• Tweets

• They did reply to my defence stating it would fail and enclosed copies of NOA, DN Term letter and account statements. All copies of T&C's that could be reconstructions and the IP address on there resolves to the town where MBNA offices are, not my location
    • My defence was standard no paperwork:   1.The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 2. Paragraph 1 is noted. The Defendant has had a contractual relationship with MBNA Limited in the past. The Defendant does not recognise the reference number provided by the claimant within its particulars and has sought verification from the claimant who is yet to comply with requests for further information. 3. Paragraph 2 is denied. The Defendant maintains that a default notice was never received. The Claimant is put to strict proof to that a default notice was issued by MBNA Limited and received by the Defendant. 4. Paragraph 3 is denied. The Defendant is unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served from either the Claimant or MBNA Limited. 5. On the 02/01/2023 the Defendant requested information pertaining to this claim by way of a CCA 1974 Section 78 request. The claimant is yet to respond to this request. On the 19/05/2023 a CPR 31.14 request was sent to Kearns who is yet to respond. To date, 02/06/2023, no documentation has been received. The claimant remains in default of my section 78 request. 6. It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of proof of assignment being sent/ agreement/ balance/ breach or termination requested by CPR 31.14, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to: (a) show how the Defendant entered into an agreement; and (b) show and evidence the nature of breach and service of a default notice pursuant to Section 87(1) CCA1974 (c) show how the claimant has reached the amount claimed for; and (d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim; 7. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed. 8. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer credit Act 1974. 9. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.
    • Monika the first four pages of the Private parking section have at least 12 of our members who have also been caught out on this scam site. That's around one quarter of all our current complaints. Usually we might expect two current complaints for the same park within 4 pages.  So you are in good company and have done well in appealing to McDonalds in an effort to resolve the matter without having  paid such a bunch of rogues. Most people blindly pay up. Met . Starbucks and McDonalds  are well aware of the situation and seem unwilling to make it easier for motorists to avoid getting caught. For instance, instead of photographing you, if they were honest and wanted you  to continue using their services again, they would have said "Excuse me but if you are going to go to Mc donalds from here, it will cost you £100." But no they kett quiet and are now pursuing you for probably a lot more than £100 now. They also know thst  they cannot charge anything over the amount stated on the car park signs. Their claims for £160 or £170 are unlawful yet so many pay that to avoid going to Court. When the truth is that Met are unlikely to take them to Court since they know they will lose. The PCNs are issued on airport land which is covered by Byelaws so only the driver can be pursued, not the keeper. But they keep writing to you as they do not know who was driving unless you gave it away when you appealed. Even if they know you were driving they should still lose in Court for several reasons. The reason we ask you to fill out our questionnaire is to help you if MET do decide to take you to Court in the end. Each member who visited the park may well have different experiences while there which can help when filling out a Witness statement [we will help you with that if it comes to it.] if you have thrown away the original PCN  and other paperwork you obviously haven't got a jerbil or a guinea pig as their paper makes great litter boxes for them.🙂 You can send an SAR to them to get all the information Met have on you to date. Though if you have been to several sites already, you may have done that by now. In the meantime, you will be being bombarded by illiterate debt collectors and sixth rate solicitors all threatening you with ever increasing amounts as well as being hung drawn and quartered. Their letters can all be safely ignored. On the odd chance that you may get a Letter of Claim from them just come back to us and we will get you to send a snotty letter back to them so that they know you are not happy, don't care a fig for their threats and will see them off in Court if they finally have the guts to carry on. If you do have the original PCN could you please post it up, carefully removing your name. address and car registration number but including dates and times. If not just click on the SAR to take you to the form to send to Met.
    • In order for us to help you we require the following information:- [if there are more than one defendant listed - tell us] 1 defendant   Which Court have you received the claim from ? County Court Business Centre, Northampton   Name of the Claimant ? LC Asset 2 S.A R.L   Date of issue – . 28/04/23   Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for –    (1) The Claimant ('C') claims the whole of the outstanding balance due and payable under an agreement referenced xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and opened effective from xx/xx/2017. The agreement is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 ('CCA'), was signed by the Defendant ('D') and from which credit was extended to D.   (2) D failed to comply with a Default Notice served pursuant to s87 (1) CCA and by xx/xx/2022 a default was recorded.   (3) As at xx/xx/2022 the Defendant owed MBNA LTD the sum of 12,xxx.xx. By an agreement in writing the benefit of the debt has been legally assigned to C effective xx/xx/2022 and made regular upon C serving a Notice of Assignment upon D shortly thereafter.   (4) And C claims- 1. 12,xxx.xx 2. Interest pursuant to Section 69 County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from xx/01/2023 to xx/04/2023 of 2xx.xx and thereafter at a daily rate of 2.52 to date of judgement or sooner payment. Date xx/xx/2023   What is the total value of the claim? 12k   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? Yes   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? N/A Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit Card   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Online   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? Yes, but amount differs slightly   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. DP issued claim   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Not that I recall...   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Not that I recall...   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? Yes   Why did you cease payments? Loss of employment main cause   What was the date of your last payment? Early 2021   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No   -----------------------------------
    • Hello CAG Team, I'm adding the contents of the claim to this thread, but wanted to open the thread with an urgent question: Do I have to supply a WS for a claim with a court date that states " at the hearing the court will consider allocation and, time permitting, give an early neutral evaluation of the case" ? letter is an N24 General Form of Judgement or Order, if so, then I've messed up again. Court date 25 May 2024 The letter from court does not state (like the other claims I have) that I must provide WS within 28 days.. BUT I have recently received a WS from Link for it! making me think I do need to!??
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Roscodog18 V G.E Money in Court this month ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5675 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I havn't posted for a while as all my claims are have been stayed pending the test case......even the credit card and business claims!

