Link Financial investigation of assets

long road
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5329 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can anyone help? Yesterday i recieved a letter from Link Financial stating

"we have recently, without success, attempted to contact you with regards to your outstanding balance with us of £2351.20. Your refusal to deal with this matter has prompted our office to make an enquiry under the LAND REGISTRATION ACT 2002.

you are recorded on the PROPRIETORSHIP REGISTER AT HM LAND REGISTRY as holding a beneficial interest in the property xxxxxx. this means you may have a significant asset, one that can be used to enforce a county court judgement by way of a final charging order."

Firstly i dont know who Link Financial are as i have never heard of them/from them before. and secondly i have no idea what this debt relates to.

Any suggestions as to what i should do? there seems to be some very good advice and lots of helpful people on here. Ive only just joined today but there are a few things i will be posting over the next few days.

cheers :)

Hello and Welcome, long road.

I'd try the 'prove it' letter..................

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

**Edit to suit**

Remember, don’t sign the letter.

And send recorded.

Regards.

Scott.

• Haha 1
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I would first of all send them this to find out what debt they are on about.

Name/Address:

Date:

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. AND in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Do not sign the letter and send it recorded. It is not unusual for a dca to claim they have sent numorus letters in the first letter, this is to try to get you to call them where they can lie and bully you.

Edited by dcakiller
typo

you are recorded on the PROPRIETORSHIP REGISTER AT HM LAND REGISTRY as holding a beneficial interest in the property xxxxxx. this means you may have a significant asset, one that can be used to enforce a county court judgement by way of a final charging order."

Errrr, land registry will show an interest - there is no possible way it can show a 'beneficial' interest.

David

I didn't know you could search the land registry, is it classed as a public record?

Sorry jdes26, appreciate you might be wound up but can you please refrain from swearing in your posts, thanks :)

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously

The Land Registry Land Registry - Land Registry will give information such as price paid for property, property prices now, mortgage lender etc.

Thanks

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously

thank you all for your advice, it makes it a bit less stressful with all your kind help. i have posted the letter off (i think it was the first one in the thread) and i will wait to see what happens, posted it registered as well as suggested.

cheeeeers

Lee

i most certaily will, oh on another note......is it too late to claim back my charges from abbey or shabbey as ive seen there called on here from 2002 onwards? ive read a few posts and i have never even thought about it before now.

cheers

Lee x

i most certaily will, oh on another note......is it too late to claim back my charges from abbey or shabbey as ive seen there called on here from 2002 onwards? ive read a few posts and i have never even thought about it before now.

cheers

Lee x

Never too late, they may not release accounts back that far though - if the bulk of your charges are from that period you can be pretty sure they'll only supply 6 years of data and that'll only come after a mountain of reminders from you

Get that SAR in the post as soon as you can, never know it might pay for Christmas (2011) :p