fit4less gym cancellation Harlands success ?

nino157
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

First off thank you all for your advise on the site it has come in useful for me but I could do with a little more help if thats ok.

I recently cancelled my membership with a gym called fitness4less. When I joined they said all i had to do was cancel my direct debit to cancel my membership and foolishly I took this at face value. I cancelled and then received the letter for Harlands saying I owed a months money + an admin fee.

After a quick google search I found you guys and the letter from Slick. I amended it, sent it off and a couple of days ago I received a letter from Harlands. It seems to have done the trick but this is where I could use some more advice. The letter read,

Dear Mr *****

Ref# ******

Further to you recent letter to our office.

We thank you for sending in this information Harlands can confirm that the amount to cancel for the 30 days notice is £19.99. Please forward this payment over payable to Harlands as soon as you can.

We hope to find this in order

Yours sincerely

Harlands

As you can see they haven't given me any way to pay so my question is what do I do next? I'm happy to the £19.99 to draw a line under the whole thing but was wondering about the best way to go about it.

Call them up or write asking for payment details?

Thank you in advance for your help and for putting all this good info out there for people like me!

Ni

same details as the DD?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Nino and welcome to CAG

I suggest you write to Harlands (get free Cert of Posting) saying to them :-

Please confirm that my payment of £19.99 will be accepted by Harlands on behalf of Fitness4Less in full settlement of all that I owe.

Please also confirm your bank a/c information so I can make the final payment.

Let us know how they reply.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys

So I sent off the letter and got this reply.

Dear Mr ****

Ref ****

Further to your recent letter to out offices

Please make your final payment of £19.99 by cheque, postal order or over the telephone on the number provided below.

We hope you find this in order

Yours sincerley

Harlands.

It appears Harlands are willing to draw a line under the matter which is fine with me so i'll be paying via a postal order.

I'd like to thank you guys for your help in this matter. Thank you very much! The time you take to do this is much appreciated.

All the best

Ni

Hi Nino,

Harlands have said " ........ make your final payment ........ " which confirms adequately they'll accept the pay't in settlement of all that you owe.

I'd pay by cheque if you can but use a PO if you prefer.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)