Story so far with GE Money Home Lending LTD

Claim is for £760.00 plus contractual interest at

Prelim,LBA,N1, AQ.....all as normal claim goes back 6 years and 2 of the penalties are just over the 6 year limit but I went for them any way.

I did receive a 'without prejudice ' offer of £450 but rejected it.

The solicitor involved is Eversheds ( who are also representing Bank of Scotland in another claim I have)

The original loan was with I Group but GE took them over.

I have a Court date at the end of this month at the request of Eversheds

The application notice states

that they 'intend to apply for an order that Summary Judgemeny be given in favour of the Defendant under cpr 24.2 or the claim be struck out in accordance with 3.4 (2)

because

the Claimant does not have reasonable prospects of succeeding with his claim

The paperwork contains a witness statement by Philip Abell who is a 'Contentious Litigator in the Legal Services Department of GE Money'

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Roscodog

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the dog."

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Hi roscodog

Could you post your particulars of claim so we can have a look. Also, presumambly Eversheds sent in a defence - was there anything of substance in that?

Perhaps you could counter with a request for summary judgement in favour of the claimant under CPR 3.4(2)(b) (abuse of process) on the grounds that GE Money have had many cases against them of this natue, have submitted a defence and AQ and then settled at the last minute out of court. No cases to our knoweldge have ever actually got to court. They are using the court process to try and intimidate genuine claimants without any serious intention of ever defending a case in court.

We can draw up a draft order for you to send in to the court asking

a) for the defence to be struck out for abuse of process or requiring GE Money to provide a list of cases that they have defended in court

OR if the court doesn't want to do that

b) requiring details of theiri charging structure to demonstrate that the charges are not penalties (ie to prove their contention that you haven't a case)

Either way, they will throw in the towel.

Right

Here is a draft letter to the court in reply to Evershed's notice

Note improved version later (post #8 )

The Claimant respectfully requests that an order may be made as follows;

1. That the Defence is struck out as an abuse of process, pursuant to rule 3.4(2)(b) of the Civil Procedure Rules.

On the basis that the Defendant has filed a template defence then subsequently settled each and every other claim of this nature.

Since May 2006, I am aware of several claims of this nature in which the Defendant has filed an acknowledgement of service, then a Defence, then an allocation questionnaire, then has finally settled without liability shortly in advance of the hearing or trial. A sample list of these claims, including their claim numbers, is attached (attachment 1A).

It is submitted that the defendant’s litigation strategy is flagrantly abusive of the public resource, and further, contrary to almost all of the Overriding Objective’s of the Civil Procedure Rules. It is respectfully submitted that the Defendant will continue to conduct litigation in this manner for as long as it is allowed to do so with impunity.

Please find attached a copy of an order made by LincolnCounty court (attachment 1B) in at least 10 cases similar to my own involving various high street banks. The court considered the authority of Mullen-v-Hackney London Borough Council (1997)2 A11ER 906 to be relevant. If this honourable court also considers this authority relevant, I would respectfully request that the court applies its special knowledge of the defendant’s notorious and well established conduct in similar cases when considering order in the present case. Please find attached the case to which I refer (attachment 1C)

2. In the alternative, should the court not be minded to strike out the defence, and if the claim is to proceed, the Claimant respectfully suggests that special directions may be made as per the attached draft order (attachment 2A).

I believe the proposed directions will further the Overriding Objectives in that they identify the most fundamental issues in dispute and will allow them to be assessed in advance of the hearing so that this claim may proceed justly and expeditiously.

The Defendant is seeking an order under Part 3.4(2) of the Civil Procedure Rules to strike out my claim on the grounds that I do not have reasonable prospects of succeeding with my claim. The claim is for the return of contractual penalty charges levied on my account and it is the defendant’s responsibility to demonstrate that the charges claimed are not contractual penalties. As the law relating to contractual penalties is long established, I believe that the outstanding issues are of fact The information requested in the draft order will provide the required facts.

I would aver that if the Defendant has the serious intention of defending this claim at trial, as is indicated by its defence, that it is incumbent upon it to disclose such information. Further, the proposed directions are now routinely ordered in claims of this nature in the Mercantile Court in London, as well as small claims track cases in inter alia Leicester, Derby, Chesterfield, and Mansfield County Courts.

Attachment 1A can be generated by filing in the form here with GE capital selected. Attachment 1B here and 1C here. Attachment 2A to follow later. Ring the court as soon as you can and ask how you should provide this information - will they accept a letter in 'defence' of Evershed's application or do you have to make an application yourself.

Attachment 2A

Draft Order for Directions

1. The Claimant shall within 14 days of service of this order send to the Defendant and to the Court:

• a) A schedule setting out each charge repayment of which is sought, showing the date, amount, and reason given (if any) for that charge being made;
  • b) Copies of any statement or other document relied upon as showing that each and every charge has been made;

• c) A statement of evidence of all matters relied upon as tending to show that the charges are irrecoverable as penalties or otherwise;

• d) Copies of decided cases and other legal materials to be relied upon.

If the Claimant fails to comply with this order, the claim will be struck out without further order.

2. The Defendant shall within 14 days thereafter file and serve a response to the Claimant's schedule, stating in respect of each item claimed:

• a) Pursuant to what contractual provision such charge was made, producing a copy of the contractual document relied upon;
  • b) Whether such charge is accepted to be a penalty, and if not why not;

• c) If such charge is alleged to be a pre-estimate of the Defendant's loss incurred by the Claimant's actions (whether or not such action is treated as a breach of contract between the parties), all facts and matters intended to be relied upon as showing that such was a proper estimate of such loss, and all evidence to be adduced at trial as to what the true cost of dealing with the matter was;

• d) If such charge is not alleged to be a pre-estimate of the Defendant's loss incurred by the Claimant's actions then facts and matters intended to be relied upon showing the basis upon which the charge was calculated and all evidence to be adduced at trial as to show that the charge was fair and reasonable.

• e) Any witness statements.

• f) Copies of decided cases and other legal materials to be relied upon.

If the Defendant fails to comply with this order, the Defence will be struck out without further order.

Thanks so much for your prompt,consice and unbelievably helpfull reply.

I shall call the Court in the morning. I will post up my POC. The defence runs to 3 pages but is generally standard waffle with no substance.

Roscodog

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the dog."

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Should have said , that was the draft order for directions that I submitted with my AQ questionaire............

Dwight D. Eisenhower

I don't think there is any harm in submitting it again. In the letter I think we could make a bit more of their CPR 3.4(2) request - they say that you have little chance of success - so, the first choice to the court is effecively for them to not only show that they are not abusing process but also to give a list of similar cases where they have won in court, which presumambly they would have if you really had little chance of success.

The second option (ie the draft order you have already sent) is to say you are claiming penalty charges, they say you have little chance of success, ie it must be obvious that they are not penalty charges. The information you are asking for is just the information for them to prove this.

I think the two things together cover all the bases - either way they lose because either way, you have a (strong) case. On consideration I would like to propose the amended letter/document

In their application under Part 3.4(2) of the Civil Procedure Rules the Defendant asks for my claim to be struck out on the basis that I do not have reasonable prospects of succeeding with my claim. If this really is the case, the onus is on the Defendant to provide evidence that that is the case, either by showing other cases which they have successfully defended in court or by providing evidence that the regime of charges applied to my account do not constitute contract penalties as I claim.

Therefore the Claimant respectfully requests that orders may be made as follows;

1. That the Defendant provides a list of cases of a similar nature that it has successfully defended in court or the defence is struck out as an abuse of process, pursuant to rule 3.4(2)(b) of the Civil Procedure Rules.

Since May 2006, I am aware of several claims of this nature in which the Defendant has filed an acknowledgement of service, then a Defence, then an allocation questionnaire, then has finally settled without liability shortly in advance of the hearing or trial. A sample list of these claims, including their claim numbers, is attached (attachment 1A). I know of no cases of a similar nature which have proceeded to trial.

It is submitted that the defendant’s litigation strategy is flagrantly abusive of the public resource, and further, contrary to almost all of the Overriding Objective’s of the Civil Procedure Rules. It is respectfully submitted that the Defendant will continue to conduct litigation in this manner for as long as it is allowed to do so with impunity.

Please find attached a copy of an order made by LincolnCounty court (attachment 1B) in at least 10 cases similar to my own involving various high street banks for the respective defendants to provide the court with a list of cases they had defended in court. The court considered the authority of Mullen-v-Hackney London Borough Council (1997)2 A11ER 906 to be relevant. If this honourable court also considers this authority relevant, I would respectfully request that the court applies its special knowledge of the defendant’s notorious and well established conduct in similar cases when considering such an order in the present case. Please find attached the case to which I refer (attachment 1C)

2. In the alternative, should the court not be minded to make the above order or to strike out the defence, the Claimant respectfully suggests that special directions may be made as per the attached draft order (attachment 2A) which was previously submitted to the court as an attachment to the Claimant’s Allocation Questionnaire.

I believe that I have reasonable prospects of success in my claim since the money I am reclaiming was taken from my account unlawfully since the charges that make it up are unlawful contact penalties. As the law relating to contractual penalties is long established, I believe that the outstanding issues are of fact and the information required by the draft order will provide the necessary facts to establish if the charges constitute contract penalties or not.

The proposed directions will also further the Overriding Objectives in that they identify the most fundamental issues in dispute and will allow them to be assessed in advance of the hearing so that this claim may proceed justly and expeditiously.

I would aver that if the Defendant has the serious intention of defending this claim at trial, as is indicated by its defence and subsequent actions, that it is incumbent upon it to disclose such information. Further, the proposed directions are now routinely ordered in claims of this nature in the Mercantile Court in London, as well as small claims track cases in several County Courts.

I think this better highlights the link between the two draft orders and Eversheds' CPR Part 3.4(2) application.

Steven,

I am deeply in debted to you...........

When you are down and need someone to back you up......this website is the place to visit............I had some serious victories before the test case and subsequent stays.........and look forward to several more after the stays are removed

I will keep you updated............

Roscodog

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Subscribing - best of luck roscodog. I am about to issue claim against GE/IGroup having just paid the rotters off:D and received their standard 'our charges are fair' letter in response to my LBA for about 2k of unlawful charges.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

I had some serious victories before the test case and subsequent stays.........and look forward to several more after the stays are removed
If there is any suggest of staying your GE Money cliam then you should coimplain - the test case does not apply to credit cards in general and specifically not store cards

The strange thingis this claim HAS been stayed.......but GE have chosen to try and get it thrown out!

Roscodog

Dwight D. Eisenhower

It was the Court.....I have also had credit card claims and buisiness account claims stayed as well.........getting close to d day now.

Dwight D. Eisenhower

I spoke to an extreemly helpful young woman at the Court and they are happy for me to supply this documentation as a response to GE Money's application to have my case thrown out.

