Ptp - Listen In Guys

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5280 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right here is the situation...

I have defaulted with PTP - I gave them notice to say I was going to default and I have sent them an harrassment letter to stop phone calls..

They have choose to ignore all letters (which they have on website showed they have recieved) and have decided to start the calls.

they phoned me last night at home - I said you have the wrong number and they said "I KNOW ITS NOT AND I WILL BE CALLING AGAIN!"

in a threatening tone!

I phoned them today to try and deal with the company direct and I was told if i dont pay "DOOR TO DOOR COLLECTION AGENCY wil be used"

So... I have taken this to the OFS. I have filed an offical complaint and copied in the advisor at PTP. This is my email to PTP....

F.A.O. - COLLECTIONS

Dear Gavin

I am writing to inform you that I have made a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman regarding my customer service I recieved from Poundstilpayday.

They have copies of all correspondance I have from your company and yourself.

With regards to the harrassment letter your company recieved I do not wish to recieve any futher phone calls from your company. I spoke to your colleague this morning and informed him I would be calling back at 1pm to discuss this further but I have decided to take this to the FOS to deal with professionally.

I will no longer be making contact with you.

The Financial Ombudsman will be acting on my behalf.

And this is the email I got back.....

GIBBO.,

This is completely unacceptable. You have no grounds whatsoever to make a

complaint. The least I expect is the

coutesy to explain your situation. I will continue contact with yourself over

the next month regarding this matter regardless of whether you are contacting

the Financial Ombudsman or not. I would therefore advise you to cooperate

regarding this matter.

Gavin Armstrong.

Can anyone please tell me where I now stand with these threatening phone calls????

Hi Gibbo

You have to laugh at their collection monkeys. They can't get what they want so try to intimidate instead. keep complaining but in the short term difficult to stop them calling other than to just ignore them.

Refuse to talk to him and await pass to DCA. Then I would CCA them and show you can be difficult as well :D

Thing is i do have intentions on repaying the loan this is why i have contact clarity direct asking them to take it over,... ive sent all emails and letters to the FOS now have you dealt with them before and will they help?

Gavin is really intellecutal thats why he wrote what he did in his email for me to pass straight to FOS

I just love the fact that he hasn't been able to curb his temper at the fact that you've dared to stand up to his and his company's bullying tactics.

I just have visions of him spitting out his coffee upon reading your letter, slamming his mug down and hammering out his well reasoned and moderated olive branch of a reply.

so should we all have bets on he will call again soon?

... he may have noticed that when i reply to his "emails" I have also copied on the OFS so they have the stubborn reponses.

hurry up clarity i say i want this paid and gone!

The wonderful Gavin Armstrong..... Your account can be passed to Gavin or Angela and unfortunately Gavin is by far the worst to deal with.

DO NOT deal with this threat monkey over the phone, refuse to answer the security questions.

Yes i have dealt with the FOS.

As a general rule of thumb it takes the FOS around 4 to 6 months to investigate a complaint. The FOS will only investigate a complaint once you have received a full and final response to your complaint from PTP.

Telephone Harassment

If you have sent PTP an email to cease harassing you by telephone and that you requested that contact should only be made by email/mail and PTP are still telephoning you then this is a breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 so you should keep a log of the time of the call and the date of the call and present your evidence to OFCOM and OFT.

Next time PTP ring, refuse to answer the security question and tell them that you are recording this telephone call (even if your not) PTP will soon give up and pass your account to Clarity.

Gavin does make me laugh, what an ignorant plank he is!!!!! He cant even give me the address of head office so I can make a complaint, apparantly customer services does that.

He tried to threaten my 9 year old on Friday that daddy will be in trouble if he doesnt call him back. How low can someone go!!!

Gavin does make me laugh, what an ignorant plank he is!!!!! He cant even give me the address of head office so I can make a complaint, apparantly customer services does that.

He tried to threaten my 9 year old on Friday that daddy will be in trouble if he doesnt call him back. How low can someone go!!!

That is just beyond a joke.......hope this Gavin never rings me!!!!!!!! :eek: