Help please - Ive fallen at the 1st hurdle lol

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK at the end of May I phoned 08457 203040 and requested the last 6 years of statements (may 2000 to may 2006). The girl i spoke to seemed to actually be very helpful. She advised that there would be a £5 charge for this which i knew already. She then asked me if the statements were required with a view to claiming back bank charges. I replied "yes" and she then informed me that instead of oredering 6 years of statements, she could simply arrange for a letter to be sent out to me which would detail all my charges over the last 6 years and that this would be free of charge. 'Fantastic' i thought and asked for this to be done.

I waited appx 3 weeks and i finally received a letter from halifax dated 13/06/06.

The letter said...

"I refer to the above numbered account and your recent request for a list of all charges relating to your account over the last six years.

For this information please refer to your statements...."

Back to square1 - 3 weeks wasted!

I phoned hbos and the gentleman i spoke to apologised and said "thats not good enough" and offered to send me the 6 years statements free of charge.

From that day to this i have received...

A brown A4 envelope containg the first 3years 2months of the 6 years requested.

Phoned back to complain and then received

Another A4 envelope containing the last 16 months of the 6 year period.

Phoned back to complain and then received

8 x standard white envelopes containing an exact duplicate copy of the 16 months i had received the week before.

Phoned back to complain and received

A4 envelope with part of the missing period required plus an overlap (duplicate) of the 1st period.

Basically i am still missing a period of 5 months from the 6 year period and i have repeatedly requested for it to be 'chased up' and all i ever get told is "all i can do is put the order through to the business centre again"

or

"the requested has been actioned and your statements have been sent 1st class and will receive them in the next couple of days"

Of course I dont and i phone back to be told that they havent actually been sent out yet because the business centre havent actioned your request yet!

WTF!!!

I am going round in circles here and its driving me crazy!

It has been over 3 months now and I still havent received a full set of statements!

Can anyone advise me on what to do next or how best to deal with this?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post - rant over now LOL

TD

Hi can sympathise with all the delaying tactics - though thankfully ours wasnt quite this bad. The charge was taken from our account on 27th June - took us til 25th August to get the statements.

Several phone calls to telephone banking and visits to our branch til finally I was invited upstairs and actually got to see the screen with all our calls logged!

Someone had finally noted our request as 13th August! - when i asked how come they took the £5 charge in June they couldnt even give me an answer.

If you can get in to your branch and get to see your account screen you can at least see evidence that they are dealing with it. When I finally go to see ours it said 'statements sent 22nd August'.

Hope you get your missing statements soon - the thing I like about this website is that you can always see people just ahead of you in the process so you know whats coming & it really does give you hope!

good luck!!

Morris v Halifax

Data Protection Act letter sent 20/6

Charge deducted from account 27/6

6 yrs statements received 25/8

Prelim sent 30/8 (£1014 charges + £156.11 interest).

Std reply & complaints leaflet received 5/9

Offer received £70 9/9

LBA sent 12/9

No reply to LBA - MCOL requested 26/9

Offer received 26/9 - £218.

MCOL issued 26/9, acknowledged 29/9

Offer 29/9 - full amount ex. o/draft interest

Accepted as partial

Credited to account 12/10

AQ sent for rest

Morris1 v Barclaycard

Prelim letter sent 31/8 (£60 charges + interest).

Standard reply 9/9

Offer 12/9 - full amount!! :smile:

Morris 2 v Barclaycard (Mrsbass!):

Data Protection Act letter sent 7/9

Standard reply received 19/9 inc statements 5/04 to date and microfiche bilge.

Prelim 20/9 £100+interest actual, +same estimated.

LBA 3/10

Partial offer £48 6/10

Hi when i received statements for only one of the 2 accounts i had asked for i phoned Tim Boothroyd on 01422 332991 (his name was on the bottom of a letter i had received) he said he would get the missing statements to me and to my supprise i received them the next day by recorded delivery- so try that & good luck

:-| mosessupposes

Halifax claim 1: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 07/05/06

Prelim " 30/08/06

LBA " 22/09/06

MCOL " 11/10/06

Money in account 25/10/06 Settled in full

Halifax claim 2: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 07/05.06

8 years claimed

Prelim " 30/08/06

LBA & offer

rejection " 22/09/06

MCOL " 11/10/06

6 years of claim offered 25/10/06

15/11/06 default filed

16/11/06 warrant requested

Capital 1 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 11/10/06

Black Horse S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 17/11/06

Egg CC/Loan SAR sent 17/11/06

Haliax ERC pre-lim sent 17/11/06

When I called the Halifax for my statements I was told they could run a report to give the figure I required right there and then. They gave me the amount I had been charged over the six year period within 30 seconds. I spoke to a customer services manager called Jules Hurl. He was very helpful.

My statements came in the post within the week and the figure I worked out from my statements were exactly the same as the figure he had quoted.

