Desperate for help...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5028 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well, where do i start??? I am in the situation that i need some desperate desperate help and i think its wise to give the full story so please bear with the long post.

I split from my ex-partner 2.5 years ago after our house got repossessed after all her secret loans and credit cards etc. We went private rented then more financial issues came to light so i left her and was effectively homeless. I was lucky enough that after 7 weeks i got a rented placed. Then came the demands for cash from the ex-missus.

During this time i met someone else who i am still with.The council tax bills got behind when i lost my job and with having to pay the ex i could not catch up. My new partner and i were lucky enough to buy a house (new build from barrats) and the repossession did not show up. I was led to believe that the sale of the house was of market value as i sourced the buyer BUT the courts would not let me continue to sell the house.

Bear with me-anyway got a new house and the mortage was only £623 a month. In March last year the council dedcuted 2 montsh wages for council tax which led me to a shortfall on the mortgage payments. My now partner was now pregnant and in august the maternity pay kicked in leaving us around 300 month short.

Barrats got us into some hassle as they failed to notify EON of gas and electric supply (and despite me calling them they did not recognise the MPS or us as people) On top of this the new house did not get its council band valuation until october and they want me to pay 212 month which i genuinely cant.

The point i am getting to now is that i paid £200 council tax leaving me short to pay the water and now they want payments left right and centre and now after 12 months we have just got a whopping gas end electric bill come through from Eon. In november beacuse i wasnt getting any joy from eon i contacted british gas who were going to put us on the electric. I got a letter from Bg saying that they could not connect us and whilst sorting out the eon bill recently have now found out that yes we did get connected to bg.

Everything has now come to a head because of the mortgage shortfall of £1100 i am paying off £150 a month more on the mortgage which is leaving me short to pay utiltites. Im being threatened by BG, EON and Staffs water to discinnect supplies and add all these charges on top for a pyament meter.

To make matters worse i have this week recieved a letter for demands of £2937 relating to the sale of my house from my ex after repossesion dating back to dec06, yet i have not heard from them before and accoding to it, neither has my ex.

I take home £1294 a month of which i pay

MORTGAGE TO HALIF AX£750

PAYMENTS TO EX FOR KIDS £150

STAFFS WATER £50

TV LICENCE £19

HOUSE INSURANCE £21

CAR INSURANCE £29

FUEL FOR WORK £120

Whats left goes on food.

My partner who is on maternity tales home £337 month. Out of that she pays

1 CONTRACT PHONE FOR ME £35

1 CONTRACT PHONE FOR HER £25

DFS SUITE £50

HFC PC £38

HFC TV £31

LIFE INSURANCE £36

VIRGIN TV AND NET £35

CATALOGUE £10

rest of money on food and for little one

I have been forced to pay £50 on water each month as staff water wanted £100 over 2 months to clear in order i can then have regular DD.

I now have the following demands

EON ELECTRIC £358

EON GAS £ 670

BG ELECTRIC £158

STAFF WATER £211

As you can see not massive amounts and not huge debt as thats all we have bit am being crippled by payments to the ex and the fact my new partner i son matenity leave.

Bear in mind that so far i have heard nothing from the council tax and am dreading next month as i think my wages will have been docked and if they have been then i cant pay my mortgage.

What can i do?

What can i do about the £2900 sale of the house?

Oh and yes found out that the ex had a credit card in my name for £1803 and i ver knew about it and this has come tolight in last 2 months. She denies it .

Please help. My life has been hell until i met my new girl and i dont want to let her down. I love her to bits but i cant cope anymore.

