• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Fred Bassett v Egg/Credit Solutions

Fred Bassett
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What a fine site this is, I'm afraid that my Wife is becoming a CAG widow.

Anyway, I've just been down the the Post Office for a bunch of £1 postal orders with the intention of getting some CCA letters sent off. This particular topic intrigues me as it seems that in a few cases the necessary paperwork can't be produced and that's it - bingo! no more debt. (I know it's not as simple as that, but for a quid, it's definitely worth exploring this avenue in my book as you just never know).

So I want to start with Egg and their partners-in-crime, Credit Solutions. I don't know how many of you have had the pleasure of dealing with Credit Solutions but I can assure you that they are a bunch of grade A sh*ts. They use the most underhand and devious methods imaginable and employ an army of semi-house trained baboons to try and put the frighteners on their 'clients'. In my view, as an entity, Credit Solutions is the lowest form of life since the syphilis germ, so this is as much about revenge as getting my money back/lowering my debt.

So, to the matter at hand: I have a loan agreement and a credit card with Egg, both of which are being mismanaged by Credit Solutions. I currently have a DMP with the CCCS, so I am not being chased. This has been in place for 16 months without problem, so essentially they can't touch me.

Do I have to send 2 CCA requests, or will 1 suffice?

Do I send the CCA to Egg as well as Credit Solutions?

What should I look for when I get the paperwork? (if I get it) My understanding is that sometimes people get sent the original application, not the signed agreement and that it is the agreement I should be receiving from them.

Should there be some legal paperwork from Egg that assigns to the debt to Credit Solutions? and I am legally entitled to a copy of it?

There are bound to be many more questions yet. In the meantime I'll keep reading on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

By a fantastic coincidence, I've just had a message from my friends at Credit Solutions on my dmClub voicemail (CS don't have my 'phone number and these calls cost a bomb!). I've also had a call on my mobile from a number I don't recognise. Strange, I haven't had any dealings with them for 7 or 8 months and they try to contact me as I'm typing this post!. For anyone unaware, they do this periodically. They send letters and make 'phone calls on the pretext that your DMP payment hasn't been made or some other false reason. This is of course a lie - what they really want to do is get you to increase your payment. I'll just ignore them.

That's it for now folks, I look forward to getting the benefit of your collective wisdom.

I'm off now and won't be back until midnight, so I look forward to logging on again tomorrow.

Cheers.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another question. I've assumed all along that Egg sold my debts to CSL, but I'm not sure now - CSL might just be acting on Egg's behalf. How do I find out?

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Hi Fred, I gave the Debt collection agency a call, they told me they were just acting on EGGS behalf. Could be wortha try.

Woolwich won in court/default removed Barclaycard Settled Halifax settled

Capital 1Settled GE Money Settled

Egg Settled-court action re.default 4th hearing!

Yasmin,

I don't really want to call them at the moment because I know they've been trying to call me. On the other hand I could wait until I'm in an aggressive mood.

I have written to Egg through their secure messaging system. I'll see what happens.

Cheers.

Fred

I sent a secure message to Egg through their system. They have told me that Credit Solutions are dealing with it on their behalf and that everything should go through CSL.

This morning I got 2 letters from CSL demanding a review of my payments. This gives me a bit of a problem. My income has increased by about £200 a month since the last review and this means I will end up paying more. I don't mind this in principle - eventually it will mean that I pay my debt off more quickly, but I need to build up a bit of a fighting fund and I was hoping to use the extra money for this.

I want to delay having to increase payment for a few months. If I send a CCA request, will this do the trick for me?

Cheers.

Fred

Another question. I see on some posts that if a creditor gets a DCA involved, that a 'Deed of Assignment' is required. Is this required if the DCA is just acting on their behalf or if they creditor has sold the debt? and what is the relevance of the deed?

Thanks.

Fred

If you are on a DMP, then all your income and expenditure and any reviews should be spread fairly across all your creditors, not just Egg. Any changes should be made through CCCS. The point of the DMP is you no longer need to bother with your creditors CCCS do it for you.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Gizmo, thanks for that. The problem is that once one starts so do the rest usually and DCA still put pressure on you so eventually I'd have to get the CCCS to do a review.

