recommended 3rd party help

danhere
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, great work here by you all, I am about to start the process by approaching my branch first. However if i do have to start more formal proceedings is there a 3rd party organisation that you recommend who could take the task off my hands.

obviously it must be a reputable operation as they will have access to the most sensitive of personal info. i.e my bank account details.

any advice would be gratefully received,

cheers

dan......

Preliminary request sent to lloyds 7.3.07

LBA sent to lloyds 21.3.07

N1 form filed at the court 4.4.07

Are you reluctant to do it yourself? It is a bit mindblowing at first, but there is lots of help here. I am a pensioner and quite mathematically challenged (lol) but I have received my acknowledgement from the court and am waiting, very impatiently, for some money. I would have said that if I can do it, anyone can!!

DDD.

Dolly Day Dream

i can do it myself but i would enjoy the convenience of having it done for a small fee.

Danhere,

CAG is a self help site, and due to certain regulations is not allowed to reccomend any 3rd parties.

It appears you are a new member, and as such the whole process can seem very daunting and confusing. Give it all some time, read the step by step guides, and Frequently asked questions, surf around some of the threads and get a better understanding of the process. You may find it is not as daunting as it first appears. Then make a decision as to whether you wish to proceed on your own, or wish to seek outside help.

If you really do feel that you want to hand the matter over to a 3rd party, then the best way to source them is either through reccomendation from a friend or familly member, or you can ask someone like your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

I would however reccomend you exercise caution when involving another party. A lot of "No win no Fee" are now jumping onboard, and may appear to offer attractive terms, however make sure you understand them before agreeing to them.

I have heard of cases (not necessarily bank charges claims) in which claimants have "won" but ended up with considerably less than expected, sometimes nothing, and sometimes even been out of pocket.

This is because, even though you can try to include Legal fees and costs in your claim, they can only be awarded by a judge at the court stage, so you need to make sure that any offers recieved before court stage do also include all these costs, otherwise they may come from your settlement, and can be considerable.

Also, you are often handing over your right to accept or decline any offers made before a possible court case, and depending on the terms you have, they may be entitled to assess for themselves, without consulting you, whether or not it would beneficial to continue. This could just simply be based upon deciding if it is to their own benefit to continue or not rather than to yours. If any such offers prior to court do not include their costs, as they may be entitled to claim these from yourself instead, they would have little motivation to proceed as they would recieve the same sums either way.

Do not let all this put you off the idea of involving a 3rd party if you decide to though. There are a lot of reputable companies out there, who will discuss and explain matters to you properly, and this route may be best for your own circumstances. Just be careful who you choose, and be careful about the terms you agree to.

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

cheers photoman,

i am pretty well read on the subject and on this site and others and continue to learn more. I've been thinking about doing this for about 5 months now but whereas i have the understanding and confidence in the proceedures to take I do somewhat lack the motivation to sort it out.

simply put , i'm a lazy sod....

Guest NATTIE

I just spotted this and I am always of the opinion that people who do it themselves get a sense of pride when they win moreso than letting the birds of prey do it for them which as other members who in a momentary lapse into the claws of those birds of prey realised that 25% meant selling their soul. Most unlike Faust, made sure their soul was purified on the CAG and won their case and went for more. As your mother would say, stop being a lazy sod and do it yourself:D

hi everyone

i,m claiming £37000 from the nat west (business account) at this time im waiting for corbetts to submit there defence should know monday or tuesday next week

When i submitted my mcol papers i didn't use the business template will i need to re-submit them ??????

I'm not sure i can add much to whats been said.

Some find the idea of having a third part reclaim your charges for you somehow 'wrong'.

I don't share the same view, in principle I cannot see the objection to paying someone to do a job for you.

However, I do recognise this is a self help site and most of the people who come here want to deal with the issues themselves.

IF someone knew of a reputable company who do do this for a fee they were happy with I don't see the harm.

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Im not sure i can add much to whats been said.

Some find theidea of having a third part recliam your charges for you somehow 'wrong'.

I dont share the same view, in principle I cannot see the objection to paying somoen to do a job for you.

However, I do recognise this is a self help site and most of the poepe who come here want to deal with the issues themselves.

IF someone knew of a repuateable company who do do this for a fee they were happy with I dont see the harm.

JMHO

Glenn

Glenn,

I do agree. People should not feel pressganged into biting off more than they can chew.

Just be cautious when seeking outside help. Given all the recent publicity, there are a lot of hyena's circling in on the unwary, but also a lot of reputable companies. ;)

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

after reading some great help from fellow claimies im going to reclaim myself for 2 reasons

1. im in control

2. i keep the refund (all of it)

3 rd party companies are only doing what we can do 4 ourselves . with the help and free advice thats available here i cant see the point in paying someone alot of money .

thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys

regards

scott

yes I've decided to go ahead myslf and have just sent my SAR letter....

cheers guys......

dan.......

what can be classed as reputable companies? just for clarification of course:D

LOL Nattie, im sure they must have a trade body, but in truth life is full of minefields wai8tng for the unawary :D

Only the other day i was ripped of by a gas fitting company repairing my boiler for me.

As I said I recognise the difficulties but that doesnt mean to say that some people may prefer that route. I was simply making the observation that they shouldnt feel obliged to do it themselves simply because this is a self help site.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA