Ecarinsurance WARNING!

Mossycat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Never in all my years have I come across a company who operate like Ecarinsurance.co.uk

First off the only way to contact them is by a premium rate phone number (£1 per minute), they will not under any circumstances give you another number to use.

Second off, they are so slow at replying to emails (probably because they want to frustrate you into using their premium rate phone lines).

But the very worst is the hoops they make customers jump through.

A friend of mine took out a policy with them and within hours of accepting the online quote she had found a lot of bad publicity about them and decided to cancel. So, she emailed them straight away exercising her right to cancel but they wouldn't accept it because she hadn't returned the certificate of insurance (she couldn't return it because they hadn't yet sent it). They also refused not to send it and insisted that she had to wait to receive it and then send it back othgerwise they wouldn't cancel.

They do this because then they can try and levy a £50 admin charge.

Even after someone had signed for it in their office they still denied having received it back and only the very real threat of a County Court Summons prompted them into a giving a refund

If this is how they treat potential/existing customers then I'd hate to see how they treat policyholders who need their help in dealing with a claim.

I'd seriously think twice before using Ecarinsurance.co.uk

Mossy

Avoid the premium rate numbers by using one of the following landline numbers which could get you through to any possible department within Ecarinsurance - if they start to get shirty, just ask them to internally transfer you.

01454 634100

0117 934 2111

• Haha 1

Avoid the premium rate numbers by using one of the following landline numbers which could get you through to any possible department within Ecarinsurance - if they start to get shirty, just ask them to internally transfer you.

01454 634100

0117 934 2111

Yeah you spend 15 minutes on there going round in circles, talking to a brick wall is easier!

Mossy

• 2 years later...

VERY IMPORTANT NEGATIVE REVIEW THIS COMPANY EVERYWHERE: AUTOTRADER, ALL CAR CLUBS, RAC, AA, GREEN FLAG, BANKS, SOLICITORS, PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW WHAT [EDIT] THIS LOT ARE BEFORE THEY GET HERE MAKE IT KNOWN EVERYWHERE, THINK HOW LONG IT TOOK YOU TO MAKE THE MONEY THEY [EDIT] FROM YOU AND SPEND THAT MANY HOURS POSTING REVIEWS ON EVERY SITE YOU CAN FIND ON THE INTERNET. BELIEVE ME YOU CAN DO IT FOLLOW MY LEAD THEY TOOK ME FOR £300+ THAT IS 50 HOURS I WILL SPEND MUCH MORE TIME THAN THAT!!! GOOD LUCK DO YOUR FELLOW BRITS A FAVOUR WARN THEM ALL BEFORE THEY GET STUNG!!!!

ecar quoted me £423 for my policy, then asked me to send license & proofof NCD to them which I did, I had lost my NCD & sent a letter with renewal clearly stating this. They refunded me £51. I e-mailed them and said you have given me £51 back because you have discounted my NCB when I have lost my NCB by knocking a wall down claim value £945, I informed them of this a 2nd time in an e-mail. They e-mailed me back that I had not disclosed the loss of my NCB my insurance premium would be rising by £511 and they wanted it in 7-days. I have cancelled the policy losing £100,s informed the Financial Services Ombudsman, Trading Standards, my credit card company and reporting for breaching the "Supplyof Good Act 1982" and contacting "Watchdog" I ask everyone to take these measures. I also contacted "confused.com" and told them they had a fraudulent company operating under their name. EVERYONE PLEASE DO THE SAME!!!!!!

Edited by honeybee13
Removing potentially contentious words.