• Tweets

• The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
    • Despite controversy China's Temu is becoming a global online shopping force.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Dealing with Cabot 101/Cabot threads.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I thought this might be an ideal opportunity to help out the newer member of the fan club.

Info about Cabot

The Cabot Group, is made up of numerous companies. The only ones we need to concern ourselves with are Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd and Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited.

Both Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd and Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd are registered seperately with the Information Commissioners Office as different Data Controllers.

The Cabot group use Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd (previously called Kings Hill (No.1) Ltd), to purchase debts from various financial institutions.

Upon purchase of the debt, Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd, appoint Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd as their agents to collect the debt that they have purchased.

It will be Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd, that will call and write to you, demanding payment.

Do not pay them anything, until you have established the validity of the debt. Do not give in to pressure. You have more rights then you know.

There are various concerns in relation to the legalities of them sharing personal data and in relation to the way they conduct their business.

Before you call or write to Cabot, I would recommend that you first read through some of the Cabot threads. Then start your own thread to allow everyone to help you.

To get the ball rolling, I have created some standards letters, that you are all free to use. (please change to meet your individual circumstances)

Template Letters

If you are fed up of the constent telephone calls from Cabot, you can use the stopcalls letter You can even email this one to them directly to either

[email protected] or [email protected]

If you would like to establish the validity of the debt, Cabot have purchased, use the CCA letter, remember to enclose a postal order or a cheque for £1.00.

If you would like to get copies of all the information they hold about you, then use the DPA letter (this is also known as a Subject Access Request), please remember to enclose a cheque or postal order for £10.00

I am not an expert on these matters. My advice is given freely , without predjudice and without liability if things go wrong.

• Haha 2

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cabot and Ruthridge help for a newbie to this site

Cabot/Kingshill and duplicate defaults

Monument and Cabot Default Mysteries

RnScotch v Cabot

Cabot Returned my £1 Cheque

Hadituptohere V Cabot

Lufc V Monument & Cabot

Maroondevo52 v Cabot

And so the fun begins CABOT/BARCLAYCARD

Cabot/ MBNA Help!!!

Struggling Simon vs Cabot

Another Cabot Court Case

Voice messages from Cabot financial

Cabot , scotcall , bankrupt

HFO services and Cabot finance

Cabot Help Please

urgent cabot information needed from new member

Letter from Cabot- Worried

Sister V Cabot

Strange Cabot and Intrum Justitia Miracle

Debt reassigned to Cabot.

devious CABOT

Mel v Cabot - next moves

Cabot! Being Sneaky!

Blackjacky v Cabot - charging order

Cabot at it again!

Me Vs Cabot.... yet another cabot thread

Cabot County Court Claim Form

Seahorse v Cabot

CABOT and the LoP

TLTS vs Cabot Court Summons Defence Wording

Help with Cabot

Cabot - CRA Data Removal

Cabot (europe ltd)

Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed

Another pieceinthe CAbot strategy revealed Basel II accord&InternationalAccou nts S39

Cabot, Fire, Robinson Way and now Iqor.

ScarletPimpernel v Cabot

Cabot v Windywoo

Background To The Cabot Buyout

If only my other Cabot CCA was as easy

Cabot Financial CCA

cabot abd CCA

Will Cabot really send someone to my door?

Cabot who ?

Skint single mum v Cabot financial

Mackem67 vs Cabot/Kingshill ?

djdave vs Cabot

help with cabot, b/card and cca

Cabot - I want to do this right

Barclaycard/Cabot/Mackenzie Hall

Cabot risk Manager - bet he's busy...

Cabot reply to CCA....what next??

Clarity , Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd and Capital One

At a Glance who owns what % in Cabot Financial

Cabot Puts A Spoke In The Wheel

Sainsbury's/ Cabot - Advice please !

Cabot-Bryan Carter-Fredrikson's!

Sainsburys/Cabot - Default and Data Protection

Cabot Deed Of Assignment - It's All Irish!

Cabot+Morley+House crash = ££££££

CCA received from Cabot

Unsatisfactory Service under CCA claim it back from Cabot?

letter from cabot

Cabot/Ruthbridge Ltd query?? plse help

Information on Cabot

Cabot sent cca is this enforceable?

Slartibartfast and Cabot

cabot and bucksmills

Letter from ruthbridge\regarding cabot advice please?

Reponse from cabot - not sure how to reply

Advice on dealing with Cabot

Cabot Test Case!

Im in the club. (Argos / Cabot)

Cabot Financial

MoonHawk vs Cabot

Cabot and me

Cabot, Monument & the CRA's

Cheddar Vs Cabot

AlexTEH vs Cabot & Capital One

Cabot, your 30 days are up!

Anyone have any POC's for Cabot

Cabot returned stat fee.

Cabot Fan Club - New Member - Help

Cabot/Ruthbridge !

1970 vc Cabot YES, THEY ARE TAKING ME TO COURT

Is Cabot a vexatious litigant?

Debt_mountain vs Cabot

Cabot V Kazzie

Citi Cards - Cabot

need some advice .... argos/cabot please

Cabot (taking bank funds without permission

cabot , ruthbridge

HELP!! with cabot please

Chad V Cabot financial

Cabot Financial V Chad

Help please, Monument sold debt onto Cabot whilst it is in dispute

VOLVO v Cabot Fin/Europe?kh1 - (The Associates Credit Card)

How do I deal with Cabot?

Cabot claim- Scared! Please help.

Libra007 vs Cabot - Monument

Cabot Financial

Cabot financial response

Cabot visiting on Monday - please help

Babble vs Cabot/Monument

Cabot visiting on Monday - please help

cabot problem

mrrj v cabot / kings hill

Cabot - first ever contact is letter saying they will be visiting next week?

Cabot creating Fire Hazard!!!

Naughty Cabot

Cabot registered Default on credit history

Cabot help please

help please with Cabot

Cabot

Cabot CCA

Can anyone join your club? UUN vs Cabot

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

• 6 months later...

Please add my thread to the cabot fan club i tried to edit the title to include cabot but it didnt work,im new to forums.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/159727-help-advice-needed.html

i HEARD BACK FROM CABOT CEO,PLZ ADD THREAD TO CABOT FAN CLUB TY

Edited by valfa
UPDATED INFO

• 2 weeks later...

This is probably one of the largest Cabot threads where a lot of the ground work for the Cabot Fan Club activities began. Anyone having Cabot troubles could do worse than taking time reading through here. Then progress through some of the others for examples..Most of the posters on here had quite a lot of input investigating and exposing their naughty ways...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/dca-legal-successes/36665-cabot-again-urgent-help.html

There used to be a Cabot sub forum which highlighted all these - but...... :rolleyes:

Sarah

I am having problems with Cabot too, over a credit card debt that goes back to 2003.

Sent request with £1 postal order for copy of CCA. Cabot sent £1 back saying that they aren't liable under the 1974 Act, but out of courtesy (!) would chase up my original CCA.

I wrote back using a template from here, telling them that as they were well over the 12 day limit they were in breach, etc, and that I was also notifying them that I wanted my personal details removed according to the 1988 Data Protection Act.

They wrote back today (23rd Sept), saying that they are still chasing the original CCA, but "our client has had difficulties locating it", and that as they don't actually own the debt, they do not have to remove my personal details and I am still liable for the said debt.

What should I do now? Wait, or send them something else? The letter was arrogant and snobby, and in effect was saying they were beyond the law.

Thanks in advance!

John

• 2 weeks later...

John,

I suggest you start your own thread. This is what I did, and the helpful replies are coming in.

I would be very interested in the results of this as it is where I will probably be not too far from now. Apparently Cabot often return the £1, but in my case they actually put it toward the alleged debt and sent a letter saying "Thank you for your payment".

This has to be unlawful as the letter (template N) clearly stated that the £1 postal order was the CCA fee.

Cabot will try to get away with anything, and clearly in your case they are making up the law as they go along.

Clearly it is time to initiate a complaint through their internal procedures. (You have to do this before it can go to the FOS) I can give you a link to Seahorse's blog where the complaints procedure is located -

Complain : Cabot Financial Blog

The only thing I can't tell you is whether this information is up to date or not.

It would also be useful to know exactly which regulations have been breached so that you come across as informed when making the complaint.

Start your own thread, and you will get more help.

SH

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Cabot Financial are a Debt Collection Company. They dont register defaults as that is upto the original vendor to do, once the account is defaulted the vendor can legally sell the debt to a debt collection company to collect the outstanding balance.

Most debt collection companies stick to the oringal credit agreement with regards to interest and charges being applies unless the vendor states not too. Interest is frozen if regular payments are being recieved until the account is clear.

Sometimes, when accounts are paid in full prior to Cabot purchasing it, its the original vendors fault for not updating a person's credit report and their fault for selling it too Cabot. This is easily fixed by stating this to Cabot who then investigate the account and going back to the original vendor.

The original vendor is the one that has to supply a person with a default notice not the debt colleciton company. Also, it is the vendor that has to send you a Paid In Full letter (PIF) if you cleared it. If you dont recieve this then you have to request it from the vendor, otherwise the vendor can be very sneaky and sell the debt on, again the vendors fault. Sometimes when you are given a discounted settlement figure and they dont send you this letter, then sometimes the vendor sells the remaining balance to a debt collection company without telling the the previous history on the account.

When making complaints to Cabot, sometimes it does take time espcially when the vendor is at fault, as the vendor will try and stall to cover their backs.

i hope this helps

Hi everyone,

Cabot Financial are a Debt Collection Company. They dont register defaults as that is upto the original vendor to do, once the account is defaulted the vendor can legally sell the debt to a debt collection company to collect the outstanding balance.

Most debt collection companies stick to the oringal credit agreement with regards to interest and charges being applies unless the vendor states not too. Interest is frozen if regular payments are being recieved until the account is clear.

Sometimes, when accounts are paid in full prior to Cabot purchasing it, its the original vendors fault for not updating a person's credit report and their fault for selling it too Cabot. This is easily fixed by stating this to Cabot who then investigate the account and going back to the original vendor.

The original vendor is the one that has to supply a person with a default notice not the debt colleciton company. Also, it is the vendor that has to send you a Paid In Full letter (PIF) if you cleared it. If you dont recieve this then you have to request it from the vendor, otherwise the vendor can be very sneaky and sell the debt on, again the vendors fault. Sometimes when you are given a discounted settlement figure and they dont send you this letter, then sometimes the vendor sells the remaining balance to a debt collection company without telling the the previous history on the account.

When making complaints to Cabot, sometimes it does take time espcially when the vendor is at fault, as the vendor will try and stall to cover their backs.

i hope this helps

NO IT DOESN'T:-x

THIS POSTER SPEAK "DCA LANGUAGE "

(MEANING FILE THE POST UNDER R.... FOR RUBBISH!! ) HOW MANY MINUTES HAS THIS POSTER BEEN REGISTERED ???

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

Hi everyone,

i hope this helps

Read post 6, then go to post 1 and start at the top and work down, take a couple of months off and read the Cabot threads then come back with your experienced knowledge. We all appreciate your help and advice, after all, thats how we all started and I am sure your intentions are honourable, but Cabot have been exposed well and truly for all their antics over the last two and a half years, been stripped to the bone with regards to Kingshill No1 et all, and contrary to another one of your posts, Cabot do indeed register defaults as well as allegedly ( :D ) having no agreements or very few to support their often unlawful activities, chase unenforceable debt, chase statute barred debt, write a load of intimidating tosh in their letters, have untrained and inexperienced staff making intimidating telephone calls, take debtors to court with Agreements regulated by IRISH law hoping to scupper the judge, break most OFT guidelines on a regular basis, use useless solicitors like ******* ( Hi Dean? :p ) and the occasional barrister when they feel confident, really don't know at the coal face what the Consumer Credit Act actually says (oh, I'm getting tired) and spend far too much energy congratulating themselves in the media - don't we Ken? ( bit chilly for that new swimming pool just now isn't it?). Anyway, spend a little time familiarising yourself with what's gone before, we even gave Kenny his own little Cabot Fan Club didn't we guys and gals just to strip the company naked and show it for what it really is. No wonder Citigroup are keen to sell it, just like a market traders stall, nobody wants to buy rotten banana's...:p

Sarah ;)

Edited by andrew1

i have looked at page 1 wow theres lots i dont know which one to go on heres is what is happening

i did a thread but cannot find it but i am recovering from a car crash which happened 5th nov this is my 4th day up been on complete bed rest but i have to go back to bed in the afternoons still getting the paims

but cahoot or whatever we call them keeps phoning my hubby tells them about car accident and that i am unable to come to the phone the girl asked when will she be better to come to the phone my hubby said how longis a peice of string

i sont want them keep phoneing and dont know what to do it is to do with vanquis and it is a long story but i did put it in here somewhere but with my hubby being made retired 3 yrs ago under ill-health yes they have had finacial expenditure forms etc i was on pp then out of the blue vanquis stopped the payment protection as although the card was in my name but cause it was hubby s name they cancelled the pp and its gone on since then also vanquis has ignored all my responces and letters to them and now with there charges etc it is £1,445 odds

what do i do now as i dont need this worry esp at a time like this when i am in pain and trying to get over the accident

tyvm

abg

Here's a thought, now call me crazy but why dont you for a change just pay your debts!! instead of trying to find way of stalling and getting out of paying them. After all you have got the credit and spent it, you wouldnt borrow money of a freind then not pay them back but still expect them to be nice to you and still be your friends would you?? ...... no didnt think so, so why dont you have a think next time before you try and steal more money from the goverment!! :lol:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1554167.html

LETS all read the above witness statement of cabot's

the witness statement is made by by cabot (uk)limited the claimant !!!!![ who according to this witness statement have no employees]

point 3.8

clearly says cabot europe are licensed by barclays to send such notices of assignment in relation to such debts assigned to the claimant [cabot (uk]

Edited by FANTASY CHARGES
wish him luck as we wave him goodbye

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

Here's a thought, now call me crazy but why dont you for a change just pay your debts!! instead of trying to find way of stalling and getting out of paying them. After all you have got the credit and spent it, you wouldnt borrow money of a freind then not pay them back but still expect them to be nice to you and still be your friends would you?? ...... no didnt think so, so why dont you have a think next time before you try and steal more money from the goverment!! :lol:

:rolleyes: Oh dear.

'Confidence grows & heartbeat slows to a steady stronger beat, as each member unites, against DCA fights & we all sail aboard the CAG fleet!' :rolleyes:

:pKeep smiling peeps!

If Cabot tried to take your house as they are prone to doing or frightening the living daylights out of people as they are also prone to doing because they thought they had a right, do you think they'd care about paperwork if they could get away with it? - NO. didn't think so, nor would any bank and you'd just sit back no doubt saying " okay, help yourself, I don't mind that you don't have any legal right to have it, but take it all the same cos your my friend" would you? Don't, with all due respect, be a twit! It is written into UK legislation under such Acts as the CCA if you know what that is, and passed through a democratic Parliament that activities by companies like Cabot have to abide by certain rules before they can come gunning for people in a gung - ho manner. We just ask them to produce things the way they should before exercising any rights they have UNDER THE LAW. Then we'll all go away. You are making the mistake so many Credit people do, you think everybody who frequents forum like this do so to avoid paying and that's where you guys get it all so wrong because if you go back to many of my earlier posts going way back into 2006 when this forum began the only thing I and thousands like me have said is that we want the credit industry to abide by the laws they have ignored for so many years and you coming on and harping on like this is proof positive that we have achieved that. Why? because contemptuous twits have come and gone once they realise we are not a bunch of rogues we just want your grubby little industry cleaned up. Okay?

I am not going to feed the troll.... bye!

Oh, and give Ken our love from the Cabot Fan Club

Sarah

And here I was reading a thread about how cabot employees gave up time to help children in need and thinking they cant be that bad then I stumble across this rubbish, from a TROLL

Feeding the ducks in the local park can be a pleasant pastime. Feeding trolls usually isn't.

However, sometimes the ill-informed drivel they spout cannot be allowed to go unanswered, simply because there may be impressionable and uninformed people reading these posts looking for answers.