I'd phone and ask for the figure while you are waiting for the rest of your statements. At least that way you can be sending off your prelimary letter in the meantime.

Sent Data Protection Act Letter 06/06/2007

26/07/2006 Received 33 envelopes containing statements. (33 letters for a fiver .... bargain lol)

:o

27/07/2006 Sent Prelim Letter via email to halifax

10/08/2006 Received Halifax letter offering me £178.00 (goodwill gesture):rolleyes:

11/08/2006 Sent LBA letter out excepting goodwill gesture but not as final settlement. Persuing the rest in court.

01/09/2006 Taken the claim to County Court.

05/06/2006 Claim sent back by the courts... I hadn't put the court address in the top right hand corner :x Took it back to the court 06/09/2006 won't get issued until tomorrow ........... if I'm in luck!

08/09/2006 Received 2nd offer of £524.00. 09/09/2006 claim is served :D .

13/09/2006 I WON, I WON, I WON. Full monies paid back.

turbodiesel, it seems this has happened mainly due to the fact that you've not followed the relatively strict guidelines set out here with regards to getting 6 years worth of statements. When done via the phone, you yourself have "very little to none" correspondence that will stand up if required. If you'd have sent them a letter (template available on this site) you'd have a hard copy of everything. It's unfortunate that they're delaying you somewhat. Good Luck.

Regards

S

Halifax PLC - £607 - SETTLED IN FULL

Halifax Card Services - £1142 - SETTLED IN FULL

MBNA Europe - £842 - SETTLED IN FULL + INTEREST!

I'm afraid I agree with spuddy,If the proceedure aint broke don't try to fix it.Stick to the plan its like that for a reason and that is that this is how it works when it comes to Law.I did it with the data protection letter request form as stated here in FAQ's,In a week I had all my statements for the last six years Then another lot then another lot.Yes how mad what value for £10 3 lots of 149 pages,So begs the question why does it cost £39 to send just 1?.The other thing I feel is the banks can tell when your not taking advice and will probably treat you with the contempt it deserves,but if the banks detect that you know what your doing or that the advice comes from this site they probably won't,remember there are thousands of people here to back you up not just 1 and these have to be a precedent surely, especially when it gets down to the nity grity.I'm just a lay person here,stick to the plan and read lots of these threads and stick to your time schedule.Regards Nij

HALIFAX CURRENT ACCOUNT SETTLED IN FULL 9/9/06.

N1 form completed 05-06-07,LBA sent 14-05-07,2nd go!Prelim sent 24/04/07

Halifax Visa 1.Paid in full

Halifax Classic.Paid in full.

LBA sent 14-05-07,GMAC prelim sent 24/04/07

Data Protection Act for halifax mortgage 16/09/06.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice people.

As mentioned above, I initially requested this info in May 2006, This was before i happened to stumble upon this fantastic and amazing well informed website, hence my excuse for not following the guidelines set out here.

Once i receive the missing 4 months statements which i have been advised by the Glasgow contact centre will be within the next 7 days (heard that before!), then please rest assured i will be following the guidelines to a tee.

But thank you for all your help and advice so far, hopefully i will get through this and end up with a result, and i will then have the experience to help others who are just starting out across this minefield :)

I will kepp ou updates.

Cheers

TD

ok i just phoned 01422 332991 as suggested in post above by moses.

I spoke to a Nicola Inett - I got a much more positive response and i was advised i would get my missing statements within 3 days (exc sunday).

I explained i had been told this so many times already from advisors at the call centre.

"Well were not the call centre" were her exact words :)

Fingers crossed !

TD

how's it going have you had any joy? or statements even!

:-| mosessupposes

Halifax claim 1: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 07/05/06

Prelim " 30/08/06

LBA " 22/09/06

MCOL " 11/10/06

Money in account 25/10/06 Settled in full

Halifax claim 2: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 07/05.06

8 years claimed

Prelim " 30/08/06

LBA & offer

rejection " 22/09/06

MCOL " 11/10/06

6 years of claim offered 25/10/06

15/11/06 default filed

16/11/06 warrant requested

Capital 1 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 11/10/06

Black Horse S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 17/11/06

Egg CC/Loan SAR sent 17/11/06

Haliax ERC pre-lim sent 17/11/06

• 2 weeks later...

Hooray, today i finally received the 'missing' statements, although they are not in the usual format of statements sent periodically via the post, but more a computer printout with alot of other mumbo jumbo data alongside.

I cant believe its taken a few days short of 4 months to receive the statements i requested!!

Anyways, now onto stage 2, calculating the total amount i am claiming and preparing my preliminary letter.

By the way, where do i send this letter to? Should it be addressed to my local branch or to head office or to a specific dept within HBOS?

TIA

TD

Just to add - the data i received today was from a N.I.Inett - I presume this is the Nicola Inett i spoke to 8th September on the 01422 332991 number.

They were sent via Special Delivery :D