• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Allyxia (for Big Guy) Vrs Nationwide ** WON **

Allyxia
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh well the grand old day has come for me and the boglins to take a trip to the court and file against the Nationwide, on behalf on my hubby!!

These jokers have caused nothing but problems from the start and our claim hasnt even started formally yet!!!

First off, we have the defaults, then the CCJ and then a second charge!!!

Following the change of mortage, the second charge, and subsequently the debt has been settled!!

As part of my Prelim and LBA, I included parts regarding the removal of defaults. To this they have agreed, however, I have decided, as most banks are so very "trustworthy" to include this on my MC just to be sure. I would hate to reach the end settlement and have no offical means of forcing the removal of the defaults!!

With regards to the CCJ - I am just waiting for the court hearing to have the CCJ set aside - so fingers crossed!!

As for the money claim aspect - despite the account being settled in 2004 and (wrongly) assuming that it had been closed on settlement. After they received the Prelim letter, they decided, to add £700 worth of charges belatedly from 2001 - 2004!!! (What, nationwide despite already leiving £800, you forgot to put another £700 on the account!!!!)

Ha Ha - no chance!!!

Let the games begin!!!!

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Sarah!!!

Lets face it though (unless anyone tells me otherwise) nothing can be as bad as Natwest and Cobblers!!

Allyxia

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

Cheers Sarah!!!

Lets face it though (unless anyone tells me otherwise) nothing can be as bad as NatWest and Cobblers!!

Lucky for me I haven't had to deal with Nat West or Abbey who seem to be amongst the worst. I can sympathise as far as Nationwide is concerned though because I will be going through exactly the same as you.

Yes heard about abbey and their microfiss (or whatever!!) HA Ha!!!

How far are you with you claims maybe we can "buddy up" to support each other and track our claims!

Allyxia

URGENT HELP NEEDED

Having done my claim today whilst being harrassed by 2 screaming boglins, I realised I have made an error on my N1 which was filed with the court 15 mins before closing!!!

First line:- regarding the opening of the account, for some reason I typed April 2003, when in fact the account was opened in Oct 2001.

Please is this going to have a really bad detrimental effect on this case?

If so what steps can I take to recitify this, Me thinking of stalking outside the court at 9am to habd over the correct N1, inthe hope that nothing was done with it today.

Please really could use advise before tomorow Am on this!!!

Allyxia

Phoned the court two mins ago and they confirmed that nothing has been done with the forms as yet so I can run over and swap them.

Arghhhhh I didnt sleep a wink last night with worry I tell you!!!!!

Alls not lost going to slap my face on and bundle the noisy boglins, and drive like a mad women to get there before 10!!!!

Allyxia

Phoned the court two mins ago and they confirmed that nothing has been done with the forms as yet so I can run over and swap them.

Arghhhhh I didnt sleep a wink last night with worry I tell you!!!!!

Alls not lost going to slap my face on and bundle the noisy boglins, and drive like a mad women to get there before 10!!!!

Allyxia

Ok Court Papers were ok after (sorry I forgot to post) didnt even have to pay the extra £35!!

Got court date next thurs for hearing to have CCJ in respect to this debt set aside!!!

Hah Hah Hubby S***ting himself because so far Ive done all the work with the claims (he just signs the letters), and hasnt got a clue what to do in court!!!!

Ive applied to have set aside on following grounds.

1 On receipt of CR File in August, noticed CCJ registered on Big guys file.

Further invesitgation relveales CCJ in respect of debt to Nationwide in 2003 - no notification received from the court with regards to the orginal case in 2001.

2. In the meantime the Debt against Nationwide is under dispute and litigation has commenced against them. Claiment only became aware of OFT findings in August 2006.

3. Original CCJ has been settled, as a result of a the debt escalteing to a second charge, which was settled in F & F in 2004, when mortage was raised on property.

Can anybody advise what I need to take to court in respects of this case.