Here's a thought

What, from a DCA employee? Well, at least that establishes a precedent.

call me crazy

Well, it is one possibility, but I can think of a few other things I would like to call you.

why dont you for a change just pay your debts!! instead of trying to find way of stalling and getting out of paying them. After all you have got the credit and spent it

A life that exists only in black and white. No shades of grey. If, my dear troll, you ever graduate to adulthood you may find out that the real world is not like that. In the first place, many people being hounded by DCA thugs did not ever borrow money in the first place. Secondly, even if they did borrow money, there is often a legitimate dispute concerning all or part of the account. Especially when you bear in mind your colleagues' propensity for breaching every regulation in the book and adding on bogus charges, and then interest on the bogus charges, and then interest on interest on the bogus charges, until the alleged debt which started off as a simple cricket score has now become an international telephone number.

And, in the unlikely event that the money is genuinely owed, saying "why dont you for a change just pay your debts" is not a question which is necessarily relevant to the real world. Yes, the ARE people out there who are simple debt evaders, seeking to gain something for nothing. I have to say I have never yet met one on the CAG. In many other cases, genuine hardship, even hardship involving terminal illness or permanent disability, means that the option of paying any alleged debt is simply not there.

This concept requires a degree of humanity to understand, which is why it is totally beyond the grasp of the employees of debt collection agencies, whose sole raison d'etre appears to be to harass, bully and abuse people into giving them something which they cannot give, because it simply doesn't exist.

you wouldnt borrow money of a freind then not pay them back but still expect them to be nice to you and still be your friends would you??

Well, actually, in the civilized world you just might. If you lent money to someone, and they then suffered a life changing accident or illness, lost their entire income and were unable to pay you back, then you might exhibit a degree of understanding. Assuming you were a human being and not an employee of a debt collection agency.

so why dont you have a think next time before you try and steal more money from the goverment!!

I am assuming when you say "goverment", you are actually referring to the GoverNment. Have I missed something? Has Crapbot Farcical now taken over the entire country? Is Dear Old Ken now ensconsed in No.10 Downing Street, dreaming up new ways of feeding his greed from the long suffering populace?

Actually, the job would suit him perfectly. Glory and unearned booty gained from living at everyone else's expense.

What the hell has the "goverment" got to do with Consumer Credit?

If you really want to know who steals money from the Government, I will tell you. The banking and finance industry steals from the Government. When a credit card company or bank lends money to an individual, a contract is signed. Or, at least should be signed. The individual is bound not only by honour, but by law, to adhere to that agreement.

What is the lender obliged to adhere to? At the first sign of trouble, at the very first sign that this may have been a poor business choice, the lending institution will close the account, fire the debtor, and claim the balance in tax relief.

That is right. They will make the rest of society responsible for their mistake.

Or, at least, their possible mistake. There is no proof whatsover that if the lending institution had behaved like a proper business and been prepared to work with the borrower through his rough patch, that the account would not have been brought back into order. Making further profits for the lender, and saving the Government from an unnecessary loss.

Although, of course, it is never the Government that really does take the loss, is it? It is the long suffering taxpayer who subsidises both Government insanity, and the treachery of ponces and leeches such as the banking industry.

That is what a bank or lending institution really is. A blown up version of Arthur Daley or Del Boy Trotter.

They are inherently immoral, treacherous and dishonest. The only phenomenon worse than these parasites are the bottom feeding **** who buy up these reject accounts that the banks will no longer deal with. Because it is too much like hard work to run an honest business, and too easy to live at everyone else's expense. These loathsome organizations then bully, harass, threaten and abuse the already beleaguered debtor, trying to coerce them into parting with what they can ill afford to part with.

These savages are the regression of thinking man back to the level of the animal. They, and their practices, have absolutely no place in a civilized and evolved society. They have taken their gift of human life, and thrown it away, choosing to live only at the level of baseness, greed, and subhuman malevolence.

Are you looking in the mirror, Mr Troll?.

SH

• Haha 1

Hey, why are we getting all defensive? The law has spoken! In reality when someone pays a DCA money when there is no properly executed CCA, they have done so as a result of misrepresentation, fraud if you like. The OC took the easy way out and the DCA took the easy way in. Let them both suffer (especially the DCA).

