• Tweets

• Doc 04-19-2024 11-01-51-merged-compressed.pdf good morning.    9 pages attached.    thank you  UCM
    • Hi I was being supplied my ovo after unknowingly being swapped from SSE.  My issues began when we had a smart meter fitted and our bills almost doubled overnight - we at the time assumed we were just paying not enough until then and just continued to pay the excess bills each. Month.    I would from time to time contact ovo and get faced with a call centre on South Africa of the most rude agents who would just hang up after hours of wait and I could not even get an acknowledgement of an issue with my meter.  At one point we were not in the property for like 4 months and the bills were coming just as high!  It was at this point I was sure something is not right and ovo only care to send bailiffs and started threatening us with a pay as you go meter despite me taking out a 3.5k loan to pay of my outstanding balance.  Around 1600 each on both gas and electricity.  This is where its gets really bad -  the very same day they sent me out a new bill saying the money paid already was only to cover up until the November previous and because its now Feb we owe another 1k.   By that August this had risen to over 3k and I still couldn't get anyone to even acknowledge a fault let alone fix it.    In despair I tried to swap suppliers and to my surprise octopus accepted us because even tho the debt is owed we are trying deal with.  During our time with them the bill was coming only on my wife's name as I was responsible for other bills and she this one - now that we owe them 3k they have magically started adding my name as well as my wife's to the same debt to apply double pressure and its showing on my experiwn report now with a question mark and 2700 showing in grey -  This was my wife's debt which we dispute we owe yet the have now sent me letter with both our names on from oriel and past due credit debt agencies - is this illegal and how can I get them to take my. Name of this and leave on wife's name as its so unfair they give us a both a defualt for wife's debt which we dispute anyway.    In the end about 3 weeks ago I wrote an email to their ceo and rishi sunak and low and behold for the first time in our history with ovo someone who spoke English contacted us and said she will look into our claim.    I explained to her that we feel our meter is faulty and despite me contacting them using WhatsApp email and phone I still have not got anyone to acknowledge a fault even. And that I dispute I Owe anything as my son was in hospital for 3 months and we stayed with him so house was empty and still. They were sending us super sized bills more than when we started at home.  She promised to investigate and a few days later replied that she is sorry for the poor customer service and offered us £50 compensation - however she also. Mentioned that she's attached statements for us confirming the payment for 3k I made was only up until Nov and in Feb despite me pay 3.5k nearly it's correct for them to bill. Me. Another £900 the very same day and she did not agree our meter was faulty and therfore the debt stands and she will not be calling it bcak from past due credit.  During my time with my new supplier post ovo, octopus I requested tehy check my. Meters because I felt they were faulty and over charging me and I got excellent response asking me for further details which I supplied and I got a. Response bcak within days to say my meter was indeed faulty and octopus have now remotely repaired it.   I then contacted the energy ombudsman and explained my situation how she at ovo tried to fob me off and demand I apy money we don't feel we owe due to faulty equipment we reported but ovo had to process or mechanism to deal with it or lodge complaint even without having to cc their ceo and our pm. And now I feel sick to think both husband and wife will get a 6  year default for debt which have a validity of a questionable nature.    I explained all this to the energy ombudsman and they accepted my case and I explained to them that my new supplier found my fault which ovo refueed to accept - I've uploaded the email from new supplier to ombudsman showing we had a fault.    My. Question is is there anything I can upload in defence of my case to ombudsman before they decide outcome ina few weeks    All advice greatly appreciated not only would I like advice on how to clear this debt but also how I can pursue ovo for compensation and deterrence for the future.  Thansk 
    • Thanks for the reply dubai 50 - if the statute is 10 years it has long passed - if it is 15 years i havea few months left. i shall ignore until it gets serious  An update - - I sent the letter to the bank in Dubai ( I did get delivery confirmation from Royal Mail)   - I have moved to a new address ( this is the address i gave to the bank in dubai)  - IDR are continuing to send Letters to the old address, which leads me to believe they are not in contact with the bank at all. - i have not replied to any correspondence digital or hard as they are non threatening ( as of yet).        
    • Your topic title was altered last June 23 by the owner of this forum in the interests of the forum Anyway well done on your result and concluding your topic, title updated.   Andy   .
    • So what    Why ? Consent Order/ Confidentiality ? This would be be invaluable to followers of your topic.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Welcome finance PPI advised i was not eligible!!! HELP **STILL WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all.

please help me on what to do. i received a statement recently from Welcome Finance and this triggered concern over teh PPI i asked to be cancelled when i was advised i would not eb eligible.

I purchased a car with WF December 2005 & i was advised i needed the PPI incase of unemployement, sickness, life/disability.. I advised the salesman i dealt with i was working temporarily on a contracted company full time but, i was advised it was ok, i would be covered.

9months later, i lost my job as the company's contract was ending... and had financial problems keeping up with the repayment of £212 per month before i found another job. I telephoned WF who advised me to contact Direct Group, when i did telephone and express my unfortunate cicumstances i was advised as i had "not been employed more than 12months" therefore unable to make a benefit claim NOR had i been permanently employed. I was also advised before this i had to be claiming job seeker's allowance therefore they could not cover my payments until i find work. I immediately complained askign them to CANCEL the Policy as it makes no sense when i purchased teh car i was employed full time but, NOT permanently and NOT for 12 months and should have been advised i would not be able to claim under this policy worth £1312 + interest £758 total £2070 for a car worth £4500 + interest about £3000 over 48months!

I was advised a cancellation request would be made and the call ended.

I heard nothing from Welcome Finance nor Diect Group and i just gave up and started to deal with the problems, over the past 2years i missed some payments and had numerous charges applied and the current balance is £6800 but, teh agreement ends this December 2009. I am very unhappy now that when the agreement ends i will owe at least about £4450 of which £2070 of this is the policy they mis sold me! and the other £2300 arrears which i would gladly continue to pay as a loan or hand back their car and pay any balance left and acquire another car out right not HP as this has taught me a very deep lesson ;-(

My concern now is how do i begin to deal with them. I do not want teh end of teh agreement to owe them this £2070 which should have covered me when i struggled and ended up having such a bigger balance.

Please HELP me!

Thanks.

WF PPI Claim WON :grin:

Incl.8% INTEREST etc total £2231 SETTLED 4wks! :wink:

hello all.

please help me on what to do. i received a statement recently from Welcome Finance and this triggered concern over teh PPI i asked to be cancelled when i was advised i would not eb eligible.

I purchased a car with WF December 2005 & i was advised i needed the PPI incase of unemployement, sickness, life/disability.. I advised the salesman i dealt with i was working temporarily on a contracted company full time but, i was advised it was ok, i would be covered.

9months later, i lost my job as the company's contract was ending... and had financial problems keeping up with the repayment of £212 per month before i found another job. I telephoned WF who advised me to contact Direct Group, when i did telephone and express my unfortunate cicumstances i was advised as i had "not been employed more than 12months" therefore unable to make a benefit claim NOR had i been permanently employed. I was also advised before this i had to be claiming job seeker's allowance therefore they could not cover my payments until i find work. I immediately complained askign them to CANCEL the Policy as it makes no sense when i purchased teh car i was employed full time but, NOT permanently and NOT for 12 months and should have been advised i would not be able to claim under this policy worth £1312 + interest £758 total £2070 for a car worth £4500 + interest about £3000 over 48months!

I was advised a cancellation request would be made and the call ended.