She explained that on the morning of the hearing the Judge would read through all paperwork relating to the days cases to familiarise himself with them, then at the end of the heaing would make his decision on the evidence before him.

So it has been printed and posted, with a copy to Ge's lawyer.

It looks like I may see the inside of a Court. I will keep you updated:)

Roscodog

Dwight D. Eisenhower

I have posted all response ducumentation to the Court and copies to GE............game on!

Roscodog

Dwight D. Eisenhower

• 2 weeks later...

Well Court day tomorrow..........worried but looking forward to it.I have all my paper work in order , the Court and GE's solicitors ( Eversheds.......and I know you will be reading this!) have copies of what I will rely on in Court

Rest assured I will quickly post my experiences.........

Roscodog

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Best of luck rosco for what is now in fact today!!

Look forward to hearing news of a victory;)

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Well today was interesting.

I arrived with time to spare and sat in the County Court waiting room. 10 mins before the hearing an agent for GE's solicitors turned up....young trainee straight out of law school .....on the first rung of the ladder.

He introduced himself and then immediatly said that he was merely an 'agent' for Eversheds and as such was not able to discuss any offer of settlement to which I replied 'fine because an offer is not what I want.........full settlement is' so immediatly I was 1 up..........the duty solicitor approached me concerned that I was representing myself and asked if she could offer any advice or indeed accompany and represent me, she clearly knew GE's agent and asked me to accompany her into a private room to discuss my case.

I expalained my case and that I had never had to proceed this far with previous claims. This claim is relating to a penalty charges on a secured loan and she physically relaxed when I told her that the loan was now cleared and there was no danger of me losing my home if I messed up. She was very helpfull and explained that myself and the agent would enter the Judges chambers , sit on either side of a desk and state our position relating to GE's application to have my case struck out, she suggested I call the Judge Sir.........for this advice I am exteemly gratefull.

15 mins late we were called to the chambers.........we both were invited to sit on opposite sides of the desk......the Judge was extreemly polite and very eloquent.

Judge......what is your status

Agent....agent for Eversheds he replied.

Judge....'an agent' what does that mean?

Agent.......eh I work for an agency and have been asked to turn up an speak on behalf of the defendant he stuttered.

Judge.....do you have any legal training? As he turned and looked me in the eye as if to say..........don't worry.

Agent .....yes I am a trainee solicitor.

Judge.....well as your client has requested this hearing I think you should start by stating why we are here.

Agent......My client askes that this claim be struck out because the claimant has no prospect of success..he read from the sheet.

I won't bore you all with every last detail but the Judge got so frustrated he took the directions sheet from the agent and read it himself because he got fed up trying to get a straight answer from him........then got ratty because Eversheds asked for a hearing on a case that was already stayed........clearly not acceptable for people who should know better

My case will remain stayed pending the test case result.

So then quickly the Judge took things into his own hands.....struck out the application to strike out my case and then spoke of GE's objection to my case on the grounds that I was claiming against the wrong company ( I am claining against GE Money Home Lending LTD and todays application stated that they are a seperate legal entity from GE Money Secured Lending LTD).....he asked if I thought I was suing the right company and I explained that I believed I was having submitted a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and having recieved a response.

He suggested that it would be almost impossible for someone like me to know who to claim against ( my original loan was with Home Mortgage Corporation who were taken over by I Group who were taken over by GE) I was told if I were in your shoes I would submit an application to the Court changing the Defendant to GE Money Home Lending Ltd and /or GE Money Secured Lending Ltd to make sure I was getting the right company.

So the upshot is GE's application to have my claim struck was thrown out and I now can apply to make sure I am suing the right company.

Despite being a little nerve wracking because I was unsure of what to expect it was OK....however the Judge was clearly prepared to cut me a lot of slack because I was not a lawyer.

So if you have to turn up at Court and speak up for yourself it actually is not that bad...GE have spent more money on legal representation and have nothing to show for it.....roll on the judgement on the test case

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Well done rosco - you took a major company to court, didn't make a fool of yourself and showed them up. As you say, roll on the test case result (even though it actually has no bearing on your case) so that you can get what is due to you.