I want to stop DSL in their tracks for the time being and maybe this is one way of doing it.

Thanks.

Fred

Well, somewhat belatedly, I've got around to sending off my CCA requests to CSL in respect of an Egg Loan and and Egg Credit card.

Does anyone have any experience as to whether or not CSL are like to provide the correct paperwork?

Regards.

Fred

Just reading something on another post which states that I should have CCA's the original creditor. However, Egg have told me to deal with this through CSL. Should I resend this to Egg?

Advice welcome as usual.

Cheers.

Fred

Just send it to CSL - they'll then ask Egg to provide them with it and send it on to you. Please be aware that Egg are one of the few who usually can provide a copy of the agreement that is enforceable.

That being said post it when you get it so people can have a look at it - you never know something may be wrong with it.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Just a quick point Fred, I would always send the CCA request to the DCA for the following reasons.

1. They have to pass the request onto the OC if they don't have a copy of it.

2. If you send a CCA request to the OC when a DCA is involved they often don't bother to tell the DCA. Therefore the DCA just conducts its business as usual e.g. the farsical threatening letters, the phone calls from their "professional" ars*holes and the pretty posts cards they send you.

Hope you get that website up and running soon. I want to see in your letters "should you wish to contact me you can e-mail me on fred@cslr******s.com".:D

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks Rory. I'm not expecting too much to come of this to be honest with you, although you just never know. I'm just using it as a delaying tactic because CSL want an increase in payments to the CCCS. Once I've done with the CCA route I'll start on the SAR - that should really hack them off.

Cheers.

Fred

Just a quick point Fred, I would always send the CCA request to the DCA for the following reasons.

1. They have to pass the request onto the OC if they don't have a copy of it.

2. If you send a CCA request to the OC when a DCA is involved they often don't bother to tell the DCA. Therefore the DCA just conducts its business as usual e.g. the farsical threatening letters, the phone calls from their "professional" ars*holes and the pretty posts cards they send you.

Hope you get that website up and running soon. I want to see in your letters "should you wish to contact me you can e-mail me on fred@cslr******s.com".:D

Rory,

I've made a start on my web site. Have a look. If you're familiar with CSL then I think you'll enjoy it. Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

All the best.

Fred

• 1 month later...

Well I'm in a frustrating position now - see my thread: CCCS Won't Stop Payments.

If anyone can help, please let me know.

Regards.

Fred

Well, I've got no idea if I've done the right thing or not but I've just reported Credit Solutions Ltd. to my local Gendarmerie for their criminal activity in not responding to my CCA request (their time ran out on 2nd July). I don't see the point in going to Trading Standards or the ICO because they are a waste of space in my opinion.

I'm fed up and frustrated at the moment and I'm just in the mood to give somebody a metaphorical kicking. Credit Solutions will do VERY nicely in this regard.

Has anyone else ever done this? If so, what came of it?

Regards to all.

Fred

• 7 months later...

Well it's been quite a while since I posted on this thread. I've taken a leaf out our new Prime Minister's book and I've been dithering like crazy.

There have been some interesting developments though. After months of gentle persuasion, I did get my OH to agree that the DMP was not necessarily working in our favour, so that has now been stopped. This is the main reason why it's taken me so long to get around to doing anything.

As far as Egg are concerned though, this is the interesting bit: I had a credit card with them and the amount worked it's way up to about £8,000. A few years ago, I got Egg to change this to a loan with lower repayments and I kept the credit card with a £1,000 credit limit. I've CCA'd my good friends at CSLRWanchors and not surprisingly they've come up with what appears to be a properly executed agreement for the credit card. However, they can't seem to produce anything at all for the loan. So the small part of my debt with them is enforceable, but the majority of it is not and that is unequivocal because they can't produce any paperwork whatsoever, not even anything dodgy.

So far, I've had one polite reminder letter regarding a missed payment. Things could get troublesome, so I'll keep you all posted.

Cheers.

Fred.

• 1 month later...