I heard nothing from Welcome Finance nor Diect Group and i just gave up and started to deal with the problems, over the past 2years i missed some payments and had numerous charges applied and the current balance is £6800 but, teh agreement ends this December 2009. I am very unhappy now that when the agreement ends i will owe at least about £4450 of which £2070 of this is the policy they mis sold me! and the other £2300 arrears which i would gladly continue to pay as a loan or hand back their car and pay any balance left and acquire another car out right not HP as this has taught me a very deep lesson ;-(

My concern now is how do i begin to deal with them. I do not want teh end of teh agreement to owe them this £2070 which should have covered me when i struggled and ended up having such a bigger balance.

Please HELP me!

Thanks.

Hello and welcome to the forum,

So basically they charged you £2070 to tell you that you could not claim on it anyway.

Shame the saleman did not care about this at the start, probably just thinking about his commission:rolleyes:

Can I ask which company the car was bought from??????

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Do you think this letter is ideal??

RE: Dispute of purchased Payment Protection Insurance policy

Policy Ref:

Dears Sir/Madam,

Having finished College in 2005 I did temporary work and just before I decided to purchase a car in December 2005; I had started contract work and on a probationary period for contract work. I had only been employed for a 1 or 2 months when i got my car. I was advised by the Salesman whom I dealt with [name: ....] that I would benefit greatly from having PPI in the case of Life, Accident, Sickness or Unemployment. I briefly remember mentioning I was on contract work full-time NOT permanent work full-time but, was advised I was not employed by an agency or company temporarily and the Policy would cover me for the duration of my agreement. About 9montsh after I purchased the car, I was unemployed and telephoned and was given Direct Group’s phone number. I rung them and explained my situation and I was advised I was ineligible for the unemployment cover as I was not permanently employed nor had I been employed for at least 12montsh before claiming. I was surprised as this was NEVER mentioned to me upon purchasing the cover that I had to be employed for 12 months before a claim is valid and that contract work was counted as temporary work.

I seriously struggled financially and this got worse for a few months. In March 2007 I was offered a supposed solution which was to reduce monthly payments from £212.43 over 48months [4yrs] to £119.36 over 78months [+ 6.5yrs] this made me owe even more money and in total would mean I have paid well over £11k for a car worth £4955 at the time of purchase and further deprecated. I eventually declined the new agreement to see if I can return the vehicle. I was briefly advised I would still owe money on the car and seeing no way out I remained in my original agreement.

Despite the hardship; to date I am making monthly payments of £212.43 and at the end of my contract I wish to turn the final balance of arrears into a loan and pay off as a priority BUT, the £2070 of this balance on my HP agreement, I will NOT pay as I was charged unlawfully and I never benefited from this insurance when I needed help and I strongly believe it was mis-sold to me and it would be unfair to expect me to pay the full amount despite my formal request to cancel this policy in late 2006/early 2007.

I will be expecting this matter to be resolved in full within 8weeks or I will be writing to the FOS and/ pursuing litigation.

Thanks

Hello Madhufu,

Got your pm, So you have now sent them a SAR, which they have 40days to comply with. Did you send it recorded delivery, you can use the royal mail track and trace website to ensure they received it and start counting the days.

They should send all information relating to the account, this should include information relating to the ppi, and any late penalty charges they have applied as well. These charges will also be reclaimable:D

If you have sent your first letter asking for them to investigate the miss-selling you now wait for their response, they will probably write to you acknowledging your complaint and give you a time frame that they work to. This can be a frustrating time for you waiting so spend the time educating yourself by reading the threads on the forum.

Information that is useful to know.

Investigations of the oft and the fsa into ppi, literally banning the sale of front loaded single policies on loans.

The effect the ppi has on the agreement under the consumer credit act.

Multiple agreements under the cca.

Commission based selling

These are all very interesting topics to add fuel to the fire.

Any question just ask:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

finally! hellsonfury you must be a busy person! thank you for remembering me

...right i sent SAR as recorded

.....i have not sent a complaint letter not sure how to word it i did oen but, not sure to send it now parallel to SAR?

finally! hellsonfury you must be a busy person! thank you for remembering me

...right i sent SAR as recorded

.....i have not sent a complaint letter not sure how to word it i did oen but, not sure to send it now parallel to SAR?

Hello Madhafu,

You are welcome.

Wait now whilst they comply with your SAR, don't send your prelim letter asking for it back, until you are truely informed with the information they hold regarding your account. There may be other angles of attack that you can apply to the letter.:D

There are some template letters in the ppi info sticky that you can have a dabble with to amend and improve.

I realise it is frustrating waiting for the SAR, but read around the threads, so you are more than well prepared:D

SAR Direct Group as well - if it is them that informed you you cannot claim you need that transcript - then whoever holds your policy, i.e. whoever recieved the money for it as DG tell me its not them, should invalidate your policy and refund ALL premiums on such.

SAR Direct Group as well - if it is them that informed you you cannot claim you need that transcript - then whoever holds your policy, i.e. whoever recieved the money for it as DG tell me its not them, should invalidate your policy and refund ALL premiums on such.

Hello Andie

Thank you for this - not sure how i can get Direct Group's details though to send the SAR nor the Policy number or i can quote them my welcome account number and customer number? help here.

Hello Andie

Thank you for this - not sure how i can get Direct Group's details though to send the SAR nor the Policy number or i can quote them my welcome account number and customer number? help here.

Sorry I wasn't on before today to give you the details there address is:

Direct Group Limited Tel: 0844 412 4100

Head Office & Casualty Fax: 0844 412 4101

Direct House Marketing: 0844 412 4124

4 Sidings Court Sales: 0844 412 4123

Doncaster

DN4 5NU

Put your welcome agreement number, your name, address and DOB and they will be able to find you through that - antoehr Welcome customer with no insurance policy details or number...why am I not surprised?

Hey guys! Great News i think!!!

Received the subject access request! However, there is information clearly missing - there is absolutely nothing that mentions the PPI!?huh!?

I also noted something else when i bought the car it was 2years old and yet i was advised i had "dealer's warranty". what is that dealer's warranty? because when i went to a garage when a gear linkage selector died they said it is covered by warranty then later said it was not because this car had been purchased by another garage/dealership and then re-sold so the manufacturer's warranty is VOID. they told me i had it and i discovered it wasn't valid, i tried to dispute this but, went back and forth and gave it up. does it mean they sold me the car incorrectly and can they be punished for it?

I have also spoken to Direct Group and they too believe i was mis-sold this insurance policy ;-) and will be sending correspondence to Welcome finance Head Office and i have been given a Claims number to ring for progress Wednesday. They are sending my data subject request without the fee i faxed the letter. they have actually been shockingly helpful!

this is a HP agreement i noticed charges lots of charges and capitalisations? i had interests and insurances and more interests charged upfront, what sort of fees are these charged monthly except within teh last couple of months. since i purchased the car 2005 december i have had funny charges unjustified added, then when i was ineligible for their PPI and failign to make full payments those charegs doubled and even trippled in some months. i want to upload the agreement and welcome finance checklist, give me a few mins!

Edited by Madhafu
PS. Direct Group's number kept cutting for over 6 times all day before i could actually get thru!? its like they avoiding ppl

Hey guys! Great News i think!!!

Received the subject access request! However, there is information clearly missing - there is absolutely nothing that mentions the PPI!?huh!?

I also noted something else when i bought the car it was 2years old and yet i was advised i had "dealer's warranty". what is that dealer's warranty? because when i went to a garage when a gear linkage selector died they said it is covered by warranty then later said it was not because this car had been purchased by another garage/dealership and then re-sold so the manufacturer's warranty is VOID. they told me i had it and i discovered it wasn't valid, i tried to dispute this but, went back and forth and gave it up. does it mean they sold me the car incorrectly and can they be punished for it?

