• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Where do I stand?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, many moons ago I took out log boo loan with mobile money. Its my second one and my second car. Ive used them for years and have always paid and have always had good service. Until now......... Since July 09 ive been on the sick and obviously had to tighten my belt. Having rang all my debtors including my mortgage company and explained my circumstances, they all helped me out and reduced my outgoings until I get back on my feet. Everyone except mobile money! Instead of my usual £390 per month, ive been paying them £50. This was my choice as they would not negotiate a reduced payment so I just forwarded what I could afford. I did not plan to be ill and was no fault of my own, but a little compassion would've been nice. There now saying I have £1000 arrears and need £2000 by the end of january. To be honest, im really ok with the debt, I just dont want them to take my car. Ive explained that being on the sick has'nt helped but they just seem to be not bothered. I have a mortgage of £130,000 and my mortgage company were fine about reduced paments etc. It seems that your not allowed to be ill with mobile money. Any advice guys? Hope you can help.

Jason

Hi all, many moons ago I took out log boo loan with mobile money. Its my second one and my second car. Ive used them for years and have always paid and have always had good service. Until now......... Since July 09 ive been on the sick and obviously had to tighten my belt. Having rang all my debtors including my mortgage company and explained my circumstances, they all helped me out and reduced my outgoings until I get back on my feet. Everyone except mobile money! Instead of my usual £390 per month, ive been paying them £50. This was my choice as they would not negotiate a reduced payment so I just forwarded what I could afford. I did not plan to be ill and was no fault of my own, but a little compassion would've been nice. There now saying I have £1000 arrears and need £2000 by the end of january. To be honest, im really ok with the debt, I just dont want them to take my car. Ive explained that being on the sick has'nt helped but they just seem to be not bothered. I have a mortgage of £130,000 and my mortgage company were fine about reduced paments etc. It seems that your not allowed to be ill with mobile money. Any advice guys? Hope you can help.

Jason

Jaybyname, Wecome, I'm gonna lay it out- HIDE THE CAR-buddy. They will take it and sell it for a small amount. HIDE IT ASAP. Don't hide it local, they will drive around at 4 in the morning and take it. Find a friend/family who lives a few miles away. Then send them a letter explaining the situ, letters only no phone calls, they will call you non stop. ( they will charge you for letters) but you want a paper trail. Over the phone they will promise you anything and everything.

Hide it.

trooper68

Trooper68:)

Hi Jaybyname

Cab can help, but you will need to be on the ball with these guys, they may come for the car while you are at work.

It might be worth having a chat with the national debt helpline, they are very helpful. It might be advisable to check the validity of the paperwork you have, the BoS and the credit agreement have to follow strict rules.

trooper68

Trooper - Troop as in an army?

How many individuals have access to this ID?

There is no way the above posts 30/11 and 01/12 are input by a single entiity?

STJ,

How on gods earth do you come to that conclusion? Trooper has been around here for ages and has helped countless people, and is also held in very high regard from what I can see.

With comments like yours you will soon alienate yourself on these boards, which is sad.

Lighten up, chill out, take a prozac or something. even ring the Samaritans if you think it will help, but for gods sake take a few deep breaths before posting totally unsubstantiated comments. :oops:

UKD

• 1 month later...

Hi again. Its been a while. Just another update and help (trooper, are you there?). The saga continues...im still in the same situation and off work due to illness but getting better and hoping to be back in Feb. Following on from my concerns about mobile money and my car, I managed to have an interview at my local CAB yesterday to explain in detail why they won't budge and help me out until I get back to work. All Im asking for is a little compassion as im ill!! The lady at CAB rang mobile money and was pretty shocked at their attitude and we seemed to get no where. Following this, Ive left her a copy of my BoS and with the help of her supervisor are looking into it. Ok, so im in arrears, im aware of that and Im also aware of the fact that I have to keep going to mobile money to 're-sign' every 6 months (short term contracts I believe). Im ok with that, Im ok with the mounting arrears, Im ok with staying with them for the rest of my life, Im just annoyed at the fact that they refuse to come to some sort of payment plan/arrangement. Hell...I could afford a little more each month if it helps. All my argument is, is the fact that I need my car, im off work and can only afford what I can. £50 instead of £390 per month. Simple. Why won't they come to some sort of agreement? I have until the 23rd of Jan to come up with £1800....right o!! All other debtors are absolutely fine about my situation. Ill just wait to see what CAB says. Is this bad business the're promoting-no empathy/compassion. Would OFT or Trading Standards help?. My partner is now in on the problem and is helping me find a unit to hide the car, if not my parents house. I have plenty of places, and to be honest, there'll never find it!! Any ideas? What can actually be done to resolve this? Hope you all can help........Cheers