Edited by meandbex

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2011 - Loans.co.uk (GE Finance) £1504.77

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

2019 - Citicard - £1071.31

you should lose your phones, get pay as you go, lose virgin get a set top box., and speak to utilities to go on meters then you will pay as you go but pay a bit off your debts as well. your priority is your mortgage. if you are in that much trouble, lose the luxuries. 50 quid a month on a sofa...catalogues which charge the earth anyway.....you could trim a load off your payments yourself.

thing is the sofa was 17 month but hitachi capital put it up to 50 cos of missed payments

virgin we locked into 18 months and there 10 months left

phones are 18 months contract with 13 months left

catalogue only 147 left to pay

utilities want to charge 361 for payment meters on top of debt aleady

i dont see by your post how any of that will help tbh

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

just thinking what my mum always said. let anyone chase your except your mortgage provider. at least then you will have the roof over your head. i was in your position at maggie thatchers depression and i lost my home. i ended up in rented, and metered everything, but no bills come through my door anymore and i sleep at night. you are in such a mess, prioritise....pay your main providers and let the others wait. offer them a couple of pounds a week at least you are showing willing and courts will accept this given your situation.

Hi

Have you considered remortgaging to clear your debts in full, as a full and final?

The other options that you could consider is to enter into a dmp and make a small surplus payment into the dmp each month until your debts are cleared in full, or until your situation improves. This way, someone will be able to act on your behalf to deal with arrears, court action etc for you. You will then be able to be assured that a payment is coming out each month and getting distributed to your creditors. All debts, including phone bills etc can be paid through the dmp. You could try Payplan or CCCS for this as they are free DMPs and work with your creditors.

It does not sound as though you have much spare money, however an IVA may be an option if you have. If you take away any arrears payments for your utility bills from your budget i.e council tax, and other utilities including phone bills, this should free up more disposable income. In an IVA, all of these bills are included as debts in the IVA and as you would be making one IVA payment each month that would get distributed to all creditors, including your utility companies, you would not need to make an additional payment towards the arrears, and these debts will be written of after 5 years with the rest of your debts. This would be worth looking into.

I hope this helps

I think my sitaution may force me to go bankrupt.

If so will i have to sell my house?

How will it affect me getting a property from council?

If i do have to sell what happens to the negative £27,000 shortfall? Does that alos get written off?

For utility bills ie gas and electric do they also get written off?

For my pc and sofa on HP do they have to be returned? Or could they simply have been sold ;) in order that i can use them elsewhere?

Help appreciated before i decide what to do.

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

I think my sitaution may force me to go bankrupt.

If so will i have to sell my house?

Not neccasarily - it will depend on the equity and if youwant ot keep it or not.

How will it affect me getting a property from council?

If i do have to sell what happens to the negative £27,000 shortfall? Does that alos get written off?

If you want to include the shortfall in the BR then the selling of the house will not eb your responsibility, it wil lfall to the OR and mortgage co to sort out.

For utility bills ie gas and electric do they also get written off?

Not current bills - some arrears may do.

For my pc and sofa on HP do they have to be returned? Or could they simply have been sold ;) in order that i can use them elsewhere?

These are secured debts and not included, unless you want them to be.

Help appreciated before i decide what to do.

More infor here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/formal-solutions-bankruptcy-administration/56970-insolvency-dealing-debt.html

How much do you owe?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

i guess to be honest its not as much as what i owe as to what i cant keep on top of from missus being on maternity pay.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/getting-out-debt/188563-desperate-help.html

as for my house.....

The house was £158000 from Barratts. We bought it on a 75/25 VALUE which means we own the house 100% but for 118000 which is 75%. The 25% (40000) is then payable within next 10 years meaning re-mortgage.

The value of the house is now £126,000 so we are told and that by selling we would only get ack £91000. That means the shortfall from original mortgage.

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

Its not as much about what i owe. more abotu trying to keep on top of what i have now as missus on maternity leave. See my post here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/getting-out-debt/188563-desperate-help.html

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

I don't think you should consider Bankruptcy (from other thread)

You need to draw up a sensible budget and lose some of the things you don't need as the previous poster said. Then see what surplus income you ahve and make a pro rata offer to your creditors.

Are you claiming tax credits? Check here Start Calculation

How much arrears have you on council tax? Where are they taking the payments from? have they been to court for an attachemnt of earnings - if so what does the order say?