Newborn

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

HARIBO88

hello

we do malue your help here but i take it your post is meant for me? or all of us?

we all come in here for help and like many of us it isnt our fault if we come into finacial hardship

you saywhy dont you for a change just pay your debts!! instead of trying to find way of stalling and getting out of paying them. After all you have got the credit and spent it

we all do pay as u call it debts but when something happenes and it cannot be helped we let the company know may i say without sounding rude, we all come in here to help no matter what it is and i am sure we all do not need your comments like this i was upset to read this after all we are here to help everyone get advise but if you carry on like this we wont have anyone left like me we all will look some where else can i ask

have you ever been in hardship situation have you ever asked for help yes there are genuine reasons and there are them that get it and not bother paying so come on which catogory are you speaking about our finacial hardship was when my husband got made retired under ill health and myself also so can you tell me what is our excuse id love to know while i am on about it so what do you think of the bank charges is that our fault as well as many subjects/topics in here we are her to help one another NOT CRITISISEus/them

i do not wish to seem rude but i am sorry i feel that your reply wasnt in the interest of those seeking help if you read many a thread you will see all of mine and the background etc etc

i am now thinking of looking else where as this reply of yours was unessary

no offence

abg

mmmmmmmm! I wonder if haribo88 is a cabot emplyee?

Originally Posted by haribo88 viewpost.gif

abg

cabot phone me up to 4 times a day

as i said in my post i am up for a while then i have to go back to bedrest these are my doctors orders

so if this isnt annoying 4 times or more a day oh then not to forgetting night time calls as well

i have heard nothing from jdw

apart from them ignoring all my letters

and sending me a referal to moorcroft and three other companies then cabot who has taken it on and now its £2, which over a thousand is in fee interest and charges

they have never stopped the fee, interest, charges etc so it is mounting up all the time

abg

Very well put Scabhunter. Maybe haribo88 will learn the error of his or her ways when they have worked there long enough to realise that morality and compassion are something that DCA's have no understanding of. When citigroup sell crapbot off, and they have to shut down, I hope, haribo88, that you dont lose your job. You could run into debt, and maybe have DCA's on your back chasing you for the car loan, credit card etc that you cant afford to pay back. What will you do then? You wont need to come on this forum will you? Because you already know the way DCA's work so you will be able to wriggle your way out of anything. So haribo88, crawl back to where you belong and stop judging people behind a computer screen. jed

Edited by jed52

What the hell has the "goverment" got to do with Consumer Credit?

If you really want to know who steals money from the Government, I will tell you. The banking and finance industry steals from the Government. When a credit card company or bank lends money to an individual, a contract is signed. Or, at least should be signed. The individual is bound not only by honour, but by law, to adhere to that agreement.

What is the lender obliged to adhere to? At the first sign of trouble, at the very first sign that this may have been a poor business choice, the lending institution will close the account, fire the debtor, and claim the balance in tax relief.

That is right. They will make the rest of society responsible for their mistake.

Or, at least, their possible mistake. There is no proof whatsover that if the lending institution had behaved like a proper business and been prepared to work with the borrower through his rough patch, that the account would not have been brought back into order. Making further profits for the lender, and saving the Government from an unnecessary loss.

Although, of course, it is never the Government that really does take the loss, is it? It is the long suffering taxpayer who subsidises both Government insanity, and the treachery of ponces and leeches such as the banking industry.

That is what a bank or lending institution really is. A blown up version of Arthur Daley or Del Boy Trotter.

They are inherently immoral, treacherous and dishonest. The only phenomenon worse than these parasites are the bottom feeding **** who buy up these reject accounts that the banks will no longer deal with. Because it is too much like hard work to run an honest business, and too easy to live at everyone else's expense. These loathsome organizations then bully, harass, threaten and abuse the already beleaguered debtor, trying to coerce them into parting with what they can ill afford to part with.

These savages are the regression of thinking man back to the level of the animal. They, and their practices, have absolutely no place in a civilized and evolved society. They have taken their gift of human life, and thrown it away, choosing to live only at the level of baseness, greed, and subhuman malevolence.

Are you looking in the mirror, Mr Troll?.

:p SH, You did it again! Darn i wish i'd known you at college - reckon you could have been big help with my sociololgy essays. Lol! :D

Mpols x

'Confidence grows & heartbeat slows to a steady stronger beat, as each member unites, against DCA fights & we all sail aboard the CAG fleet!' :rolleyes:

:pKeep smiling peeps!