Experto Credite and old RBS debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3299 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had lost my job and made an arrangement to pay RBS via their collection agent £5.00 since 2003.

In 2008 as I got a highly paid temp job, I made a written arrangement with collections agents .

Bryan Carter for full and final payment in settling the obligation by paying about 65% of the outstanding.

I have been contacted by RBS and Experto Credite on the debt that I settled under an arrangement

paying a lower amount in 2008 via the previous collection agents Bryan Carter.

I stopped paying my had not heard anything, received a statement of account or any communication until

I received a letter dated 12 Jan 2015 when they asked me to provide them with a statement of income and expenditure to make a payment arrangement.

I then received another letter dated the same stating that their agents had been trying and could not contact me in relation to the debt.

It also informed me that they were changing agents to Experto Credite.

I had unfortunate performed a clear out at the end of the year, throwing away documents for which the statute of limitations, 6 years had clearly expired.

I explained the situation and sent the statute barred debt letter to them.

They produced a RBS statement of a receipt of £5.00 in 5th December 2013.

I do not recall making this and they cannot produce the paying-in evidence.

Experto credite has stated that if I wish to rely on agents’ records

I would have to a Subject Access Request to the previous agents and pay the fee.

They and RBS have not provided evidence that I paid that amount.

They only have a brought forward amount that is undated and then a credit of £5.00 applied on 5th December 2013.

I have responded that the entry could be the result of a journal entry and they have not produced evidence that it was I who paid.

They also have not stated anything about corresponding with the previous agent, Bryan Carter, who would have the paying-in slip if I had paid in that money.

They also want me to provide evidence of the settlement that had taken place more than 6 years’ ago.

I was considering escalating the matter to the FCA. Any advice?

right so you got had by carter on a debt you prob never owed?

what was the debt a bank account OD I bet?

and now expert are claiming you still owe 'something' to RBS

on the expert letter

who do they state their client is please?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They say the the account is with RBS

The debt was an old credit card bill.

It was paid off more than 6 years ago under a negotiated discount.

Because it was over 6 years ago, my docs are no longer there - I had a clutter clean-out.

There was a CCJ for some arrears in 2005 for a misunderstanding on the PPI attached but I settled this in full and the CCJ was struck off/cleared. It is possible that under the current PPI situation I would not have had to setlle.