• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

alliance and leicester ppi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5434 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello...about 3-4 years i took out a loan with alliance and leicester , paid it off last year, shredded all the paperwork and thought nothing else of it. about 4 weeks ago i received a letter concerning ppi but since i never take anything like that out, i just ignored it. this week i received a second letter implying that i did have ppi with my loan and i may be entitled to a refund. basically my query regards what my next step should be. i dony want to contact a+l just yet as i have already explained i dont have any paperwork concerning the loan. any advice on what to do next would be gratefully appreciated..many thanks.

Hello zcars

hello...about 3-4 years i took out a loan with alliance and leicester , paid it off last year, shredded all the paperwork and thought nothing else of it. about 4 weeks ago i received a letter concerning ppi but since i never take anything like that out, i just ignored it. this week i received a second letter implying that i did have ppi with my loan and i may be entitled to a refund. basically my query regards what my next step should be. i dony want to contact a+l just yet as i have already explained i dont have any paperwork concerning the loan. any advice on what to do next would be gratefully appreciated..many thanks.

Do you still have the letter they sent?

and if so what information are they offering without going into personal details like names, addressess. sort codes, account numbers etc

If they are offering a refund as they will be

see this link... A&L?s £7 million PPI fine is a good start

If they have sent letters and contacted you then the chances are you are going to get your money back..

read the above don't tell anyone and if you have that letter keep it safe and tell them you are one of the mis-sold PPI holders

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hello zcars,

Perhaps you were one of the thousands that were unaware ppi was on your loan.:-D

Can type up what the letter actually says, remove all personal details:D

My daughter has just successfully reclaimed her mis-sold ppi, life insurance and gap insurances from them with one letter

You could always send them a SAR costing £10 to get all information relating to the account.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

thanks for the swift replies.. heres a summary of both letters i've had recently.

This letter is important and requires your careful consideration.

Dear Mr xxxxxx

Your Loan Protection Policy

The Financial Services Authority has identified problems with our Payment Protection Insurance sales process for unsecured loans on an advised basis through our telephone sales channel between 14 january 2005 to 31 december 2007.

You need to review your policy and your situation. If you think you are affected by the issues covered in this letter, contact us immeadiately.

Depending on your circumstances you may be entitled to a refund.

the letter then goes on to give some key points about the loan protection policy.

the second letter i recieved goes like this.

Dear Mr xxxxxx

We recently wrote to you concerning the PPI policy which was sold to you alongside your personal loan.

If you think(i)any of the issues in our letter applied to you,(ii)you have any concerns regarding the purchase of your PPI policy and whether it was suitable for your needs or(iii) you have any questions about the sales process or the cover provided please contact our dedicated team on xxxx xxx xxxx quoting the referance number at the top right hand corner of this letter.

thats a quick summary of the letters .

thanks for the swift replies.. heres a summary of both letters i've had recently.

This letter is important and requires your careful consideration.

Dear Mr xxxxxx

The Financial Services Authority has identified problems with our Payment Protection Insurance sales process for unsecured loans on an advised basis through our telephone sales channel between 14 january 2005 to 31 december 2007.

You need to review your policy and your situation. If you think you are affected by the issues covered in this letter, contact us immeadiately.

Depending on your circumstances you may be entitled to a refund.

the letter then goes on to give some key points about the loan protection policy.

the second letter i recieved goes like this.

Dear Mr xxxxxx

We recently wrote to you concerning the PPI policy which was sold to you alongside your personal loan.

If you think(i)any of the issues in our letter applied to you,(ii)you have any concerns regarding the purchase of your PPI policy and whether it was suitable for your needs or(iii) you have any questions about the sales process or the cover provided please contact our dedicated team on xxxx xxx xxxx quoting the referance number at the top right hand corner of this letter.

thats a quick summary of the letters .

Well they obviously think that you had ppi attached to the loan, so what you waiting for:-D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

How come HSBC letter that i received late last year concerning PPI did not suggest that there are/were problems with their PPI & heres a refund?:(

Debt Free Since 1st September 2009:D

Target Savings For 2010 = £1000:)

Savings So Far = £700:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Alliance and leicester have now been in touch with me , offering a refund of the money owed. To quote A&L, HAVING CONSIDERED THE AVAILABLE INFORMATION ,WE HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO ESTABLISH WHETHER YOU WERE PROVIDED WITH SUFFICIENT DETAILS TO ALLOW YOU TO MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION WHEN THIS POLICY WAS TAKEN OUT. the problem i have is that i flatly refused ppi when taking out the loan.I stated this to A&L when i first made contact with them.I think their offer should reflect the fact that my money was stolen ,(am i being greedy?).I want to reject their offer.I have 28 days, from the 2nd april to accept the offer.Any advice on my next move will be gratefully appreciated.......peter

Alliance and leicester have now been in touch with me , offering a refund of the money owed. (is that all of the money premiums paid over xx months and the interest on those payments?)To quote A&L, HAVING CONSIDERED THE AVAILABLE INFORMATION ,WE HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO ESTABLISH WHETHER YOU WERE PROVIDED WITH SUFFICIENT DETAILS TO ALLOW YOU TO MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION WHEN THIS POLICY WAS TAKEN OUT. the problem i have is that i flatly refused ppi when taking out the loan.I stated this to A&L when i first made contact with them.I think their offer should reflect the fact that my money was stolen ,(am i being greedy?).I want to reject their offer.I have 28 days, from the 2nd april to accept the offer.Any advice on my next move will be gratefully appreciated.......peter (Only you can make the choice of acceptance or rejection once you know how much their written offer is)

You could refuse and go via the FOS and then Court if need be. I refused an offer from RBS put in a complaint to FOS and got an additional £1.2K in interest.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 2 weeks later...

my brother in laws mum had the same letter, and so I wrote to them for her asking for all premiums paid to date plus the interest to be refunded.....hopefully she will get something back from that....:D

Forsure

** One woman crusade against the rip off lenders ! **

I didn't receive the letter from them concerning my loans.I wrote to them asking for my ppi and apr interest charged. I received the same letter from them saying i hadn't been provided with sufficient details, i received all i'd asked for.

I think they would rather pay up, than go to court!

MY WINS PENALTY CHARGES

BARCLAYS SETTLED IN FULL DAYS BEFORE COURT

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL AFTER LBA

RBS SETTLED IN FULL AFTER PRELIM

GE MONEY (RIVER ISLAND CARD) IN FULL AFTER REQUEST FOR REPAYMENT

IKANO (OASIS CARD) IN FULL AFTER A LONG HARD SLOG NO COURT CLAIM ISSUED

MY WINS PAYMENT PROTECTION INSURANCE

ALLIANCE AND LEICESTER IN FULL + 8% INTEREST

RBS credit cards x2 in full without any interest

CURRENT CLAIMS

RBS AGAIN PENALTY CHARGES (confirmed hardship case)

GE MONEY PPI (breach of sars sent)

RBS CREDIT CARDS PENALTY CHARGES(declined)

HALIFAX MORTGAGE PROTECTION PLAN (declined)

HALIFAX CREDIT CARD CHARGES(no reply)

I didn't receive the letter from them concerning my loans.I wrote to them asking for my ppi and apr interest charged. I received the same letter from them saying i hadn't been provided with sufficient details, i received all i'd asked for.

I think they would rather pay up, than go to court!

Do you have a copy of the letter that you sent? I am in the process of trying to get information out of them for a loan that i had with them a while ago but so far nitto, i have sent them various details, previous addressess etc on 23rd March but have not heard nothing.

Debt Free Since 1st September 2009:D

Target Savings For 2010 = £1000:)

Savings So Far = £700:lol:

Do you have a copy of the letter that you sent? I am in the process of trying to get information out of them for a loan that i had with them a while ago but so far nitto, i have sent them various details, previous addressess etc on 23rd March but have not heard nothing.

I sent them the letter in the stickys its a sars request for ppi. Do you have your own thread, that way people will come help you on your quest ?

MY WINS PENALTY CHARGES

BARCLAYS SETTLED IN FULL DAYS BEFORE COURT

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL AFTER LBA

RBS SETTLED IN FULL AFTER PRELIM

GE MONEY (RIVER ISLAND CARD) IN FULL AFTER REQUEST FOR REPAYMENT

IKANO (OASIS CARD) IN FULL AFTER A LONG HARD SLOG NO COURT CLAIM ISSUED

MY WINS PAYMENT PROTECTION INSURANCE

ALLIANCE AND LEICESTER IN FULL + 8% INTEREST

RBS credit cards x2 in full without any interest

CURRENT CLAIMS

RBS AGAIN PENALTY CHARGES (confirmed hardship case)

GE MONEY PPI (breach of sars sent)

RBS CREDIT CARDS PENALTY CHARGES(declined)

HALIFAX MORTGAGE PROTECTION PLAN (declined)

HALIFAX CREDIT CARD CHARGES(no reply)

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone had any success with this ?