I have also spoken to Direct Group and they too believe i was mis-sold this insurance policy ;-) and will be sending correspondence to Welcome finance Head Office and i have been given a Claims number to ring for progress Wednesday. They are sending my data subject request without the fee i faxed the letter. they have actually been shockingly helpful!

hmmmm Direct Group taking a stand against Welcome....believe it when i see it :confused:

Lol, Andie... don't know if it's called "taking a stand against Welcome"

i got a call back from Direct Group administration and was told we cannot understand how you purchased this policy as you had not been employed for 12months nor had you been emplyed permanently. they advised they are refunding the Policy as i am not eligible! huh!? Is it me or is this what they said? I even got a lady's name Gail who said to ring up Welcome and check the Policy has been refunded to my HP account and ring her back if there is any problem. I said to her i am not very sure if this is true she said just wait and ring the head office and advise them Direct Group have sent back a refund for the full policy fee and this should be credited to my Welcome HP agreement. I am in shock and keen to ring on Wednesday as advised to check this has been done! She went through a claim with me and said there is no way this policy was applicable to you in the first place. Should i wait to hear from them should i write my letter to Welcome yet? Any ideas? Also tried the compliance dept at Welcome no answer to teh phoen as there is obvious missing information from the SAR...

Welcome compliance dept have a lot more to worry about than picking up their phones - bet their stuggerling to get the money to pay the bill.

my advice ring wednesday - but seen as how Direct Group are giving you your SAR free get them to send you a transcript of the phone conversation you had with them today...not that they can't be trusted or anything.

Also make sure Welcome restructure your loan so you payments decrease otherwise they'll just take it off the back end of the loan and as they front load so heavily it'll cost you more that way

Andie - do you think if they refund the policy the payents remain the same? the lady said they should credit this money into the HP welcome account! say like now the current balance is £6443 i think and they credit £2070 and then balance should appear as £4373 i will ask for a stetement of my account as well on friday. my monthly payments will reduce? doing a new agreement? will this not result in further funny charges from them? i still have arrears but, i will pay them off on my final payment in December 30th.

Edited by Madhafu
spelling errors sorry

NO - DONT do a new agreement - you are not asking them to refinance it you want it restructuring - basically you're monthly payments should decrease that it is - Welcome will try and say it all has to come off the end and you'll pay the same amount each month over less months but generally that costs more - however you'll need to work it all out for yourself to make sure which way costs you less

just aside - did she happen to mention who was paying back the money?? If not when you call Direct Group to make sure this happens can you ask them - then can you private message me what they say and who it is - don't tell me in the forum.

do not trust welcome or direct group as far as you can throw them

do not sign a new agreement.

after they give you the modified agreement, tell them you are taking it home to browse it over, once signed, thats it.

demand all info in your sar

if money is repaid, great,

but still find out who your premiums went to,

welcomes back pocket (did i say that) hush

after they give you the modified agreement, tell them you are taking it home to browse it over, once signed, thats it.

Just sent you a PM about this very matter

Andie,

Just discovered this a few mins ago when you ring Direct Group they have various departments that deal with the various companies - spoken to Direct Group now and almost got fobbed off by several advisors before i got thru to the right dept. each company seems to have a special team that deal with their ppi t&c's and the main advisors wil tell u they don't deal with mis-selling claims nor refunds/cancelling ppi... what do you think? anyone?

postggj - THANK YOU so much, they are so untrustworthy.. will keep u posted on how this is dealt with in teh next few days!

Got a call back, spoke to DG again today (Wednesday) they've confirmed a refund has been sent to Welcome HQ. I am very happy but, unsure now how the Welcome pple will deal with this amount and interest they charged. Here's food for thought guys .. DG only refunded the ppi but, excl the interest which i think is money charged by Welcome? but, welcome will have to refund the interest they were charging on it. Another thing is interest was upfront but, the statements i ahve in front of me show inetrests being applied irregularly on my HO loan since the start!? i will attach the agreement and statement today.

Edited by Madhafu