Concilia Debt recovery, no such company

version302003
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3678 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My sister received a letter today from CONCILIA DEBT RECOVERY demanding full payment, their client is united utilities.

I have checked the fsa register, companies house and Data Protection Act register and no such company exists.

They are based in the same town as United Utilities but have a different postcode which is quite far away from UU.

I did a search of concilia under united utilities of the fsa website and Data Protection Act site but nothing. I even googled it but nothing.

Any advice?

PROBABLY UNITED T/A OR PART OF THEIR GROUP[ OR SOMETHING. could also be a one man band trading as a dc.

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

I Googled Concilia Debt and came up with an address - VERTEX HOUSE

GREENCOURTS BUSINESS PARK, 333 STYAL ROAD MANCHESTER LANCASHIRE

M22 5TX and the company number, entered into Companies House meant this company and its address came up

FIRST REVENUE ASSURANCE UK LIMITED, PEGASUS HOUSE, KINGS BUSINESS PARK, LIVERPOOL ROAD PRESCOT MERSEYSIDE L34 1PJ

Under previous names Companies House records state

Date of change Previous Name

31/03/2006 CONCILIA DEBT RECOVERY LIMITED

23/03/2000 CONCILIA DEBT MANAGEMENT LIMITED

03/11/1999 VERTEX (SCOTLAND) LIMITED

10/04/1997 VERTEX SCOTLAND LIMITED

28/02/1997 INHOCO 586 LIMITED

This company are registered with the Information Commissioner. Ignore these muppets and contact United Utilities and ask them what's what. Depsite what some companies might say they are responsible for the actions of their appointed debt collectors.

I phoned concilia today and she confirmed they are concilia debt recovery over the phone and are a separate company from United Utilities (after asking me how I knew there number and being narked because I wouldn't give an account number).

But after a bit of research I have found out that

United Utilities own Vertex data systems ltd

Vertex Data systems ltd own First Revenue Assurance uk

First Revenue Assurance is the new name of concilila debt recovery(since mar 06 through name change).

First Revenue Assurance is a dormant company and according to companies house

"If it is to remain dormant, a company cannot have paid employees because their wages would have to be recorded in the accounting records". - I spoke to a employee today and she didn't sound like a charity worker.Also, First revenue might have a Data Protection Act license but they dont list concilia debt recovery as an "other known name" on the Data Protection Act register. But they are still trading as concilia debt recovery.(as per letter and telephone), so should they have a Data Protection Act license also?

Anyway Ive wrote a letter for my sister to UU and lets see what they say.

I would also consider reporting "Concilia" and their parent companies to the OFT, the FSA and the ICO. This is likely to constitute an offence at least somewhere along the line. You could tell these offices their 'phone number and address... ;)

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

reply fom OFT

Thank you for your recent email. A check on the Public Register of Consumer Credit Licence holders has shown that this trader may be operating without a valid licence. It is not clear whether they are affiliated with United Utilities, however, if they are an inhouse department they would still be required to be listed as a trading name on the parent company's licence.

As it happens, I cannot find a record of a licence in Concilia Debt Recovery's name, or listed as a trading name of another company.

As this trader does not hold a consumer credit licence, we are unable to take any actionon this matter. You may wish to contact your local trading standards authority, who can take action against this trader in conjunction with local law enforcement.

I hope this information is of some use.

• Haha 1

Well done pelham for taking the next step.

anyome that has received a letter from concilla should really go ahead and contact TS.

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any more news on this one? Had a letter (dated 18th September) asking for money on behalf of united utilities, but I have a blunt approach of refusing to negotiate with debt collectors (offering them nothing more than the bare minimum, and even then in writing).

Should I just go through the regular approach of sending off the budget reports and what not, or should I send a letter asking for them to pass it back to united utilities because I refuse to deal with a company operating without a license?

Edit: Just to clarify, the letter was indeed off Concilia

Edited by Aterlatus

I have been pestered by Concilia since August saying that I have not paid my water charges which I pay a card first in our local post office and then in a local newsagents. I spoke to them on the phone after the first letter arrived and they insist that I still owe the money.

When the second letter arrived I sent them photocopies of payment receipts along with a covering letter by recorded delivery.

Today I received a letter from them dated six days ago saying that unless I make full payment in 14 days they are going to take proceedings against me.

Aghast at this I emailed United Utilities explaining that I have all receipts as proof of payment and that I sent Concilia copies of the receipts. I have told them now that I will only deal directly with them and not Concilia.

If this does evntually end up in court then I shall just take along all my payment receipts and show them to the court.

Concilia are not an independent debt collection agency. They have no licence registered under Concilia but rely on United Utilities debt collection licence.

Letters from Concilia are letters from United Utilities and are written in UU's debt collection office. Presumaably UU consider that this charade is more effective than writing to you under the UU label. Ignore communications from Concilia and address all communications to UU.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi - I have also just received a letter from Concilia ... again a United Utilities outstanding invoice. I have email the FSA to ask for their guidance .... Please can someone just confirm that I should not reply to their letter or phone them as they are not trading legally??? Thanks

• 2 years later...

I have received one of these letters with outstanding debt in the hundreds.

I am only 21 years old still living at home with my mother.

I pay her board and as the home-owner, she pays her water through the post office.

I got me worried at first and am glad to see this thread.

I just feel sorry for the vulnerable people without internet etc who will just pay this.

Something needs to be done about them!

Report them to trading standards and something will be done.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 1 year later...
From another website.

I work for United Utilities , there so called "concillia" debt collection company is mearly a different PO box number , it gets sent to the same office, it gets open and read by the same staff who deal with everyday UU mail,

I used to work for TV Licensing and TV Licensing have the same resource, theirs is called 'Akinika' which, is based in the same building just a different department "akinika debt recovery".

This Concilia seems to be very rash and pushy, the letter they send can be quite intimidating.

I got a letter from them today and the silly thing is they said to make an online payment. {You can also make a payment through the United Utilities website}, they are funny.

Why could they just say something like: "Your account has been passed onto our debt recovery department here with in United Utilities", why make up some other company?

This a very old thread, if you need advice please start a new thread as you may well get missed on the old one.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

It is incorrect to state that Akinika [formerly iQor] are just a disguised TV Licensing. They are one of the larger DCAs and TVL just one of their main clients. No comparison with the Concilia/United set-up.