Jason

Posted by jaybyname viewpost.gif

Jason

Ive a log book/mobile money loan!!!!...........just need to know who actually owns my car? Me or them. I know they have my V5 but can I actually order a new one and sell/give my car to say, my girlfriend. So as to change details on new V5 etc. Surely then its protected as the car no longer belongs to me.:rolleyes:

Ive a log book/mobile money loan!!!!...........just need to know who actually owns my car? Me or them. I know they have my V5 but can I actually order a new one and sell/give my car to say, my girlfriend. So as to change details on new V5 etc. Surely then its protected as the car no longer belongs to me.:rolleyes:

Who's name is on the V5? Who ever is on the v5 is the keeper.

trooper68

Hi Jaybyname

Sorry to hear of your continued illness. Hope you get well soon.

As you found out LBL don't play ball at all. My advice is not to call them at all everything by reg letter only- you need to keep a paper trail.

Keep the car hidden. Did you post up all your paperwork from LBL, BoS, CCA? I cannot remember-sorry. If you did not - can you post up with all your personal details removed- we can look at the BoS and CCA.

Oh DO NOT SIGN ANOTHER AGREEMENT or BOS.

You could get the ball rolling with the TS, LBL have had there licence revoked and as such I understand TS-its worth giving the a call.

Above all don't panic-you have the car hidden and one step in front.

Get well soon.

trooper68

Thanks for ongoing advice, my name is on the logbook so im still pleased with that. Im still going to apply for a new one so that I have my own, Ill feel much better if I have one. Ill try and post up a BoS if I can figure out how to do it. Scanner I think!! Car is outside my home still as they have kindly given me until the 23rd Jan before anything nasty happens, although Im still looking out my window every minute of the day!! Ill write a letter to them just to express my opinion/concerns. Trading standards have told me that they can't look into BoS until CAB has delivered their verdict-something about 2 companies can't work along side eachother...

Do I actually tell Mobile Money what im doing or just keep it simple, ie. im just not happy with cooperation etc. or I will still continue to give them what I can. Not sure. Ill keep you posted. Thanks again guys.

Thanks for ongoing advice, my name is on the logbook so im still pleased with that. Im still going to apply for a new one so that I have my own, Ill feel much better if I have one. Ill try and post up a BoS if I can figure out how to do it. Scanner I think!! Car is outside my home still as they have kindly given me until the 23rd Jan before anything nasty happens, although Im still looking out my window every minute of the day!! Ill write a letter to them just to express my opinion/concerns. Trading standards have told me that they can't look into BoS until CAB has delivered their verdict-something about 2 companies can't work along side eachother...

Do I actually tell Mobile Money what im doing or just keep it simple, ie. im just not happy with cooperation etc. or I will still continue to give them what I can. Not sure. Ill keep you posted. Thanks again guys.

If it was me I would have my own copy just for piece of mind. I'm not sure if there is a charge for it...

Do you have a scanner? If you do, use photobucket (google it) the images will be nice and clear, don't forget to remove your details..

Its understandable that TS don't want to step on CAB toes-but they could have given you a pointer in the right direction-so you will need to do a bit of reading and try and get your head around the BoS and CCA.

Start with the BoS First.

There are a number of thing that it MUST conform too to be Valid. If the BoS is void/invalid it puts puts more emphasise on the CCA to be correct-due to the Credit Consumer Act 1974 (plus revissions). which they must follow. What I have noticed is that the guys drawing these up are lazy or just not filling them in correctly-lots of mistakes have been made.

If you do a search on APPLECART, NICKY BODDMIN and UKDEVELOPER they have really got into the technical side. You have a little time-if you can draw a reg letter to MM, state clearly what you want to happen, keep a copy of the letter and make a note of when the signed for it-for your records. You can only try-plus it looks good if they do go further.

Above all don't trust them, even though they said that the 23rd is the day. Hide it for you own piece of mind.

trooper68