In addition I have a letter from nationwide confirming that they are also going to remove the orginal default on the CR File in respects for this debt!!! So that can only help as well eh?

Grateful for any support here thanks

Allyxia

If Nationwide have agreed to remove the default have you thought about approaching them for permission to set aside the CCJ - It can't hurt to ask and it would make things a lot simpler.

Agreed though- even without this the removal of the default looks good for you.

Yes somebody else told me this today.

They also mentioned that you can not be given a default and a CCJ for the same thing. Im not sure how true that it (maybe someone can clarify).

I wonder if it worth approaching them the court date is next week so I should have time if I act quickly!!!!

Failing that I would still apreciate advice on what to say or take to court - thanks!!

Allyxia

Try the guidance notes on the first page of the site- there are all sorts of bits and pieces about going to court.

I have not heard the thing about defaults and CCJs being mutually exclusive. My understanding is that you are defaulted first and then the creditor can go for a CCJ if they decide to go down that route.

If I were you I would try to get agreement from NW. It is worth a try and I believe that it speeds up the process if they agree before you get to court.

Good Luck

That was my understanding too Sarah. But hey you never no.

Ive posted a link to this thread in Legalities/defaults. So hopefully somebody will find their way here by next week.

Allyxia

My suspicion is that you can have both for the same issue. I would send a PM to Tinkerbelle or zootscoot, they will know for sure.

NatWest Charges: £3708.81. Allocated to fast track 14/10/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 23/10/06 5% donation made

HSBC Default Removal and £186 charges: N1 claim issued 28/11/06 *WON* 28/02/07 5% donation made

Egg Charges: £370. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/01/07 5% donation made

Natwest Student: £150. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 10/12/06 5% donation made

Natwest Credit card: £317.01 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INTEREST, *WON* 30/11/06 5% Donation Made

Ikano Data Protection Act deception and non-complience: N1 claim issued 28/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/12/06 5% donation made

I am not a lawyer. All advice is merely my own opinion. Nevertheless, I've won £4675 so far!

Tip my scales if you like my advice :)

ah cheers Im already in Correspondon with tink re defauts!

Just want to make sure BG gets the best chance he got to get it removed in court next week.

Allyxia

BL downloaded mine so only got the actual report. I think thi sposts been flagged anyway so hopefully I will have some advice soon.

Im wondering if because Unlawful charges forms part of my evidence to have the CCJ set aside will the banks have to prove at this hearing about their fees?

What do you think?

I wonder how they are going to squirm out of this one!

Allyxia

BL downloaded mine so only got the actual report. I think thi sposts been flagged anyway so hopefully I will have some advice soon.

Im wondering if because Unlawful charges forms part of my evidence to have the CCJ set aside will the banks have to prove at this hearing about their fees?

What do you think?

I wonder how they are going to squirm out of this one!

The crux of that argument is that you may have agreed with the amount at the time but, now you are in receipt of new information which leads you to believe that the amount claimed was inaccurate and therefore the judgment should be set aside.

Do you think thye are going to want a copy of the OFT report?

I have no idea what to take to this?

Allyxia

I dont think teh court bundle post applies tomy case at the moments as this is a CCJ hearing and Ive not been told anything by the court!!!

I dont guess that I have to just turn up with nothing!!!!

I suppose something like

Settlement of the Second charge

Copy of credit file

Copy of letter from LRT Dated to show when I started to investigate

Copyof letetr from Nationwide confirming taht they are removingteh default in rleation to this debt

Oft report to support my claim of charges as unfair

Courtissue apper to show that we are counter claiming against Nationwide

Sexy specs

Suit to boot

ANyideas?

Allyxia

Righto thanks Ihave been following his thread with interst as Im looking at taking on the CRA directly - to what end, I have sent letetr of fto the FSO and ICO regardign defaults by my other to banks (another very long story).

AS long as Im on the right lines.....here we go

• Haha 1

Allyxia

thats what i thought hey when all else fails, if its a chap top botton of blouse as well what do you reckon?

Allyxia