I received a letter from A&L at the end of February saying that I had not been given enough info on PPI and that I was entitled to some money back as a result. So I agreed to the amount they offered and sent back their form asking for the money back. That was at the end of February and since then I've not heard anything from them. I've phoned them three times to ask where the money is, and have sent them a letter, all to no avail. Has anybody else had this problem?

hello coffeemug,

better to start your own personal thread it makes life easier trying to keep track in individual situations if you see what I mean.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=111

click this link give your own personal thread a suitable title and away you go.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 2 weeks later...
I received a letter from A&L at the end of February saying that I had not been given enough info on PPI and that I was entitled to some money back as a result. So I agreed to the amount they offered and sent back their form asking for the money back. That was at the end of February and since then I've not heard anything from them. I've phoned them three times to ask where the money is, and have sent them a letter, all to no avail. Has anybody else had this problem?

I have had this same problem - I have been waiting three months now for my cheque after several phone calls - all that I get is that A & L are till processing this and they cannot tell me when payment wil be made? :-x

I think I may go to the FO?

Any advice? :confused:

"I hate to break it to you, but there is no big lie, there is no system, the universe is indifferent"

Don Draper, Mad Men

I have had this same problem - I have been waiting three months now for my cheque after several phone calls - all that I get is that A & L are till processing this and they cannot tell me when payment wil be made? :-x

I think I may go to the FO?

Any advice? :confused:

Thank you so much for your response - at least I know now other people are in the same position. I suspect probably quite a few other people. A&L told me exactly the same thing when I phoned them. It's all very well the FSA telling them they have to pay back people who were forced to take out PPI without proper details being given, but is anyone actually checking whether A&L are actually paying out I wonder?

hello coffeemug,

better to start your own personal thread it makes life easier trying to keep track in individual situations if you see what I mean.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ewthread&f=111

click this link give your own personal thread a suitable title and away you go.

aa

You will need to start your own thread to prevent interference to established threads. Posting your own case on another forume is against the site rules. So please start your own thread.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Thank you so much for your response - at least I know now other people are in the same position. I suspect probably quite a few other people. A&L told me exactly the same thing when I phoned them. It's all very well the FSA telling them they have to pay back people who were forced to take out PPI without proper details being given, but is anyone actually checking whether A&L are actually paying out I wonder?

Oh dear !!! I hve just got an award from A & L on behalf of my sister in laws, in laws...........

Can we expect to wait the same amount of time ? Or is it reasonable to request they submit the refund by direct credit transfer ??

Forsure

Oh dear !!! I hve just got an award from A & L on behalf of my sister in laws, in laws...........

Can we expect to wait the same amount of time ? Or is it reasonable to request they submit the refund by direct credit transfer ??

You could try - but I wouldn't hold your breath - I have been waiting since February! My complaint to FOS is going in this week - keep us posted :)

"I hate to break it to you, but there is no big lie, there is no system, the universe is indifferent"

Don Draper, Mad Men

You could try - but I wouldn't hold your breath - I have been waiting since February! My complaint to FOS is going in this week - keep us posted :)

When I rang to chase the refund offer letters with them, they said they were on their way to my brother in laws mum.....before I nknew this though, I sent a letter to their PPI Team ( by special delivery ) asking for the amount to be credited to a bank account of her choosing as I had conducted my own research and have found the length of time some people have had to wait on their refunds, seriously unacceptable. I am now awaiting a response to this request.....Up until now she has had £3200 refunded and they have yet to look at 2 of her accounts ! Result !:D

Forsure

foresure and debt rabbit,

You are both in breach of the CAG rules by hijacking another posters thread namely zcars who started this thread. You should start your own individual threads to prevent confusion and to allow zcars to get appropriate responses without interference. Please start you own threads and communicate there rather than in zcars thread.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

foresure and debt rabbit,

You are both in breach of the CAG rules by hijacking another posters thread namely zcars who started this thread. You should start your own individual threads to prevent confusion and to allow zcars to get appropriate responses without interference. Please start you own threads and communicate there rather than in zcars thread.

aa

Sorry :eek:

I thought the info I posted may be of use to the OP

OOps !!

Forsure