Middlesbrough Council PCN at Business Parking Bay.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5802 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'll try to keep this as brief as possible.

The company that I work for has one business parking permit to park a vehicle in one of the bays situated on a busy main road.

Today I tried to use the permit to park my car, but was told that the permit was mistakenly taken to another office.

I parked in the permit bay and used a company letterhead explaining what had happened and for the parking warden to call into the office if there were any problems.

Just after lunch I looked out of the window and saw the warden placing the PCN on my windscreen.

I rushed over to the warden and asked if he had seen the company letter head explaining the situation and that the company were genuine permit holders (issued by the council btw).

The warden said he did not care.

I also asked him why he did'nt call into the office and asked me to move the car if he thought I was committing a parking offence (as my details were on the vehicle), he said he was not at liberty to go into peoples businesses in a rather snotty officious tone.

My blood was starting to boil and I walked away before I said or did something I would regret later.

I now have the permit which I will photocopy.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Write to the issuing authority and explain what has happened.

Enclose the valid permit as proof that you have one. State that as you have now provided sufficient evidence that you have permission to park there , would they exersice discretion and cancell the pcn.

jb000 I have stated this a few times now, the secrtetary of state has stated that local authorities MUST use discretion where necessary. This includes situations where a valid permit could not be seen but is then susequently produced.

Post back for more help.

Edited by nero12

This a council ticket or a PPC one ?

It was a council parking ticket.

Thanks for the replies. I have decided I will take this further.

I will be writing to Middlesbrough Council disputing the PCN and also send them a colour photocopy of the original permit, to prove the company has the permit and a copy of the company letterhead with the written explanation to the warden.

I'll will post details of the outcome.

It was a council parking ticket.

Thanks for the replies. I have decided I will take this further.

I will be writing to Middlesbrough Council disputing the PCN and also send them a colour photocopy of the original permit, to prove the company has the permit and a copy of the company letterhead with the written explanation to the warden.

I'll let you all know the outcome.

Can I just suggest something,

Include in your letter that if they do not cancell the ticket under the discretion rule, could they kindly explain why. Aslo ask for the written policy document they have draughted as per secretary of states instructions if they do not have one they must provide an explanation, this can be used against the la.