PCN - Bus Lane and Collect Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5426 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

1) Fantastic site. Well done

My problem is as follows;

I received a letter from Collect Services Limited dated the 9th April 2009 regarding an unpaid penalty charge. This amount was for £107.88

I had been away when it arrived and replied to them and the Council on the 21st April 2009 disputing the charge.

Letter arrived dated 27th April 2009 from the Council saying that it is in the hands of the bailiff. !!!!

Letter arrived dated the 29th April 2009 from Collect Services demanding £241.87 !!!!

I sent letter dated 7th May 2009 both to the Council and Collect Services still disputing the penalty charge.

Letter arrived dated 8th May 2009 demanding £308.57 from Collect Services.!!!!

Letter arrived dated 13th May 2009 confirming receipt on my letter dated 11th May 2009 would still continue unless instructed by their client .

Letter arrived dated 20th May 2009 warning of intended seizure of vehicle!!!!

I sent letter dated 23th May 2009 still disputing this charge.

Letter dated 10th June 2009 demanding £378.72 from Collect Services.!!!!!

11th June I speak to the Council who state that they cannot do anything and I should contact the CAB office.

As luck would have it I manage to get through to the CAB office who simply advised me to pay it!!!!!!!

I am disputing this charge and CAB and Council are telling me just to pay the £378.72!!!!!

I have not received any letters from Council regarding the charge. I am certainly not willing to pay Collect Services £378.72 although I am very concerned that they will break in my home and cause stress to my wife and 4 children and the fact that Council have told me to contact CAB and CAB have told me just to pay it!!!!

Any advice/help much appreciated.

Hi,

Many thanks -

I think it was for driving through one as I tend to park in a car park or have the kids with me.

I can't believe that the council refuse to do anything or the CAB have just told me just to pay it.

Kind regards

Was it for parking in a bus lane, or driving through one?

You cannot be fined for parking in a Bus lane, the offence/contravention is 'being in a bus lane'.

Did you receive a CN and then an enforcement notice if not what paperwork was received?

Hi,

Ok, the only time I knew anything about it was from the first letter from collect services.

I believe that I'll have to complete a Statutory Declaration out of time but have never done one of these before.

I'll still flabergasted at the councils and CAB advice!!

Kind regards