Strangely, I can still log on to my online Egg account and I've just noticed something that I should have spotted earlier. When Egg closed the account and passed in onto CSL, the balance was £760, but when I started paying CSL, the balance was £910.

So, I've decided to SAR CSL so that I can find out what happened here. I've never really gone down this route but this intrigues me now because, as stated earlier, the original balance on this credit card was much higher but Egg agreed to turn it into a loan and now they (CSL/Egg) can't produce any paperwork whatsoever in relation to the loan.

I think that CSL have added their own charges. Is this legal?

Regards.

Fred

I think that CSL have added their own charges. Is this legal?

The courts take a very dim view of DCA's adding charges to the account unless it is a specific term of the agreement between the two parties (e.g. you and Egg) at the outset. This is highly unlikely to be the case. In fact I have an Egg card and it certainly isn't a term of my agreement.

The OFT also consider this to be an unfair practice where there is no express contractual provision to add costs for debt collection and in their view, unless their is such an express contractual provision, adding costs has no legal basis.

The courts take a very dim view of DCA's adding charges to the account unless it is a specific term of the agreement between the two parties (e.g. you and Egg) at the outset. This is highly unlikely to be the case. In fact I have an Egg card and it certainly isn't a term of my agreement.

The OFT also consider this to be an unfair practice where there is no express contractual provision to add costs for debt collection and in their view, unless their is such an express contractual provision, adding costs has no legal basis.

Thanks Rory. I don't know if this is the case yet, hence the SAR. I was actually looking at this with a view to making CSL a full and final offer, but now I think I'll hold on for a bit to see what the SAR turns up.

Regards.

Fred

• 1 month later...
My Experience of them Fred is with Egg. There may be others though,

Beau

Thanks Brummie, I hope it is Egg. Oh how I hope it's Egg. This is a classic one for me. I had an Egg credit card with a large balance on it. I then converted it to a loan, but kept the credit card with a much-reduced limit. I was nearly up to this limit when everything blew up in my face. Both of these accounts are being dealt with currently by Credit Solutions.

I CCA'd them for both accounts. The credit card appears to have all the paperwork in order (the account with the smaller balance), but they haven't been able to provide a single piece of paper, dodgy or otherwise for the loan account. I've now sent them an SAR request for the credit card because the charges I incurred on it (especially when it had the larger balance), might well be enough to clear it. As for the loan account, they've had it for now at least. I might make them a very reduced full & final offer at some point simply to get it off the books but if it is in relation to this account then they can't touch me.

Regards.

Fred

Update on both accounts:

1) CSL responded quite quickly but only gave me the details of their own dealings with me, not those relating to Egg. I've written telling that that as Egg had specifically told me to correspond with CSL, that I expect them to provide me with all of those details as well. If I have to pay another £10 then so be it, because I really do want that data. I think this could more or less blow away the debt. In any case, If I go down the charging route then It won't make too much difference.

2) The loan account. CSL/Egg can't provide any paperwork whatsoever for this account and this has now been passed to Fredericksons. Am I right in thinking that it should not have been passed on to them? I haven't actually written anything to say that this is in dispute.

I did get a voicemail call from Fredericksons asking me to contact them. I sent them an email and said 'only in writing' and was surprised to get one back from them this morning confirming that my numbers had been removed from their database.

Any advice would be much appreciated as usual.

Regards.

Fred

Bump. Am I likely to get Bryan Carter on my case? I've been reading Beau Brummie's thread and it seems like this lot are pretty unscrupulous. I just want to be ready for them - forewarned is forearmed.

Fred

Well I wrote to Frederickson telling them how surprised I was at receiving a letter from them when the account was in dispute. They've written back telling me that they have put this on hold until they receive further instructions from their client. So far it looks as if I've seen off CSL and Frederickson on this one. Fair play to Frederickson, they haven't tried to ring me since I asked them not to.

I wonder what the next move will be.

Fred

Well, surprise, surprise, more than a year after I first requested it, Egg have finally managed to produce a copy of my loan agreement and to my untrained eye it looks OK.

Could anybody tell me what, if anything, is wrong with this:

Slide1-5.jpg

Slide2-4.jpg

Regards

Fred