surprise, I found the same company name and address as AIC in Glasgow give you.

There is a slight case of conflict of interest I would say, and I wonder if this is illegal. The company that offers to help you with your debts (for a very stiff fee of course!!!!) is offering to help you to reduce your debts with themselves!!!! Maybe one of the guru's can have a look at this and report it to the FSO if I am right. I don't think I have enough knowledge on this subject to do this, but it would be interesting

Good luck with your CCA request and keep us posted please

DoubleU

Edited by DoubleU
Misquote on website and html fault in smilies

I then googled in: Allied International Credit. On the top of the list I saw www.moneymanagersuk.co.uk/, so I had a look. They specifically refer to AIC and all people who have bad experiences or are being chased by AIC, and they promise to speak to AIC on your behalf to reduce your payments and even reduce your debt to zero.

I tried the same but didn't get that result at all.

AIC has a Glasgow office but their Registered office is in Basingstoke.

Money Managers' website gives their registered office as being in Derbyshire.

There does not seem to be any connection between the two.

Checking AIC's website shows that it is a Canadian company with operations in the US and UK. I wonder if that explains their aggressive approach to debt collecting.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Well, my word, I am flabbergasted and have to apologise to MoneymanagersUK.co.uk. I have no idea what happened when I googled it, I cannot find the page I landed on back, neither under AIC nor under Allied International. So, herewith an unequivocal withdrawal of the statement I made earlier.(see post 9) MoneymanagersUK.co.uk and AIC are not connected (apparently) my apologies to fellow caggers and thanks to Palomino. Shows you how careful you must be in this game.

DoubleU

Aah, Royds and AIC - no two entities in the entire financial sector are as stupid as these two.

Just had a CPR request and CCA request both sent to AIC returned by Lloyds. Lloyds state that they know nothing of the account and don't have any records BUT if I would like to forward them copies of correspondence and documentation I hold this might help them be able to recreate whoops can't believe I said that erm LOCATE the account.:rolleyes:

I suggest they may be waiting some time.

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

I CCA'd AIC and sent letters yesterday. I am waiting with baited breath. The more I see from these muppets the more I like it. Just had one of the DCA's on the phone. Told them that I do not wish to speak to them anymore and that if they wanted anything they could write. He was asking why I suddenly sent a CCA request and suggested that I was trying to wriggle out of paying my debt. Yeah right! I told him 'of course not. I do not wriggle out of any debts, but I am in the process of organising my financial life, and found I have no documentation, hence my request!' He was not a happy puppy and threatened, you know, repo, bailiffs, enforcement orders and all the usual. I just think that he was trying it on because he can't produce. One day down - 13 to go!! Patience!!

DoubleU

Just a quick update . . . .

6 sent - one returned including pucker Credit agreement (including ppp) Need to check this on legality but all seems in order - just goes to show that you cannot win them all. Also shows that in the case of Aktive Kapital First Investment - are not as big a muppet as they are painted - they did have the agreement and although I need it to be checked, it seems in good order. more to follow . . . . .

DoubleU

Hi

Had two messages on 9th Feb 2010, from AIC, one on the mobile and one on the landline asking me to contact them. They quote a referrence number, although it is an automated message. Do i contact these people or not. Any advise on the best way forward would be appreciated.

Thanx Smouk for answering my above questions.

NO! Absolutely DO NOT contact them via telephone. Keep it exclusively in writing. If they phone, and you get someone human - I mean this in a very broad sense (not an automated call, I mean) - refuse to continue the call and hang up.

Take it from me - AIC have nothing to say that's worth listening to.

Edited by F_DCAs