• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Directions Hearing Leeds

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6164 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

33 cases have been referred to Mercantile Court at Leeds from the County Court.

A directions hearing for 33 is being held on 7th Feb 2007 (Can someone confirm this date is the directions hearing?)

Barclays 9 cases

Lloyds TSB 7 cases

Abbey 3 cases

Yorkshire bank 2 cases

Clydesdale 4 cases

NatWest 3 cases

Capital One 1 case

HSBC 2 cases - 1 case settled

First Direct 1 case - settled

Ikano 1 case - should be settled but no cheque received yet - lost in post apparently!!

Can i suggest those using this site from the above pool our resouces, especially since the court may treat it as a Group Litigation.

Can we appeal against this group litigation? I am sure that all our cases are not that similar?

Or am I hoping against hope that these are all settled before the hearing on 7th Feb 2007?

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I received my letter today, i am one of the barclays claimants. I still dont fully understand what i need to do, so as you say if we pool together it would be so helpful.

jenny

Hi, I would love Barclays to settle but i dont know if we can do anything, this is the final stretch now and court really worries me. Are you doing the case management sheet for the court?

jenny

I will do CMC sheet but nearer the time. No point going to all the effort now if they settle nearer the time.

I haven't been given a date by when CMC sheet has to be in by.

I did write to Court before this date was set asking what the delay was and requesting the Barclays, as a large company defending should write submit the case notes.

Hi

In my letter it just said no later than 7 days before...Hopefully they'll settle first.

Jenny

• 2 weeks later...

hi, You're on the list for all except the one ending in 82. Hope that helps and welcome aboard.

Jenny

P.s Youve got your hands full with those, i struggle with one against Barclays LOL

No, stansfiled, it doesn't appear to be.

Your number after the QZ is quite high, most numbers are in the 40000 region and I assume they are sequential/chronological. My case number is in the 30000. Was submitted in May though!

Stansfield where are you?

Did you put your claim in on MCOL?

Any case that has been either entered directly at Leeds County Court or was transferred from MCOL to Leeds has now been transferred to Mercantile Court at Leeds.

The erly claims 9ncluding mine) were redirected to a higher court in London for directions but then sent back to Leeds and transferred to Mercantile. There are plenty of threads about this in this section but it would appear to be an attempt by the Judiciary to clear the court system of these claims and the log jam caused by stubborness and intransigence of the banks to pay up.

In the Mercantile ( a higher court), there is a possibilty that a case may actually end up going thru Court, in which case a precedent would be set for the lower ie County Courts which would make the Court's work alot easier for susbsequent cases. Unfortunately its a double edged sword for the courts as none of the banks are taking it that far, they settle just before the CMC, but for us it means they can drag out the process a little longer.

Im in Leeds and yes I did MCOL. I cant believe they are dragging this out even longer. Perhaps the courts should look at fining them for wasting court time as they have no intention of defending. I started my claim back in August. This is just ridiculous!

I also started my claim in August, I'm hoping it wont drag out too long but i'm prepared just incase:rolleyes:

Jenny

Hi Jenny

Looks like you're doing good work getting the list together. Any chance you could email it to me at [email protected]

By the way the 80000 numbers are later in the year. I see the numbers are now 7QZ000*** for claims in the last few days so I reckon the 6QZ***** must be for 2006.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi, I think were all hoping to be contacted by our banks before feb, some others are contacting the bank themselves, I dont think i have the guts to do it, is anyone else considering it?:|

Let them come to you. I'm sure your bank is even more keen than you to keep out of court, but if they think you want to get out of it too they may not cough up so easily. I would suggest that you just hold your ground and let them do the running. You are in an excellent bargaining position.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Let them come to you. I'm sure your bank is even more keen than you to keep out of court, but if they think you want to get out of it too they may not cough up so easily. I would suggest that you just hold your ground and let them do the running. You are in an excellent bargaining position.

Took the words right off my finger tips.