WHo decided that £150 per month was reasonable on your amortgage arrears? How much in arrears are you now?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

i think your right. ie internet could reduced, phone contracts reduced and hp payments reduced

i get tax credits of 72 month

arrears on council tax are 1000. no attatchment of earnings done as yet but expecting it

mortgage arrears are 1200 but after speaking to them today nd explaining my circumstances they are agreeing to 2 months payments of 268 LESS to help sort ourselves out and then after that just an xtra 50 month to start paying arrears off

Edited by meandbex

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

• 1 month later...

i am really sorry if this is in the wrong place

I got a copy of my credit report through and there are 2 things i have noticed, but am unsure if they should be corrected or not?

1. There are duplicate entries for the same thing with same date same value etc-is that right or should it be corrected

2. i fell behind on a pc hp payment with HFC last year by 4 months. It was reffered to capquest who now recieve my monthly payments. I have paid on time for last 6 months now. Yet it shows on my file with HFC that i am in default and am to may 09. Is this also right or does it need correcting?

Any help and advice is appreciated.

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

Hi, can someone point me in right direction at all please?

Ive sent a CCA request letter to Lovells for a credit card debt i had. This request was sent to them on 12th march 2009.

5 days later i got a letter saying they was trying to get their hand on it and would be in touch in the statutory 14 day deadline.

Ive heard nothing so far. Whats my next route please of action???

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

i am really sorry if this is in the wrong place

I got a copy of my credit report through and there are 2 things i have noticed, but am unsure if they should be corrected or not?

1. There are duplicate entries for the same thing with same date same value etc-is that right or should it be corrected

2. i fell behind on a pc hp payment with HFC last year by 4 months. It was reffered to capquest who now recieve my monthly payments. I have paid on time for last 6 months now. Yet it shows on my file with HFC that i am in default and am to may 09. Is this also right or does it need correcting?

Any help and advice is appreciated.

1. Duplicate entries can be removed. You can write to the CRF to tell them about this and they will contact the lender to remove the duplicated entry.

2. This would need correcting but on this occasion I would write to the CRF and Capquest to inform them that the payment history is incorrect. The Data Protection Act 1998 states that information must be accurate.

Good luck and if you have any questions fire away.

• 1 month later...

got my letter back-they are unable to supply the cca!!!! Its from Lovells and they say they have had to close the case.

What happens now?

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

It'll be passed back to the OC who will no doubt pass it on to the next lot of DCA low-life on their list. Keep that letter from Lowells safe - if anyone else writes to you, you can send them the bemused letter, including a copy of the Lowells letter ;)

EDIT - Aye, as Cerber said :D

It'll be passed back to the OC who will no doubt pass it on to the next lot of DCA low-life on their list. Keep that letter from Lowells safe - if anyone else writes to you, you can send them the bemused letter, including a copy of the Lowells letter ;)

EDIT - Aye, as Cerber said :D

really!!! :cool:

might be interesting then......theyve wrote to me now regarding a mobile contract and a overdraft...sent em the same cca letter and now theyve written back saying if they can find the other files they will bein touch.

If they cant get hold of one i doubt theyll get hold of the others????

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

Mobile phones and overdrafts are NOT covered by CCA1974 - you would need to send either the prove it letter to the DCA OR a SAR to the original creditor to see if there are any unfair charges etc., etc.

• 1 month later...

well thanks to the great advise and help on here i had recently requested my CCA from Lowells financial for 2 credit cards.

The 2 credit card companies do not any longer have these details on their system/files to provide lowells with.

Lowells have said that the matter is closed and will hear nothing more from them.

Thing is, on my credit file now, can the financial info be taken off or shall i let sleeping dogs lie until it comes off in 3 years time?

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

you can only ask them to remove it as they cannot provde anything to confirm they have your writeen consent to process your data.

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I think this depends on the history.

If you paid the cards off - The accounts were closed and they no longer need to deal with s77/78 requests and that is a true history on your credit file.

If the agreements were unenforceable, you could likely argue they never has the right to add this to your credit file. Seems to be much debated over on the main thread.