Car insurance pricing model

NadJ
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2325 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I live in an area of NE London where the theft of new Mercs and BMWs is an every day occurrence. The police now quite literally decide not to give a toss. They do not even show up to view CCTV imagery. Father in law had his stolen, sister-in-law's father-in-law also had his attempted to be stolen twice in 2 weeks and today I learned the owner of a small lettings business had his stolen and stripped down whilst the thieves attempted to find a tracker (causing £12,000 worth of damage). The police have now stated they don't have the time or resources to come down, perform forensics or investigate. For this last one, a crime reference number was given on the phone and the victim was asked not to bother coming in and just deal with the insurance company..

It's a f***ing pandemic and the s**tty security behind £50k vehicles has got to be one of the biggest scandals today. Yet, idiots refuse to accept the reality and continue to buy this garbage.

I drive a 10 year old car but am paying a premium for living in a "high risk area". Last year, my insurance was £950, this year £1,200 despite no changes on my part. 1.5 miles down the road I can get insurance for £800. Out of all the thefts over the last year, I seriously doubt 10 year old cars were targeted. I seriously doubt Ford Focus' and Vauxhall Corsas' were on the thieves' list. Yet we all suffer...

My question is WHY? Why do I have to suffer for the expensive choices about 1% of the local population make? Why not increase the insurance premiums for those who decide to buy £50k cars with mediocre levels of security? The answer is of course that no one would then buy those vehicles, and the insurance companies wouldn't have any premium customers and the motor trade itself would suffer because the ****ty cars they sell would not be insurable. So what can someone like me do about this short of moving out of the area? Where can we start in order to have this car insurance company practice of spreading the burden on to the entire local population looked at? Any ideas?

Thanks

You know it is a risk premium business model taking into account personal and wider factors, so it is a case of shopping around. A local Insurance brokers might be best option. Not a large chain like Swinton, who are owned by a large Insurance company, but an established local Insurance brokers that deals with Insurance for people where you live. Towergate ( largest UK brokers) are worth trying, as they have access to many different Insurers.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I have another question

Is it not possible to construct a post without using asterisk'ed out expletives?

We know you are a bit cheesed off but it is eminently possible to get your point across without swearing.

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.