PCN received from Europark after spending all day in retail park

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1985 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi site team and caggers, long time now speak..

you'll be pleased to know I've been mostly keeping myself out of trouble.

I've received a PCN from Euro Park for £90 after spending the day shopping with my mum.

There were no noticeable signs saying that you can only stay for a limited amount of time so we shopped for several hours and then ate there in the evening.

We spent £4500 in that retail park that day.

They do have photographic evidence saw my registration on the letter.

I ignored the first letter but they have sent a final warning letter now.

What should I do?

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

It always seems counter productive to me that stores go along with restricting motorists to a certain time in their car parks especially when they are already struggling against their competitors on the internet.

First thing is not to pay the ticket. Then get on the phone to the Head offices of each company where you spent the lion's share of your purchases and complain. Ask them why you should shop there and be harassed by the crooks that run the car parks when you could stay at home and get everything on line.

Aancel nd threaten them that you will not only complain about your treatment on Facebook, twitter etc but you will cacel your credit card payment, return the goods and get what you want elsewhere.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

They dont go along with it really. They have little choice as its the landowner, or rather the PPC barking orders.

Take Cheshire Oaks for example. Theres a restriction on time there, but its very easy to exceed it given the size of the place, and the lack of car parking spaces, so you cant drive off to another spot.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

the stores dont get to have a say in this at all, it is the retail park developer that invites these bandits to run amok.

Now get all your receipts together and put them in time order.

Find out who the developer is and see if they have an office at that retail park.

get on to them and tell them that you are going to return all of the goods purchased as a point of principle and make it clear via social media why this is.

email copy of receipts to their office and tell them that you expect them to either meet them their with a camera crew in tow or tell the parking bandits to cancel.

Write to all of the store you purchased stuff from and tell them that you are doing this as well unless they all tell the developers to stop allowing the parking bandits from ripping off their customers in this way.

Point out that every store visit is a separate event so there wasnt an actual overstay but merely a number of unlogged separate visits as the Anpr isnt fit for purpose.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Hi Caggers... also long time no speak... I wondered if I could join in and have a moan about parking tickets...

In my case, I'm guilty, though... this happened just 10 minutes ago... I stopped my car on a taxi rank to post a letter...was less than a minute and see he's already taking a pic of my car... I sat in the car whist he finished writing it out, apologising all the while, then he chucked the ticket through my open window and said 'See you in court'

I just feel so annoyed at the rudeness... he entered the worng make of car, too!

Sorry to gatecrash... I can't find the right place to start a thread.

Kind regards, Dookist.

Start a new thread of your own please

And complete the private parking sticky too

If this was private or council??

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...